Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Update 15.3.0 - Syndicate 2.0

FatalionPanic-EGT-

- Detaching syndicate reputation points from EXP gain.

- Adding mission reward reputation multiplicator system:
    - reputation multiplicator based on mission lvl
        - lvl 1-10 = 1x
        - lvl 10-20 = 1.5x
        - lvl 20-30 = 1.75x
        - lvl 30-40+ = 2x
    - base reputation per player in mission = 25
    - base reputation multiplicator = 2x
        - every player brings 25 base reputation into the group which is then doubled
        - solo player = 50 (25*2)
        - two players = 100 (50*2)
        - three players = 150 (75*2)
        - four players = 200 (100*2)
    - individual reputation distribution for each player at the end of a mission
    - nightmare reputation multi = 3x
    - Stealth reputation multi = double the mission multi
    - Survival: more time spent = more reputation (increase by 0.75x every 5 minutes)
    - Defense: more waves = more reputation (increase by 0.75x every 5 minutes)
    - Interception: more rounds = more reputation (increase by 0.125x every round
    - individual gimp multi: per unequipped weapon / sentinel = increased multi by 0.5
      (so using one weapon, no sentinel = 1.5x additional multi)
    - assassination missions have an additional 0.5x reputation multi
    - Tower and Derelict missions have 2.5x multi
    - for every player of the same (first chosen) syndicate there will be an additional reputation multiplicator of 0.15x
        - so two players of the same syndicate will gain 0.3x more reputation
        - four players of the same main syndicate will gain 0.6x more reputation

- added reputation booster to the market
(2x extra multiplicator on top of the base reputation multiplicator)
    - boosts the individual reputation gain of the player owning it
        - solo player = 100 (25*2*2)
        - two player group = 200 (50*2*2)
        - three player goup = 300 (75*2*2)
        - four player group = 400 (100*2*2)

Example:
800 (400*mission lvl multi (which is 2x)) individual reputation distribution with a booster for completing a lvl 30-40+ (non assassination) mission with 4 players in a group.
Completing that same mission on nightmare difficulty uses a reputation multi of 3x = 1200 (instead of 2x).
Completing that same nightmare mission in STEALTH: 6x multi = 2400 (double for stealth * nightmare (which is 3x)).
Completing that same nightmare mission in STEALTH with 1 weapon and no sentinel: 7.5x multi = 3000 reputation (1.5+6=7).
(Without a booster that'd be 1500 finishing the mission gimped in a full group, 1125 in a group of three, 750 in a group of two, 375 soloing it.)

You get the point.
Soloing gives less reputation than completing a mission in a full group so group play is encouraged.

So hows that for a creative Syndicate-system fix?
(Don't pin me down on the amounts, I'm making that up - there probably are more reasonable amounts)

DE, you did a great job so far. Keep it up. Thanks!

I'd love to see a similar patch note in the future :)

Feel free to correct me, I kinda rushed this.

Edit: added interception mission type, changed some values

Edited by FatalionPanic-EGT-

At this point I'm just like "hmm, why didn't they actually retroactively give us rep based on our overall exp".

But yeah... I don't see much content to gain rep in and have fun in right now.

And no, I didn't go to Viver once, that's not what I'm missing.

Edited by scavenge

i'm with you on everything but the solo / group multipliers.

it's not a buff to group, it's a slap in the face to solo players. (keep in mind that many cannot group due to strict nat / network issues)

additionally, the numbers you're using would have to be modified heavily, but for example purposes you're on the right track.

kudos.

better than the flat 2000 someone else suggested.

still i think solo players should actually get a small reward, it could be something like 200 for a full group and 220 for solo, or give a slightly better gimp or level boost while some missions are actually easier solo, on high levels or sword alone solo get you killed... a lot and the risk should be rewarded.

better than the flat 2000 someone else suggested.

still i think solo players should actually get a small reward, it could be something like 200 for a full group and 220 for solo, or give a slightly better gimp or level boost while some missions are actually easier solo, on high levels or sword alone solo get you killed... a lot and the risk should be rewarded.

Thanks for your reply.

As I said the values are completely made up. It's up to DE to find some proper ones.

Solo play is difficult to "reward".

Granted there are issues with IPv6, matchmaking, hosting, you name it but after all WARFRAME is and has always been a multiplayer game.

Why play in a group when solo play gets you more or the same?

