Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Air Attack = Game Crash

Rompido

So after about 20+ seemingly random game crashes I noticed a pattern.

I only crash when I look up to a ledge that I wish to melee air attack up to. jump to preform it. and as soon as my character beings to preform the maneuver the game locks up and I'm forced to Alt+F4 or Cntrl + Alt + Del

I can not reproduce it constantly, at times I can do it hundreds of times over.  Other times, I join a fresh new game and instantly crash when I go to do it.  

• 2 weeks later...

8:49 pm EST time. once again. crash while preforming an upward air attack

no I haven't been playing since 4:50pm, I crashed at 4:50 posted, went to spend time with the wife and kid. both are asleep so im back here. 1 mission and crash.....

upwardairattackcrash.jpg

Edited by Rompido

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, i'm the goy with the Scoliac thread, just wanted to let you know i sent in a support ticket with the EE.log and dxdiag files a while ago.

I got cheesy canned responses from a robot and it was frustrating, they suggested that I had spyware and needed to verify and optimize, things like that, eventually i kinda lost it and basically told them i believed this was all part of the powercreep and that i was expected to move on to the Atterax and that canned response number 3 would be worth the price of the forma and catalyst i used on this useless weapon. My vitriol was met with a response from a human, eventually! It's just frustrating because if you actually @(*()$ read the log file you can see where it has an error because the engine can't find an animation file, but i digress, no angering this ultra mellow goy!

Well, they said they passed the information on to their testers (implying that they exist) and hopefully they could figure out why this issue was occurring.

If you want a little giggle let me know and I'll screen cap the emails. Or not, because F*** you i have stuff to grind for so i can grind some more.

Also, i switched to the Ceramic Dagger almost exclusively and have not encountered this problem since. i guess that melee is really only for going fast. But if some random joins my game with a Scoliac i just alt F4, no need to hang around and get screwed out of any drops or rewards.

Stay fast!

EDIT: seems i had a different Scoliac thread: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/343010-air-melee-with-scoliac-causes-freeze/#entry3831037 Sorry for any confusion, let's hope we can get our formas and catalysts back or be able to use this sweet whip, because muh Saryn Dominatrix ERP fetishes!

Edited by red29A

I've been having these issues too A LOT lately (past week or so).

I also can't reproduce it consistently.

What melee weapon are you using? It happened to me a lot when using the Scoliac but I'm sure it happened with other melee weapons as well. I've switch to dakra prime and serro and so far no crashes when air meleeing.

It also happened to me right as I jump and press melee, right before the animation starts I think. Also sent in a support ticket with the EE.log and mentioned that I was using the Scoliac.

Edited by Seraphyx

I've been having these issues too A LOT lately (past week or so).

I also can't reproduce it consistently.

What melee weapon are you using? It happened to me a lot when using the Scoliac but I'm sure it happened with other melee weapons as well. I've switch to dakra prime and serro and so far no crashes when air meleeing.

It also happened to me right as I jump and press melee, right before the animation starts I think. Also sent in a support ticket with the EE.log and mentioned that I was using the Scoliac.

yes it happens most often with Scoliac. has only happened once MAYBE twice with another weapon.

OH!

by the way. today while i was spectating  SPECTATING a conclave match. the guy I was watching was using Scoliac and went to preform a directional melee air attack and GUESS WHAT? I CRASHED

crashagain3.png

like seriously? I don't even have to do it. just be spectating someone that is doing it and I crash? geeeeze.

• 1 month later...

God dammit

Just got this crash air meleeing about 1 hour into solo farming stuff on Venus

xkJjdij.png

was just about to leave too

if de is listening I crashed at 10pm aest 2/11/2015

Specs

Windows 8.1

intel 5i 4th gen

8gb ram

GeForce GT 720

Also running overwolf if that means anything