Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cannot Fully Disable Music

Hi folks,

Even with the slider fully off, I still hear Warframe's music.

Not to detract from the atmosphere you're trying to create, I just prefer my own sounds. However, I can still hear Warframe's music in the background.

The only thread I can find was archived some time ago (Aug 2013: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/93044-cannot-disable-music-completely/)

Did this ever happen? Is there a setting to fully disable music in the ee.cfg file?

Sound.EnableMusic=0 or something?

This is a known issue that we are still looking into.  If you simply don't want to hear music but have all the other sliders fully set to 100% then the low level music should be masked by other sounds.  If, however, you want to mute all game sounds then I would suggest setting the Master Volume to 0%, instead of each slider individually.

This is a known issue that we are still looking into.  If you simply don't want to hear music but have all the other sliders fully set to 100% then the low level music should be masked by other sounds.  If, however, you want to mute all game sounds then I would suggest setting the Master Volume to 0%, instead of each slider individually.

As of 15.2.0, I had Master on 0% and everything else on 50%. Playing fullscreen, 1280x800. Could still hear the music (softly) until I manually lowered it to 0% as well.

Is there any further information I can give you? Sadly, I already don't have the EE.log.

Will attempt to rep in 15.2.1 later/tomorrow, as possible.

Edited by Chroia

Could we have on/off buttons or even an input to enter a custom percentage in the range of 100% - 0%?

Yeah that doesn't work i turn off all my bars and you can still softly hear all the sounds.

As of 15.2.0, I had Master on 0% and everything else on 50%. Playing fullscreen, 1280x800. Could still hear the music (softly) until I manually lowered it to 0% as well.

Is there any further information I can give you? Sadly, I already don't have the EE.log.

Will attempt to rep in 15.2.1 later/tomorrow, as possible.

Yup, reproduced. Edited by Chroia

As is you just can't click it to zero. In fact you never could.

GUI changes can solve this with at least three different approaches.

Enable mousewheel control over option sliders. Clearly the volume should be at zero when it can't slide any further.

Put a mute checkbox next to each volume type. Super simple stuff.

Put a numerical input next to the sliders to explicitly specify the volume you want. We can guess what zero would imply.

Regardless of the solution implemented it should not be too much to ask for to have our current audio settings also displayed as a percentage per slider.

I know from experience that doesn't work. I tried setting master volume to 0. still heard the in-game music. 

a pretty easy solution is add a physical button next to each slider which can completely mute the sound, regardless of what level the slider is at. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

we have Thursday, the 27. of November.... we have Update 15.3.0 ... but the music is still running at soundlevel 0.

Could we have hope that this issue will be fixed until Christmas? ( :-) )
I don't wanna set the soundvolume of the game and of my soundcard to zero.....

Edit: And again an update, this time 15.5... but fixed the background music-problem? No...

Seems to be so incredibly complicated and difficult, or is it because you can make no money so???

Good luck, Maxim.
Edited by MaximGorkiy