See? It's difficult to balance that. That's why I focus on what makes WARFRAME the game that it is in regards to solo / group play: a co-op multiplayer game.

Maybe someone else or DE is coming up with a proper solution to it, as in fixing matchmaking, host / client issues and IPv6 for example so people are not forced to play solo.

For me there could be a weekly and / or monthly Leaderboard with Platinum or unique style gear / mod rewards for solo and group players so every play-style can benefit in some way but not in regards to the Syndicate System.

Which is the topic of this Thread: the Syndicate System.

-snip-

Solo play is difficult to "reward".

-snip-

this is exactly why there really shouldn't be any difference, bonus or multiplier for solo vs. group play.

rewarding one style over the other (regardless of which one, and regardless of the reasons why) is a bad idea.

some prefer solo, so don't have a choice.

if you prioritize one over the other, you've given a distinct advantage to one group over another.

personally, i'd just take the solo vs. multi out of the equation and run with the rest of what you've got.

i think it's definitely on the right track.

other threads have had ideas that would be beneficial to your proposed paradigm as well.

additional sub-missions (30 kills, hack a terminal, etc.) specific to your current syndicate. 

bonuses for certain missions by syndicate. (red veil get's an additional 10% bonus for assassination missions, for example)

suda gets bonuses for spy & deception

arbiters get bonuses for low conclave in high level missions.

you get the idea.

personally, i expected something like what you've advocated to be the way it was done initially. just attaching it to affinity gain is such a cop-out.

Maybe someone else or DE is coming up with a proper solution to it, as in fixing matchmaking, host / client issues and IPv6 for example so people are not forced to play solo.

too hard to implement, still what i meant is the difference shouldn't be so broad so that it feels like you are rewarding group play instead of punishing solo, perhaps make a base value for 1-2-3 players and a bonus for full teams.

For me there could be a weekly and / or monthly Leaderboard with Platinum or unique style gear / mod rewards for solo and group players so every play-style can benefit in some way but not in regards to the Syndicate System.

that would be nice and a nightmare because there is a lot of people looking for ways to break the game, as shown by the current record of 128 rounds of interception, which considering the enemy scaling is impossible without that glitch that made enemies not spawn

bonuses for certain missions by syndicate, for example:

red veil get's an additional 10% bonus for assassination missions 

suda gets bonuses for spy & deception

arbiters get bonuses for low conclave in high level missions.

that sounds good but punishes even more the Arbitrers which already where thrown to the floor and repeatedly kicked by the devs with the "Bo Prime Handle" punishment A.K.A. "i dont want you to play like this" , how about they get a bonus for going sword alone

this is exactly why there really shouldn't be any difference, bonus or multiplier for solo vs. group play.

[...]

There already is a difference, I might be wrong on this but the enemies scale to how many players are in the group.

So for "less" work as in easier enemies there should be no benefit over facing stronger enemies while utilizing tactics and strategy in team-play, which takes a lot more effort - but that's just my opinion.

Keeping that solo-play feedback in mind - back to the Syndicate system "fix".

that sounds good but punishes even more the Arbitrers which already where thrown to the floor and repeatedly kicked by the devs with the "Bo Prime Handle" punishment A.K.A. "i dont want you to play like this" , how about they get a bonus for going sword alone

oh i agree, as an arbiter myself i definitely feel it. -- just tossing out ideas. 

There already is a difference, I might be wrong on this but the enemies scale to how many players are in the group.

So for "less" work as in easier enemies there should be no benefit over facing stronger enemies while utilizing tactics and strategy in team-play, which takes a lot more effort - but that's just my opinion.

Keeping that solo-play feedback in mind - back to the Syndicate system "fix".

the number of enemies scale to the number of players. not the level. (unless i'm mistaken)

it's actually worst than level. 2% increased affinity gain for a mob 3 or 4 levels higher is far less "advantage" than 40% more mobs. (and their associated affinity) 

this is one of the reasons why your system would be beneficial as the mission itself is rewarding rep rather than just grinding out more affinity in the form of more dead mobs.

Edited by xethier

Added interception mission type to the list.

Also balancing endless content in order to be more rewarding the further you get is difficult.

What I'm pointing at is the fact that you could always drop out early and just repeat, so the mission will never be really tough to complete, and still get the same amount of points per minute spent.

I'm aiming for something like doing a 60+wave defense mission gaining much more points in comparison to the points you'd get spending the same time in lower difficulties. This is important.

Edited by FatalionPanic-EGT-