Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So De Will "review" Viver.

fatpig84

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/342791-petition-to-not-nerf-viver/page-6#entry3834567

That's good DE.

Just making it Corpus outdoor like Cerberus and your problems of people "grinding2fast" will have evaporated.

But please please please, don't touch Trinity, Mag, Excalibur or Limbo !

Nor the spawn rates of interception.

Some interception maps are boring as it is, so killing the spawn rates globally will affect all other nodes.

Just take the easy way out, make it outdoor.

Edited by fatpig84

Didn't see that. Wonder what "reviewing" it actually means.

The obvious answer would be some sort of nerf or way to prevent people from exploiting the mission type. Someone had a really good idea to start leveling enemies based on time spent in the mission like survivals rather than by wave. Wouldn't completely eliminate the ability to get a lot of rep but it might cut it down to more sensible levels.

Or they can just look at it and not do anything at all.

Edited by Seraphyx

And people will find the next best way. Then DE will review that new way and the cycle repeat.

It's not entirely about what's the best way, so much as what's too fast for DE's intentions.  Of course people will find the fastest way to farm rep.  Unfortunately, that fast way right now is ludicrously fast.  1000 rep after a few waves of interception, rounds of defense, or 25-30 minutes of survival is probably more in line with their intentions.

How about this: The outdoor, raised area is the first location, then the indoor area for the second wave, then the one that's between buildings (that one defense map) for the third wave, then the dam map for the fourth, etc. The interception points would simply change by running through a few corridors, and you'd have to run to another run depending on the wave.

Ugh, I hate the Outdoor one. Looks like I won't be playing this node ever again.

And no, this isn't for the grinding/XP, I just like the indoor one, it's easier to do solo or with 2 people, the outdoor one is too open for that.

Oh well.

Interception needs review overall, it is stupidly easy how you can get crapload of reputation in one run. You just need specific setup and positioning.

Not quite, theres exactly one issue, and thats small maps bottlenecking dozens of enemies into the range of powerful AoE abilities.

Assuming you have played at Cerberus you must know its greatest difference to Viver is that the map is so large and open that one frame cannot hope to cover it with a nuke ability.

I also have this problem on the nodes using Galleon, Shipyard and Gas City tilesets.

Edited by Dualstar

I will never understand why, in a game completely centered around grinding, DE would ever think to nerf the prime grinding spot. I've seen the arguments for nerfing Viver, and all of them can be restated as "You're gaining XP/Rep faster than I think you should be able to, therefore it is stupid and should be nerfed". 

As for your suggestion, I think that would make it too difficult for the solo players.

A new, labyrinthine map, with shifting walls and floors would be cool. You'd not know that a group of baddies is near a console unless someone had a radar on. Then, getting to said spot without losing yourself in the labyrinth would be tough! Just imagine if the interception points also travelled around, on rails, floating about, or et cetera.

Interception needs review overall, it is stupidly easy how you can get crapload of reputation in one run. You just need specific setup and positioning.

This. The problem is with the game mode. You can nearly replicate the results on any other small Interception map. The only thing that makes Viver stand out is that the enemies start as a higher level.

You can even do it on some of the larger interception maps, it just takes longer and requires you to actually move a bit.

A new, labyrinthine map, with shifting walls and floors would be cool. You'd not know that a group of baddies is near a console unless someone had a radar on. Then, getting to said spot without losing yourself in the labyrinth would be tough! Just imagine if the interception points also travelled around, on rails, floating about, or et cetera.

1) A dynamic map would play hell on enemy pathfinding, and still wouldnt protect them from massive AoE. Also: Enemy Radar.

2) The mobs have to capture the points from a fixed position and that defeats the point of having moving points.

How about a different idea that will solve the problem and change interceptions as little as possible. Instead of enemies capturing points, have it be on a timer. So you've got to get to 100% before the timer expires or else the system will lock you out and you'll lose the message. When enemies take points, it will slow your progress or remove it at a steady rate if they cap enough. This will remove the ability to just sit there and artillery camp the map and leave my beloved T4 key farm untouched.

Seriously, after a long day, I like getting involved with a cerberus match and tearing Corpus apart. IMHO, earning T4 keys in this manner should be the main way to obtain them. Buying 5 packs from the syndicates should be an optional, less efficient method.

Isn't Eris an all infested planet? Therefore fighting on a Corpus ship makes sense.

The next best way is not like Viver. I highly doubt it'll be nerfed.

Infested Alad V went halfsies on it.  If he took the whole thing over it woulda triggered some urgent quick response protocols in the Corpus StarNet monitoring system.  He needed the extra time to finish developing his version and solution to the Grineer's introduction of the Balor Formians that are currently in the background of every other archwing missions kicking the S#&$ outa Corpus.