Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows: Being In The Way And Ignoring Owner In Danger

Zareek

I love my kubrow, but 2 things bothers me.... A LOT.

1. My kubrow sometimes doesn't care if I'm being shot to near death, he will stand there and do NOTHING. This really got my attention the other day, when I went afk for 30sec to get some water. I went back and I was dead. What killed me? A prodman (John jokes aside). I used revive and the prodman started wacking me again. My kubrow was standing RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, looking at us, and did NOTHING.

This is not a 1 time thing. Kubrows AI is broken. It happens way too often that they dont react to the things they should. This really needs to be improved.

2. My kubrow keeps walking in front of me. Words can't describe how F-ing annoying that is. It blocks my weapons, abilities and view. A well trained dog in real life, ALWAYS walks BESIDE the owner or slightly behind. This isnt real life of course, but for once lets consider whats at steak.

So basically, if kubrows would become a bit more concerned about their owners health, and not stand right in front of us like a dumb meat shield that ruins everything, kubrows would be damn near perfect.

This issue in action:

Fuckoff_zps47bd400d.jpg

Peace in.

Edited by Zareek

You have my support. In a syndicate grineer mission, I got perforated by a heavy gunner hoping that my kubrow will save me... nope. I'm swiss cheese and my kubrow ground meat on the ground.

I hope they fix their AI. My Sahasha is my personal fave companion. By that I mean she is the only companion w forma given... and she has been given 3!

Edited by WarGrylls

hi,

Just recently I found out that... Not everything new that pops up is actually good enough to be used... a Kubrow, in my case, is only used to open locked lockers for me, since I still don't have Master Thief mod... And even with that usefulness on the Kubrow, despite being actually fun to see a Kubrow taller than a Grineer Bombard while standing on the back paws only, it sits so nicely in Stasis because I think it fits better like that...

... Also, I don't know what I mean with blocking view and shots because... Its too troublesome to actually use weapons against AI, that I tend to go PvP with Melee only and win... But that's another subject. If you think its too troublesome to actually use the Kubrow, do the same I did and pin it in Stasis. You'll definitely be with your mind at peace, and a lot less stressed out, at the difference... Voice of experience here so~, yeah...

You have my support. In a syndicate grineer mission, I got perforated by a heavy gunner hoping that my kubrow will save me... nope. I'm swiss cheese and my kubrow ground meat on the ground.

I hope they fix their AI. My Sahasha is my personal fave companion. By that I mean she is the only companion w forma given... and she has been given 3!

Yeah, I've given my Huras 3 so far, and will probably end with 4 or 5. I got Maul maxed, and trying to max Bite as well. So naturally I wouldn't want a mentally ill dog shielding my enemies with the body that I feed absurd amount of credits and mods to.

I agree.  My kubrow used to be my best friend, but lately . . . . 

He's constantly blocking my shots and seems disinterested in what I'm doing.  I'm so sad . . . we're just drifting apart.

But seriously, something changed in kubrow ai and they are a burden to bring with now.  Please give them some love.  And please make them a ton more aggressive.  I want a full on cujo rampage.

I've killed myself more times than I'd like to admit because my Kubrow ran directly in front of me when I fired my Penta...

Other than that, there would be times where my field of view is limited because they'd follow me in a way where the camera would zoom all the way in. Pretty annoying.

I do agree that the AI should be way more aggressive though. They're not that great in combat.

I'd personally just like to be able to shoot through companions and team mates entirely which would solve one of the issues, but the AI could really use an improvement.

2. My kubrow keeps walking in front of me. Words can't describe how F-ing annoying that is. It blocks my weapons, abilities and view. A well trained dog in real life, ALWAYS walks BESIDE the owner or slightly behind. This isnt real life of course, but for once lets consider whats at steak.

I think you mean "what's at stake".

As for your issue. I have yet to see it. My kubrow mission got bugged and I can't even use it. It says he is still incubating after almost a week and I have been looking at him sleep, bark and walk in circles. I think he will be there until he dies of old age...

After reading this, I think he will be put in stasis since he seems to be more of a problem and he is dying for real and I can't even use it (why the hell his DNA is degrading?).

I think you mean "what's at stake".

As for your issue. I have yet to see it. My kubrow mission got bugged and I can't even use it. It says he is still incubating after almost a week and I have been looking at him sleep, bark and walk in circles. I think he will be there until he dies of old age...

After reading this, I think he will be put in stasis since he seems to be more of a problem and he is dying for real and I can't even use it (why the hell his DNA is degrading?).

I wrote steak on purpose :P that's why I put a line under it to make it more obvious. Also, despite all the frustrations, I still use my Kubrow almost the entire time. The only time I use Sentinel is if I'm doing T4 defense or bosses like Lephantis or Vay Hek.

Don't worry too much about the problems they have right now, they are still ton of fun to use and improve, at least in my opinion.

I wrote steak on purpose :P that's why I put a line under it to make it more obvious. Also, despite all the frustrations, I still use my Kubrow almost the entire time. The only time I use Sentinel is if I'm doing T4 defense or bosses like Lephantis or Vay Hek.

Don't worry too much about the problems they have right now, they are still ton of fun to use and improve, at least in my opinion.

Well, the joke went entirely over my head then. :D

I still want to use my kubrow. At least to rank it up and see how it is to have one, but mine is bugged and can't use it. I can't equip it, it always says it is still incubating, which is not true. I guess I will look for a new one to try it out.

If you are still using it after all those problems, I assume there is something good to be had from them. Thanks.

Well, the joke went entirely over my head then. :D

I still want to use my kubrow. At least to rank it up and see how it is to have one, but mine is bugged and can't use it. I can't equip it, it always says it is still incubating, which is not true. I guess I will look for a new one to try it out.

If you are still using it after all those problems, I assume there is something good to be had from them. Thanks.

Sure no problem. I think you should open a support ticket or makea bug report thread here on the forum. Perhaps someone else can help you.

I love my Kubrow as well and I sometimes get annoyed by its afking. I'm shooting people left and right or I'm knocked down and he just stares there and does nothing. I want my Kubrow to be as aggressive as possible at all times. I have a Raksa so of course the "Protect" precept comes before attacking, but all the other times he should be biting and hanging on enemies throats.

Also I have the smallest fatty possible so he doesn't block me that much :D

The "running in front of you" thing is insanely annoying.

But none of the AI reasons are the problems that stop me using them - I simply can't be bothered to re-level them to get enough mod capacity for all those 10 rank things. Atleast sentinels are polite enough to keep damage on the weapons ;)

That and my inability to pick between them - I love them all too much.

FrostBoundFlame obviously has limited time in the field with a kubrow.  If he had sufficient time using a ranged frame with a kubrow, he would never have posted at all.

Why do I say this?

Well, kubrows have a limited attack range, and stop randomly in a circle around their master if no enemy is in the attack range.  Thus, they stop in front of you at times blocking rifle/pistol rounds.  Being AFK has nothing to do with what the OP said.

I wonder if my kubrow is wanting to play when it sort of photo-bombs my zoomed view..

Also when the kubrow is getting shot from a distance, they dont care. Or standing in electrified water while stuck under stairs and dying .... :(

Basic commands might help here. A "heel" button to teleport it back from under the floor or behind a wall and a "seek and destroy" button to keep it active and killing within an area.