Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Oberon - We're Running Behind On These Edition

GratuitousLurking

Around me, the forest sings of life, echoing of the joys of existance.

I, however, cannot return these calls, as me and my brothers in arms rush through the overgrown technology. The forest has done well in it's attempts to drive the outsiders out of it's emerald glades, but it cannot do everything.

A grinner sentry raises it's head. A arrow from my bow quickly silences it. Another turns, hearing the cracking of his squadmate's skull, only for the Ash beside me to vanish from my side, blades drawn from his arms and swiftly silencing him as well. The crimson blood flows into the earth, feeding the forest with the life-giving liquids.

As our query grows closer, we explode through the brush, driving away the occasional sentry with stealth and precision. Should my aim miss, almost instantly the Loki and Ash assisting me is quick to silence the cries of terror that leave them.

To the outsider, the cruelty is unusual, almost unnatural. But truly, it is the greatest mark of nature one could ask for. Efficient predators, striking down prey in a pack with a animal instinct grown and cultivated for centuries.

The unnatural is the ones who attempt to force themselves over the food chain, breaking the natural flow. Disregarding the mighty, life-giving forest, and desecrating and poisoning it with their wretched machines and terrible, poisonous contraptions.

As we reach the terrible device, our reason for returning, a pack of Kubrows peer from their dens. Animal intelligence watches as my brothers begin the overloading process. The Loki raises his silenced rifle in preparation, but I calmly lower his weapon. With a stare, I inform him it was not worth it. It is not because we could not destroy them, but it was because we had no reason to.

The machine behind me billows smoke and fire, a dying monstrosity in it's death throws, doomed to pollute it's surroundings once more before finally growing silenced. As the alarms start to bellow and the Grineer rush from the compound around us, both us and the Kubrows stir and prepare to defend our territory.

The Grineer rushing us focuses on my brothers and the animals, both doing excellent work at proving their superiority as they rend through their foes. As more arrive from a unguarded entry, my mace swings into their skulls, bone and matter breaking like twigs under the great blows. As I  sense my allies failing, I aid them, life-giving energy transferring to them as they continue the slaughter.

Finally, the force falls, and we are left alone. A smile leaves my face as I watch the furred animals return to their dens, before I follow my own pack towards our escape.

I am the harbinger of the forest, a resolute oak against the toughest of storms.

I am Oberon.