Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tennotyper - An English To Warframe Text Translator

Clarvel

About
Inspired by fan translations and the official response, I have made an english to any of the three Warframe languages translator.

You can find it here.

How to use
Type text into the text box, then select the language to translate to.
Click the 'save' button to open a new tab with a saveable image.
The 'background' checkbox replaces the normally transparent background with white.
The 'cheatsheet' button opens a new window containing an image detailing the translation from english to the currently selected language
The 'manual override' checkbox prevents the program from trying to phonetically translate to the tenno language.
The 'bold' checkbox uses bolded corpus characters instead of the normal corpus characters.

Source

Update History
  • Nov18:    Translates the single word 'i' to 'aye'

• Jan8:      Updated letters and logic based on the official reference

Added a faint grey background to help distinguish the white background added by the background button.

Added a 'bold' option for the corpus language.

Button options now change based on the language, grineer no longer has an unused button for 'manual override' for example.

Fixed a bug in the cheatsheet new window logic that would remove all content from the cheatsheet window if the button was clicked while a cheatsheet window was already open.

• Dec21:      Fixed letter spacing after 'r' and cases where the second consonant in a row was smaller than the first. 

Added 'j', 'q', 'x', 'z' to corpus, as per this thread.

Updated Corpus cheatsheet.
    Fixed missing visual distinction between corpus 's' and 'l'

• Dec8:      Fixed clipping issue with some vowels introduced when changing image format for IE fix.
  • Dec1:      Fixed saving taint issue when using Internet Explorer.
  • Nov30:      Added checkbox to toggle program automatically guessing phonetic translation. Added cheatsheet button to open language specific reference sheet in new window/tab.
  • Nov26:      tenno: fixed 'the', 'you', words ending in 'tion'. grineer: added rule 'q' -> 'k'. Added optional white background button.
  • Nov26:      Initial Release

Bugs
Tenno: program's translations do not match all examples shown here.
Doesn't handle certain words like 'magi', because I don't know how to differentiate it from words like 'mini'. 
Edited by Clarvel
updated sourcecode
  • Like 3

mjss5u.png

It says: "Thank you for this Tenno Typer"

51rejc.png

this one means " I like Pizza"

you know what bugs me though... the grineer have the twin queens yet their alphabet doesnt include Q? so how do they say glory to the ?ueens?

wut?

I think the correct spelling would be "thaenk eeooh for dhis teno tayepur"

The Grineer could be using the "K" sound like the Tenno. "Kueens"

Edited by Kethus

yea, well the tenno alphabet must have used a phonetic typing or whatever i can still understand them, but i think ppl are already typing like that

"dhis bootay be gud" or "eyy guuurl" or something

Kueens, eh? ... 

Edited by JameSPYder

Oh, I meant to fix the way it does 'you' to tenno, thanks for reminder, fixed.

That could work, I just went off the cheat sheets on the wiki.

Updated the Warframe logo to new graphic, now tenno spells 'you', 'the', and words ending in 'tion' the same as official examples. Grineer 'q' now translates to 'k'.

Edited by Clarvel

This tool is great, so far it's the only one that places vowels/accents diagonally and you also don't need to install anything to write or view it. I do have a couple of suggestions/feedback though:

All consonants in the tennobet are aligned from the top. In your case the letters for 'h', 'l', 'm', and 'n' are lower than the rest.

Tennobet2.jpg

Vowels/accents are closer together and in general, notice how they are often touching the consonants.

Tennobet1.jpg

I suggest putting the cheat sheet somewhere and have users refer to it when typing, instead of trying to make the app do it for them, because the English language makes no sense and it will probably take you months to take everything into account. Also because of this I can't find a way to type 'ch' as a part of a word. And if you include dashes and dots or other symbols the custom words you have for "you" and "the" return to how they used to be.

videos don't appear for me, so here are links:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYRCaD4Izg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKYRCaD4Izg

Edited by Kethus

Bugs
Tenno: program's translations do not match all examples shown here.
Grineer: missing characters for 'q' and 'x'.
Corpus: missing characters for 'j', 'x', 'z', and all numbers.

Fantastic work!  It's pretty awesome to see Tenno script used in such a fun and accessible way.  Let's see what we can do to help shine some light on those missing characters.