Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Come On De, Get It Together! (Big Thread)

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

Today I just wanted to say something in regards to the overall methodology DE has when dealing with certain things. For the most part (unless otherwise mentioned) we will not include money and resources into this, but something we all have in common on this forum, passion.

This isn't purely related to LoS changes and Viver, I don't care about those, this is related to the way DE does things that affect us greatly.

So first off, I know for a fact that DE listens to us and delivers great content with our support behind them, I know that 100% certainly. I also know a lot of forumers like myself that have helped shape this game and continue to do so in the long run. Well we found our problem, in the long run.

I found this pattern in the way DE does things, somebody cries wolf and DE jumps to help, almost like a reaction jumps to fix the problem. Except what was the problem? Well the first problem was the crier, he was louder than most and he gets his way, but the bigger problem is that the issue that needs fixing isn't fixed the way it should be.

Looking at a lot of things that happened in the past too, DE rushed something and it backfired a lot and there is reoccurring pattern that just keeps happening. The behavior of players that push them to do these things is being rewarded in fact, some cries they get help, somebody cries they get help. So on and so on, without any real fixes being added directly requiring more work later down the line.

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

Doing the same thing over and over and over again, expecting things to change.

That is insane isn't it? Well we can't keep doing the same thing over and over and over again guys, we gotta change something to expect better results.

How do we do that? Well DE you have nearly a million players on the forums alone. A simple question can give you nearly a million answers.

My base line is when we encounter a problem, let's stop jumping to a quick fix and let's actually do it properly by examining the problem and consulting one another. It has been happening far too much and it doesn't help you or us.

To defend DE, I understand what it's like. Waking up in the morning logging on and having people say great things, mean things and somewhere in the middle. I understand what it is to be told your project is absolutely S#&$ and I understand what it is to find someone else who shares the same passion which is why I am willing to support DE. I am not trying to hit you down guys, I am trying to give you an eye opener.

Criers being the loudest and getting their way means that developers do care about their community and their game however DE needs to step back sometimes, let go of us and just look around; who knows you may find something much more brilliant between this huge twisted treeline of threads.

What do you guys think?

People will always be mad at DE for somethign or another. Others will always be thankful. Stay in the middle, be calm headed and provide meaningful feedback thats not too biased on your personal opinions, and you become a valuable asset to the devs.

Additionally, I do agree that DE sometimes takes shortcuts and tries the easy fix rather than long term solutions, it makes me uncomfortable but hopefully its temporary till there is a proper change to balance what has been taken away

Edited by Somedude1000

People will always be mad at DE for somethign or another. Others will always be thankful. Stay in the middle, be calm headed and provide meaningful feedback thats not too biased on your personal opinions, and you become a valuable asset to the devs.

I agree, but overall DE does some weird things, very inconsistent :S

I think attributing everything DE does to people just yelling really loud for something is a bit off the mark. If that were the case, there would have been a lot more changes going around.

Kinda meant this: "Additionally, I do agree that DE sometimes takes shortcuts and tries the easy fix rather than long term solutions, it makes me uncomfortable but hopefully its temporary till there is a proper change to balance what has been taken away"

Well duh >.> This game is both their baby and  their experiment, what they learn from mistakes and inconsistencies here will let them develop future games better, and help improve warframe in the future, is all

Ohh I know and they can and should experiment, risks can lead to great rewards however rushing things is bad and a lot of things tends to happen more and more and I just wanted to point it out, slow and steady does win the race sometimes

The new infested mission/quest was pretty awesome, though.

Maybe so, haven't played it. However Mirage quest was OK at most which was fine as it was one of the first, but the AW quest was horrific..it just felt so out of place for me :S

+1 OP

ive said it before and ill say it again, everyone in the video gaming industry can and should take tips from GGG and PoE and how they iterate and design their game and how they deal with their community

I'm not a huge fan of PoE because of the gameplay (my own opinion :P) But GGG is seriously my favourite developer out there. With so much disappointments from DE I hope they can at least learn a few things from them i.e. communication before updates and actually hearing what veterans have to say instead of listening to casual/new players speaking about end game stuff.

+1 OP

ive said it before and ill say it again, everyone in the video gaming industry can and should take tips from GGG and PoE and how they iterate and design their game and how they deal with their community

I don't like PoE because the gameplay style just doesn't appeal to me as it is, however I analysed and did research on the game and its devs after hearing good news and I must say those guys nailed it. I mean the game knows what it is and is what it is perfectly, something easy to lose track off when being ambitious about a passionate project :)

I'm not a huge fan of PoE because of the gameplay (my own opinion :P) But GGG is seriously my favourite developer out there. With so much disappointments from DE I hope they can at least learn a few things from them i.e. communication before updates and actually hearing what veterans have to say instead of listening to casual/new players speaking about end game stuff.

I don't like PoE because the gameplay style just doesn't appeal to me as it is, however I analysed and did research on the game and its devs after hearing good news and I must say those guys nailed it. I mean the game knows what it is and is what it is perfectly, something easy to lose track off when being ambitious about a passionate project :)

yep, that is exactly why i reference them so often, it has nothing to do with whether you or I happen to specifically like or enjoy their game, the issue is that they do what they do and they understand and execute so incredibly aptly