Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xeros, The Subjugator Of The Sands

(PSN)SaviorsBlood

Just the other day I thought the desert Frame concept was a new one. I was wrong and quickly realized he's a somewhat popular Frame request. Even so, I'm going to take a crack at this. I'll leave it in the hands of the community and DE as its judges. Xeros is Greek for "dry", by the way and "xero-" is a popularly used prefix denoting "dry".

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xeros (or Xero, take your pick), a male Warframe (Xera if it was to be developed as a female), takes control of the sands' desolation and ruin in battle. By utilizing the desert's various forms of overwhelming influence, Xeros' presence on the field becomes that of a heavily based support/utility Frame with some offensive capabilities.

Initial Warframe Stats - Health: 150.   Shields: 75.   Energy: 100.   Armor: 65.   Stamina: 100.   Sprint Speed: 1.1.   Default Polarities: Naramon x1 (Aura Slot), Vazarin x1, Madurai x1.

Dehydrate: Xeros drains all moisture from a localized target area, resulting in affected hostiles undergoing damage over time and falling victim to a mirage that confuses them into thinking their allies are the Tenno, causing infighting to occur for a period of time.

Energy Cost: 25. Power Strength: 100/150/225/325 damage over 6 seconds. Duration: 10/14/18/22 seconds. Cast Range: 10/12/16/22 meters. Affected Targets: 2/3/5/8. Cast Time: ~0.75 seconds

Quicksand: Just as the name implies, Xeros engulfs his enemies in a pool of quicksand cast on a target area that damages caught enemies over time and swallows them up, stopping their movement altogether for the duration.

Energy Cost: 50. Power Strength: 80/100/120/150 damage over 10 seconds. Duration: 20 seconds. Cast Range: 4/5/7/10 meters. Cast Time: ~1.5 seconds.

Sandstorm: Xeros calls upon a wave of sand that deals high initial impact damage and disorients enemies, causing blindness, reduced hostile armor, and decreases damage dealt from affected enemies.

Energy Cost: 75. Power Strength: 150/200/275/375 damage on impact. Duration: 15/18/21/24 seconds. Cast Range: 6/8/10/12 meters. Radius: 10 meters. Enemy Armor Reduction: 10/15/20/30%. Damage Reduction: 20%. Cast Time: ~2 seconds.

Solar Blast: Even more than the sands themselves are under the control of Xeros' hand. Summon the power of the desert's unforgiving sun itself to incinerate a large target area with a devastating solar blast. Surviving enemies are stunned and subjected to a short damage over time.

Energy Cost: 100. Power Strength: 600/700/850/1000 damage on impact with 100/150/200/250 Heat damage over 4 seconds after cast. Duration: Instantaneous (Stun and Heat DoT last a constant 4 seconds after blast). Cast Range: Xeros at epicenter. Radius: 15 meters. Cast Time: ~2.25 seconds.

I imagined Xeros' appearance would look rather rugged. His apparel is tattered and worn. His body has a dark scorched appearance, yet his armor appears rough and calloused. The equivalent of the Warframe cloth (think the syandanas or appearance of Frost's loose cloak/jacket) would enclose his face and neck, as if protecting himself from the sand and sun; aside from that, in order to appear very mobile, his armor would be close-fitting. Like Nekros, his body would appear rather thin, but bear the likeness of an agile survivor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's about it. Tell me what you guys think. I know there have been other desert themed Warframe concepts, but I hope this one earns its place among the various concepts preceding it. Of course, I'm no game developer, so assuming some of these stats required a little adjustment, I would be completely fine with that. I am an artist, but I haven't drawn in so long (not to mention, I can't seem to get myself to sit down and draw anyway), I decided I would just leave the description for Xeros' appearance. But assuming I ever sit down and throw around some ideas for this Warframe, I'll be sure to post them here.

Edited by (PS4)SaviorsBlood

While I've dabbled with LoL some in the past (never played Dota), I wasn't necessarily trying to pull any inspiration from it. At least, that wasn't my intention if I managed to create a character that resembled one of those games' characters. I just tried thinking of fitting abilities that could revolve around a desert themed Frame. But thank you very much for your review regardless. What LoL or Dota Champion were you thinking of by the way? I'm curious.