Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Archwings And The Warframes You Use With Them.

Retrikaethan

as most of us know by now, archwings take on the health/shields/armor/sprintspeed?/and some auras from the warframe you use. as is, the best option for a frame to use with the archwings is probably valkyr what with her ridiculously large base armor. i see this as a problem since the frame itself doesn't actually decide much of anything when using an archwing.

so! here is my ever so diabolical suggestion to rectify this: make the warframe you use in archwing missions affect what the abilities do. that is to say, for example, have Oberon and Elytron together, elytron's first deals radiation procs to things it hits, the second increase armor while active and have the cloud do some radiation damage, third have a heal over time within the AoE and have larger heals apply to allies hit by the randomized explosions, and finally the fourth apply a radiation proc to things hit by it and blind the rest. this kind of logic works with pretty much every frame i could think of. (could also simply have the frame apply their damage type to things, though it would be nice to get some way to heal people with archwings as well. rejuvenation doesn't count :D )

of course, doing the above suggestion as 1:1 would likely take far more effort than the problem actually merits (feel free to take that as a challenge but i like to be practical as well :D ) more simply, have each frame have an aura (specific to them) they apply to team mates and themselves (preferably in addition to whatever auras they already have). for example of oberon again, have downed team mates countdown timers last longer and/or a HoT which doesn't deactivate when taking damage like rejuvenation does, or in the case of trinity a sporadic heal proc which heals the shields/health of team mates slightly every so often. basically a buff specific to the frame for team mates and yourself which gives reason to use one frame over another without immediately defaulting to the ones with the most shields/hp/armor.

so those are my ideas on this, i'd like to see what everyone else thinks of this little tidbit of disparity (that frame choice doesn't really matter when using an archwing).

Zephyr > Valkyr because health doesn't naturally regenerate.

comes with a nice Rejuvination aura slot too.

Rhino/Frost is also a viable option because of their high shield and armor and a good chunk of health

except in neither case is any of that specific to the frame itself, you can put rejuv on anyone and rhino/frost aren't the only frames with good shield/hp/armor.

Comparing inheritable statistics at rank 30 before mods:

Speed

AV Rhino Prime 1.25
Loki (Prime) 1.25
Zephyr 1.15
Valkyr 1.10

Shields
AV Rhino Prime 450
Zephyr 450
Loki (Prime) 225
Valkyr 150

Effective Health = Shields + Health / (1 - ArmorReduction)

Valkyr 1050

AV Rhino Prime 940

Zephyr 922.5

Loki (Prime) 498.75

Conclusions

Arcane Vanguard Rhino Prime has both speed and shields while Valkyr can survive the largest hits. For individuals without the Arcane Vanguard helmet, Zephyr and Rhino Prime with a stat free helm are good alternatives in speed and durability, respectively. Loki (Prime) can be substituted for speed runs, but has too little durability for serious combat.

All other frames are mathematically inferior for any form of Archwing content. I dislike being able to say that.

Comparing inheritable statistics at rank 30 before mods:

You appear to have forgotten Frost (as well as its Prime variant and standard Rhino), whose stats are identical to Rhino Prime's bar a minor speed difference (though you verbally lump him in with "all other frames are mathematically inferior"), but you otherwise got the point across.

Edited by Archwizard

+1 OP

anything that makes the frame interact with the archwing more

atm archwing suffers from incredibly one-dimensional frame and mod "choices"

since archwing takes so little from frame stats and mods, there is basically no choice, thus why even have them interact at all?

im pretty disappointed with the way in which archwing uses so little from the frames and their mods =/ (i was hoping for more of a kubrow mod type of thing, with percentage gains based on the core build)

You appear to have forgotten Frost (as well as its Prime variant and standard Rhino), whose stats are identical to Rhino Prime's bar a minor speed difference (though you verbally lump him in with "all other frames are mathematically inferior"), but you otherwise got the point across.

Yep, that's why I was so specific in distinguishing Arcane Vanguard Rhino Prime from stat free helmet Rhino Prime in every instance -- it's a free, stackable r9 Hyperion Thrusters.

Edited by FourThoughts

Conclusions

Arcane Vanguard Rhino Prime has both speed and shields while Valkyr can survive the largest hits. For individuals without the Arcane Vanguard helmet, Zephyr and Rhino Prime with a stat free helm are good alternatives in speed and durability, respectively. Loki (Prime) can be substituted for speed runs, but has too little durability for serious combat.

All other frames are mathematically inferior for any form of Archwing content. I dislike being able to say that.

hence my posting this. hope de has something in the works for this and just hasnt gotten it out yet but it seems like that might not be the case.