Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U15 - Insufficient Video Memory (Version 2)

Vaze

I know there are topics about this, but my issue is a bit different.

GPU / CPU meters show a nearly constant value of VRAM / RAM and there is more than enough free GBs of memory in those. Memory usage does not increase with time. But when running the game in DX11 and alt-tabbing about 6-7 times, the game crashes on maximization of the window (Insufficient video memory). Checked it out but there was nothing different with the memory levelsAfter every single alt-tab, the maximization takes a bit longer. DX9 works fine - no crashes, instant maximization, even though DX11 runs smoother. I submitted a support ticket but they couldn't help. They just asked if I was still having issues (twice, no new update between them) and closed it with that post.

Somebody should try to replicate this crash. I cannot be the only one having this kind of crash.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hmmm what is your GPU? I run an Nvidia card and just alt-tabbed about 100 times in mission(void) and in Liset with no problems or change in performance whatsoever. Additionally are you using V-sync?

NVIDIA GTX 670M / 3GB GDDR5

V-sync is off in game but on in global settings so yes, I use it.

I got no performance loss, though it take a little bit longer to maximize the game after each alt-tab. Video RAM usage doesn't change by more than 20MB. After 7 or so alt-tabs the game crashes. This started happening after a certain major update, can't remember which.

This does not happen while running the game windowed. If only there was an option to switch windowed mode in game...