Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Glaive - Platinum

Steesh

This is crap, I wanted the Glaive, can't they make a alert just now?

PS: First weapon available for plat in shop but bp not available in shop.

Add a 0 to the -10 please. To make it -100, atleast I'll have a record.

Edited by Gryphticon

How are we meant to know if they're planning to release it for credits or not?

Wait for DE to let us know.

If they don't release the BP for credits, my guess would be that it's an alert mission BP.

*edit*

Ninja'd by DERebecca. :(

Edited by miniKAD

What would a glaive-guisarme take on this sort of glave be?

(nothing like classic D&D to teach a budding nerd about polearms)

Also, with a dev team that does a founder program, it wouldn't be unexpected to get a few alert missions go past in the next 24 hours that drops a glaive BP, for the 'early bird' players.

Edited by Chtulie

I really do like the look of the glaive and can't wait for that alert to come around so I can tinker with it. Hearing about it bouncing off of walls and slicing things sounds SHAWEET.

On another note... I do think it is very sly of DE to make such a hyped up weapon both ? alert and plat cash shop. I'm not bashing them for their decision as it will generate some income as it is a whole new type of weapon, however i feel DE may be about to witness a new wave of complaints from  f2p players who for some warped reason see this game as pay to gain.

Props on design though, I'm now feverishly waiting for someone to post a video on youtube of it as my computer is too old to run warframe right now...

To be honest, I would be entirely fine with this if they had announced that it would be ? alert reward only from the get go (i.e when they mentioned it in the Livestream). By mentioning it there without saying it would not be immediately available, people were anticipating being able to get to use what looked like an awesome weapon within 12 hours of it being released. I'm sure there were many excited fans that grinded up all the resources they thought might be necessary, only to be disappointed now. Sadly, not everyone can immediately drop money on the game - I personally would be more than happy to drop my existing platinum on Glaives for a one or two people, and it's a pity that can't be done.

I think it's okay for a weapon to be a ? alert reward, but considering the excitement, it might have been more prudent to tell us about it right off the bat. Still, I suppose it is ultimately their decision.

I can't believe all the crying over "WHY ISNT EVERYTHING IN THIS GAME FREE! I WANT IT

NOW BECAUSE I DON'T WANT TO PAY TEN DOLLARS TO A GAME I ENJOY SO MUCH THAT IF I CAN'T HAVE A SINGLE WEAPON FOR FREE I BREAK DOWN AND HAVE A TANTRUM"

Omfg support the developers you stingy feths

If the Glaive remains on the state it currently is, at least when compared to the other melee weapons more easely acquired than it... i think tears shall make a river when people grab the BP or the Plat to get their hands on it (or actually it on their hands).

The Glaive is very basic at its current iteration. Not only it's not OP, it's not even worth replacing a Scindo or Fragor with.

Edited by Renan.Ruivo

I just bought this with platinum, had to top up 75 plat to buy this, but I'm an original Dark Sector vet.

I had to have it. However, I'm seeing some issues: Being European (Dutch) with an awesome connection, in my american friend's game, it has a tendency to bounce off enemies without so much as a damage message. So that's either a latency or a hitbox issue. It feels -slightly- too bouncy or lacks significant momentum to push through an enemy, I'd love for it to slice through an enemy on a kill and hit the next one, perhaps with halved damage on each enemy, but that might be OP. Right now I'd settle for better hit detection to make this more worthwhile. 

Amusingly, if you want a better experience closer to the original Dark Sector, Volt has the Shield and Speed, Ash and Loki have invisibility. 

Edit: Note that my abilities or guns have no real issues with hit detection in friend's games, and rarely melee weapons, so I'm putting this down to Latency and hitbox issues. Perhaps make the bounce-hitbox smaller than the actual -damage- hitbox.

Edited by PulseNeon

Omfg support the developers you stingy feths

Well i've gave them 20$ already. And i'm sorry, but i kinda &!$$ed off right now.

I liked the original DarkSector to the point when i've completed it on brutal difficulty.

And now i'm forced to either pay additional ten bucks or sit and wait until it pop up in an alert mission (wich is who the hell know when is gonna happen)? I'm not fine with that. Their business decisions are starting to get shadier, mark my words.

Edited by Biomechanoid

@ the people who are complaining about paying for the glavie.

If you really haven't paid attention, every new weapon they release is always platinum or alert bp, this is nothing new.

If you have a problem with it, you should of complained 10 updates back.

@ the people who are complaining about paying for the glavie.

If you really haven't paid attention, every new weapon they release is always platinum or alert bp, this is nothing new.

If you have a problem with it, you should of complained 10 updates back.

Wait what?

All the other new weapons released have always been available on the market, the only platinum/alert item that exists that I know of is the Heat Dagger.

Wait what?

All the other new weapons released have always been available on the market, the only platinum/alert item that exists that I know of is the Heat Dagger.

I think he meant new weapon type but that wasnt point when paris and fangs came out.