Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Chat Bugs/flaws

Hotshot0507

1# If you move and resize the chat window to something more comfortable the window will often reset itself to the small tiny window at the bottom left of the screen after each game. Shouldn’t the position and window size always stay to the settings the user set?

2# Another weird issue I’ve noticed that may be related: a few times the chat window automatically moves when I open it up after a game... So if I resize the chat window to be bigger and better size (more width and height), play a game, open the chat window again, it will go back to the same small size, but *sometimes* the game will auto move it to the right, as if the game puts the right side of this small chat window where the right side of the big chat window was thereby having a gap at the left of the chat window....

3# Another bug (or design flaw?) I’ve noticed with the chat: Sometimes I will start typing something, then I will decide against inputting it so I will hit 'esc', then later when I go to chat it will still have the old chat text I typed but cancelled out of. Forcing me to either manually deleting it, or forgetting it’s there and causing confusing to my squad when I got two text mashed together.

4# While another ‘flaw’ is how if you right click on a user in the chat (lets say recruiting channel) to whisper it will sometimes auto scroll as you right click your mouse, so you will whisper the wrong person… Or sometimes you will have right clicked on the right person, but it scrolled fractions of a second after, so you won’t know who you right clicked until you click on ‘talk’. This can be fixed by having this person’s name in that box, or even stop scrolling when you put your mouse over a person’s name. This issue is more of a design flaw then a bug, but figured id throw it in here along with the rest of the chat bugs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Can an admin comment on these?

Its rather annoying how after each game I need to resize the chat.... and how after most drag and drop resizes it auto closes the chat (bug 5). These two annoyances together are rather annoying.

Between this and the radio, its by far the two biggest common hindrances to having fun relaxing time playing this game.

If you aren't trying to find a quiet spot on your ship, you are fighting the bad chat UI.