Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Greatswords?

Rynax

If anything, this is probably just an unrealistic desire. I'm not sure how well one could integrate greatswords into a game focused around constantly switching between sword/gun, but I would very much like to see one available (even if it's just a cosmetic skin with new animations). I would even be happy with it if it was a replacement for your primary weapon. I'm not trying to ask for you guys to make this into a main-stream mmo game, I just feel like I'll hate myself if i don't at least attempt to get these very stylish and classy weapons placed into the game while closed beta testing is still on-going. I understand that the Tenno are supposed to be ninja themed space warriors, but I have an unusual and unhealthy obsession with large bladed weapons that can't be satisfied with the flimsy alien curved swords that seem to be the weapons of choice of those devious Tenno. Anyone else have a similar suggestion? Maybe someone out there agrees with me? On a side note, why is the skana prime worse than the cronus? I don't want founder weapons to be overpowered, but I figure it should at least be as good as the first craftable melee weapon. Maybe the skana prime could be reworked and remodeled as a greatsword? FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I NEED SOME TWO HANDED SLASHY SLASHY... Anyways, melee weapons in general seem to require some attention. Especially the daggers, which seem somewhat useless at the moment. If the greatsword thing is completely unrealistic, don't bother thinking about it too much. This is just what I want, and unless the community randomly chimes in with some grand and glorious greatsword support, I really don't expect it to happen. Thanks for reading!

TL;DR: Big sword = me happy

(BTW SCYTHES)

Building on this idea, combi-weapons would be a nice mechanic.

For those unfamiliar, the idea is to marry a gun with a blade.

So, imagine if you had a giant sword/gun that took up the Primary and Melee slot, or a normal sword that took up the Pistol and Melee slot...for one, it's "cheaper" for newbies since they don't need to invest in mods for two weapons, or spend time leveling up both. On the other hand, it's silly and crazy.

Here are a few visual examples.

http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/complete-collection/products/kapitan-ivanka-kurganova-28mm

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/raptureruin/items/gunblade1

There are a few ideas explored here, one being two seperate items fused together, a melee weapon that can expend ammo for a stronger attack, and a weapon that can freely transform from a gun into a melee weapon.

Food for thought!

ALSO! Combos... DO WANT. I like your idea with shfiting gunblade-esque weapons. Of course, I would require something more like that Gun-scythe... Or a greatsword with a shotgun barrel in the center of the blade, parting it into two blade pieces. ...OK! Now I think we've left realism in the dust. But we can dream. We can dream...

Edited by Rynax

There should be melee system aside from bonus melee attack that's present now. Or current melee should be replaced with weapon bash/bayonet attack to make room for main melee weapons like scythes, great swords, javelins, etc. Throwing weapons like original Thenno's razor boomerang (or whatever it was called) could be nice too!

At this point game gets boring quickly in terms of combat because of only one main way to fight enemy - fill them with bullets.

As for combo weapons - please check out God Eater, a PSP game which is kind of Monster Hunter ripoff in many ways yet it proves combo weapons are actualy fun to use.

Now I think we've left realism in the dust. But we can dream. We can dream...

We're talking about a game with space zombies, heroes with supernatural powers, spacemarines using exoskeletons and robotic birds with laz0rz... which part of "realism" exactly refers to any of those? :)

Edited by Marrond

ALSO! Combos... DO WANT. I like your idea with shfiting gunblade-esque weapons. Of course, I would require something more like that Gun-scythe... Or a greatsword with a shotgun barrel in the center of the blade, parting it into two blade pieces. ...OK! Now I think we've left realism in the dust. But we can dream. We can dream...

i'd like more of that to!!....realism hammm!

if only we could have a melee system similar to dark souls.. mmm..

i think we need to fix the repetiveness of the game before we look at developing a brand new engine focused around melee combat.

although I'd love to see some of the bosses be as difficult as the ones in darksouls. that would be freaking awesome.

Yeah, greatsword are OK, seeing work of art guys so far i can trust that these will look cool and will blend nicely. But please, no gun-blades and other (Final) fantasies.

And Dark Souls combat system does not fit the fast combat we have in Warframe. Dueling with single guy for 5 minutes :/

Edited by SabreUr

if only we could have a melee system similar to dark souls.. mmm..

As nice as that may seem at first, it wouldn't fit the overall gameplay of Warframe. Dark Souls melee combat is very tactical and based on timing. A system like that wouldn't fit the fast-paced gameplay of Warframe at all. I'd rather go for a Devil May Cry or Bayonetta like melee system, or Vindictus, which uses fast combos and less blocking.

How about no?

Don't turn this into a Japanese sci-fi fantasy adventure. Keep your greatswords in fantasy or medieval RPG's.

You're saying cyborg space ninjas didn't originate from Japanese sci-fi fantasy?

Since there is already a staff weapon, a scythe shouldn't be that much harder to put in. If possible, offer it as a cosmetic variant and sell it for Plat.

Buster Swords and such would be awesome.

i would love to see more weapons types, like hammers, greatswords, axes(small and big ones), one gauntlet on one hand and in other would be small weapon like dagger, 2small like knife weapon , but they would be on long chains like in ninja blade, whip, scythe, more dual versions

I just want to go in with only a melee weapon. To much to ask? Would have certain benifits like different melee moves other than the standard and maybe the attacks would be a bit quicker.

Maybe they could put in a toggle for melee that will map the primary fire button to melee attacks, and you would constantly run around with your melee weapon out.

As for combo weapons - please check out God Eater, a PSP game which is kind of Monster Hunter ripoff in many ways yet it proves combo weapons are actualy fun to use.

I absolutely love god eater! Re-downloaded it onto my shiny (yet useless) ps vita after it was released as a psp classic in the ps store. Never really thought that weapons like the god arcs would have much of a place in warframe though :/

Thank you all for the support! Maybe we can get greatswords thrown in after all! :D