Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ability Augment Mods - Expand It To Something Much Bigger!

Azamagon

A simple thought occurred to me: The Ability Augment mods in Warframe reminds me of Diablo 3 and how you could alter a single ability in many different ways. On top of that, a lot of people want augment mods to have one or more modslots specifically for ability augment mods...

So why not have 4 modslots purely for ability augments, one for each ability, then have far more augment mods for each ability? Then we would have a much higher amount of customization than ever!

Example:

Take Mag. She would have 4 of these new modslots, 1 for Pull, 1 for Polarize Shields, 1 for Bullet Attractor and 1 for Crush.

In the Crush augment slot, she could choose one of, say, 5 different augments. These, for example (just hypothetical examples of course):

1) Clash Crush - Upon reaching the end of Crush, all enemies are slammed together in front of Mag and thus they suffer additional Impact damage based on the amount of enemies lifted.

2) Crippling Crush - After enemies are Crushed, they are left ragdolled for a while afterwards.

3) Forcefield Crush - While Crush is active, any ranged attacks shot at Mag are nullified and any enemy that enter during the cast are heavily slowed down until it finishes.

4) Railgun Crush - When Crush ends, all enemies (dead or alive) are launched where Mag aims. Enemies colliding with one another during this launch are dealt some Impact damage and are ragdolled.

5) Sadistic Crush - Crush deals its damage as normal, but it doesn't stop lifting enemies until you (de)activate it again. For as long as it remains active, enemies suffer constant additional Magnetic damage, but this also drains some additional energy over time. (Animation is altered a bit to fit this).

(EDIT: Personal note here - I think that #1 and #2 would be great baseline additions to Crush, but that's a bit off-topic)

So then you could mod it depending on how you want it. More damage based on enemies lifted? More CC on it? Make it more defensive? Give it the ability to launch the lifted enemies? Or you want to sadistically mush your enemies for a longer time? All up to you!

How you get these various augments would be up to DE. But I guess we all could agreed upon that all 4 abilities of a Warframe should have at least one of its augments to be acquirable through the Syndicates, like now.

Thoughts and opinions?

EDIT: How I imagine these augment modslots:

* You have 4 slots right away when you get your Warframe.

* Augment mods now have only ONE rank (no need to fuse them up) and cost very little modpoints to add.

* Having 3 augment mods each per ability sounds good enough (My proposed 5 was a bit ambititous). Please have a look here for a whole bunch of augment mod ideas (yup, for ALL abilities! I will update that thread frequently too when I get new ideas!)

Edited by Azamagon

I want all of them. DE pls.

In all seriousness though, it's a cool idea, but averaging 5 augments per ability would be over 400 augment mods already. It would take a year for thinking up cool ideas and implementing them properly before that could happen.

Glad you like 'em  ^^

And I'm definitely not saying that all augments need to be added at once or anything like that, of course not. It could be something added over time. And even with just 2 or 3 augments per ability, there would still be plenty of customization to choose from.

Thiking up ideas wouldn't be a problem either, implementing them on the other hand, would. Thus, as I said,  it would be something that needs time.

Speaking of Diablo 3 i miss that old feeling "DUDE this IS the PERFECT (insert item name here)" i wish DE implemented some kind of items with random stuff, something like relics, maybe those keys Vor likes so much, they could be like "amulets" with some random stats on them and would be rolled randomly on drop, something like +shields, +health, +rifle damage, +pistol damage etc etc, each "amulet" would have 3 or 4 random stats that would be different in each unique piece, to give us Veterans something fun to grind for.

I love it. I like it alot. Good. I LOVE IT.

At least, if DE can't think of ideas, I'm pretty sure the forums can ;)

Let's say for Shuriken:

Sneaky Teleport: x% chance to immediately perform a finisher attack on an enemy you teleport to, with a y% damage increase for example:

I teleport, do a manual finisher on my enemy, 5k crit damage. the augment mod activates, 7-9k crit damage

Now hopefully the new augment mods will have some use that would want you to actually use them, *cough* greedy pull *cough cough*

Nice idea. Although, would these slots be accessible from the get-go (to newbies who have nothing to do with Syndicates) or would these slots be unlocked/earned somehow?

Remembering when I first played this game, seeing that empty Aura slot every time bugged me as I can only get those through alerts/trading. Augment mods take an even longer time to get, so there's that.

Good idea.

When Argument mods were launched I wal like... Argument mod for the skana? REALLY?

Argument mod for Oberon... Give microwave powers? WHAT?

I'd like something like Frost's snowball giving freeze damage.

Nekros's soul survivor should've been like casting it on your teammate corpse because Nekros is... well... a nekromancer (idk something like that)

Good idea, but i think that those slots should be earned as some sort of ultimate customization (diamond potato??). I'm not saying that augmented mods should be restrict to late game, just the extra-specific slots.

Like UpHighDownLowTooSlow said, if the DE exploit the community for the ideas should be easy to have a large spectrum of good mods to be released over time.

I love it. I like it alot. Good. I LOVE IT.

At least, if DE can't think of ideas, I'm pretty sure the forums can ;)

Let's say for Shuriken:

Sneaky Teleport: x% chance to immediately perform a finisher attack on an enemy you teleport to, with a y% damage increase for example:

I teleport, do a manual finisher on my enemy, 5k crit damage. the augment mod activates, 7-9k crit damage

Now hopefully the new augment mods will have some use that would want you to actually use them, *cough* greedy pull *cough cough*

Haha, wow, thanks for liking it so much ^^

About giving ideas, check out this thread of mine where I have a whole bunch of augment ideas. Please feel free to add as many augment ideas to that thread as you want! :D

Nice idea. Although, would these slots be accessible from the get-go (to newbies who have nothing to do with Syndicates) or would these slots be unlocked/earned somehow?

Remembering when I first played this game, seeing that empty Aura slot every time bugged me as I can only get those through alerts/trading. Augment mods take an even longer time to get, so there's that.

Thanks ^^

I think these slots should indeed be accessible from the get-go, so the newcomers have something very cool in terms of customization to look forward to! :)

About the aura, well, I know what you mean. But the Auras need some other way of being claimed too, they are too RNG reliant. Sorta the same with all these Augment mods, but the thought was that at least ONE augment mod per ability will be attainable through the syndicates, while the others could be rare drops from bosses or upon doing some difficult achievement etc. Sure, they could all be Syndicate mods too, but that might feel a bit cluttered *shrugs*. So some acqusition variety would be nice.

Good idea, but i think that those slots should be earned as some sort of ultimate customization (diamond potato??). I'm not saying that augmented mods should be restrict to late game, just the extra-specific slots.

Like UpHighDownLowTooSlow said, if the DE exploit the community for the ideas should be easy to have a large spectrum of good mods to be released over time.

I disagreed, I think the slots should be there straight away, and DEFINITELY not behind a paywall.

And check my response to UpHighDownLowTooSlow, there is a link there to my augment mod idea/rework thread, please add your own if you have some ideas! :) The more the merrier, indeed ;)

I think it's a good idea but some warframes like Loki might not get good mods 

Thank you, but why the sadness for Loki?

OP, you've had an excellent idea. Please keep this thread alive. +1

Thank you! ^_^

Chances are this is in the long term plan already and they are just focusing on more important content like the water tile set.

Well, at the very least they have the idea of ONE augment mod per ability. I want more than just ONE per ability. Customization, yanno? ;)