Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entropy Spike

Storchenbein

So after countless hours of grinding I bought this mod in the hopes to see an explosion here or there on my beloved Bolto.

It never happened. I didn't expect it to turn into a firework launcher but I at least hoped it would explode once after 200 bullets. Others have reported that they never got an explosion even in long survival and defense missions.

So please, buff and clarify the "0.2" explosion chance. Is it literally 0.2%, because it seems like it is, in which case this is ridiculously bad and useless aside from the entropy AoE.

Entropy causes affinity gained to fill a special meter. Once 2,000 affinity is acquired, the weapon discharges a radial attack dealing 1,000 18px-Magnetic_b.png Magneticdamage to enemies around the player and will restore 25% of maximum Energy.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Entropy_Spike

Edit: I mis-read your post. Sorry! When they say explosive chance is 0.2, do they mean 0.2%? If so, thats really low

Edited by democrator

Entropy causes affinity gained to fill a special meter. Once 2,000 affinity is acquired, the weapon discharges a radial attack dealing 1,000 18px-Magnetic_b.png Magneticdamage to enemies around the player and will restore 25% of maximum Energy.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Entropy_Spike

Thanks for nothing? I knew that. I was talking about the actual effect advertised by the mod card, read more carefully next time.

Thanks for testing Syndicates mods for us :D

But I have a two questions:

1.Is your weapon fully modded? (180% multi-shot and max rank entropy spike)

2.Did you shoot at enemy or did you just shoot at environment? Maybe the explosion can only be triggered when the bolts hit enemy.

If the explosion still doesn't work, then it's probably a bug.

Thanks for testing Syndicates mods for us :D

But I have a two questions:

1.Is your weapon fully modded? (180% multi-shot and max rank entropy spike)

2.Did you shoot at enemy or did you just shoot at environment? Maybe the explosion can only be triggered when the bolts hit enemy.

If the explosion still doesn't work, then it's probably a bug.

I shot a full clip on the ground and nothing happened, so I figured it might only trigger on shooting an enemy. Then I unloaded about 5 full clips on Vor and still nothing. And yes, I had 180% multishot and maxed entropy spike.

The problem is, no one has an idea what the "0.2" actually is, for all we know it could be 0.2% or 0.2 out of 1, so 20%. If it's really 20% then this is clearly bugged.

I shot a full clip on the ground and nothing happened, so I figured it might only trigger on shooting an enemy. Then I unloaded about 5 full clips on Vor and still nothing. And yes, I had 180% multishot and maxed entropy spike.

The problem is, no one has an idea what the "0.2" actually is, for all we know it could be 0.2% or 0.2 out of 1, so 20%. If it's really 20% then this is clearly bugged.

That does sound very strange. This mod is either buggy, super weak or the number is wrong. Hope devs can take a look at this mod.

think you might have that wrong. where did you get the 1 from? it has always been out of 100%. From looking back at the U15 patch notes, it just list 0.1% for the explosion to happen. But ya 0.2% out of 100% is kinda LULZ

That's a shame. I planned to get this mod :/

I hope this gets looked at soon. There are so many syndicate mods that don't work properly, it's not even funny anymore. It can't be that hard for DE to spend 15 minutes on testing if each mod does what it's supposed to.

Maybe it worked for them.

ED: Also they said that these mods are being worked on and are subject to change, so don't give your hope so fast! :)

Edited by CKN_Czarny

They had said in at least one of their videos that the extras on those mods are not a @ chance per hit but that once you earned a certain amount of syndicate xp in that mission with that weapon that it would go off. So hitting the floor or a named for an incredibly long time should do nothing. You're gonna have to mow down lots of mobs and at a certain amount of affinity from kills, it should do the exploding.

They had said in at least one of their videos that the extras on those mods are not a @ chance per hit but that once you earned a certain amount of syndicate xp in that mission with that weapon that it would go off. So hitting the floor or a named for an incredibly long time should do nothing. You're gonna have to mow down lots of mobs and at a certain amount of affinity from kills, it should do the exploding.

That is the Entropy effect you're describing. Once you gain 2000 affinity, the bar on the weapon with the special mod will fill and unleash an AoE blast of differing elements (Entropy here 1000 magnetic damage) and give you a buff (Entropy: +25% max energy).

It has no relation whatsoever with the effect that the mod card itself should apply, in this case the chance for the bolts to explode.

That's a shame. I planned to get this mod :/

Maybe it worked for them.

ED: Also they said that these mods are being worked on and are subject to change, so don't give your hope so fast! :)

It could be fixed on Wednesday. Or it could take till Update 16 or beyond for them to fix it. As it seems right now it has a 0.2% to explode, so it needs a buff. We know how long it takes DE to grant us some buffs, even if they wouldn't disrupt balance. One can only hope they notice that the mod has bad stats or is bugged by people on the forums.

Edited by Storchenbein