Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept That I Can't Get Out Of My Head

neaubee

Ok. So we're space ninjas, right? With all this spaciness and planets and stuff, it's weird that we haven't had a frame based around gravity. Amirite?

So I was pondering during work hours because I have nothing else better to do and came up with a Warframe that has gravity-like abilities and I wanna share my thoughts with you guys.

Introducing... Newton!

During an excavation in Jupiter conducted by the Corpus, a recently discovered area had a fluctuating gravitational force causing different incidents like all digging equipment are suddenly pulled in and crushed by an invisible force. Space debris are unusually attracted to the area making falling meteors and comets a frequent sight in the dig... site. In the moments that the gravitational force is normal, they would try to send a search team to find out the cause but they would end up floating away as if there was no gravity. Through the greedy efforts of the Corpus, they have found a way to unearth the unexplained source of fluctuations and lo and behold, a Warframe in the midst awakening was found! And stuff...

Ok my lore sucks, I'm not that good with storytelling.

Moving on to the abilities!

First ability is Graviton Bomb, Newton targets an enemy and increases it's gravity enough to attract debris and causing Impact damage to the enemy and the area around it.

Next will be Planetary Attraction, Newton aligns his gravitational power with the planet causing him to have decreased gravity and in turn causes enemies in a radius around him to fall flat on the ground and take damage while being unable to move for the duration of the ability or until Newton is far enough for them to be unaffected.

Thirdly, Mass Convergence, Newton empowers his own gravity increasing his armor density and causes all bullets and projectiles to go towards him in a set radius. This is more of a support skill, you're gonna tank the damage for your team.

And for the last one, Orbital Discharge, Newton overcharges his gravity engine causing a wild fluctuation of gravity around him picking up enemies and spinning them around him for as long as the ability is charged and releases them so fiercely they take damage and also damages others that come in contact with the flung enemies.

Now that I got that out of my head, I'll continue playing now. Share your thoughts. :D

Ok. So we're space ninjas, right? With all this spaciness and planets and stuff, it's weird that we haven't had a frame based around gravity. Amirite?

urite.

+1

Just finished reading, great concept! But...

This is a gravity frame. Pretty out of the ordinary. Pretty unique. And the powers could reflect on that more :D

Let's go all out on the powers. No need to just re-brand the powers from other frames!

Graviton Bomb is cool, great idea! 

Planetary Attraction should be all utility. Your description makes it seem it bit too much like Hydroid's puddle, and I think it could be spiced up! It should be re-done and renamed (im not good with names) to something like "Zero Gravity". My idea for this is that it would decrease the gravity for  all enemies in a certain radius, causing them all to float up as if there were no gravity, and there could even be a chance for them to lose their weapons.

Mass Convergence should also be re-done, unless of course this frame could should be a tanky frame, which it very well could. My idea is something where Newton could like go into his own gravity-manipulating mode and have increased jump height, running speed and what-not. Could be called "Gravity Manipulate (or something along those lines - told you I'm not good with names xD) 

And finally, 

Orbital discharge. I think this should be redone also, since my proposed planetary discharge would kind of overlap with it, in a way. Also, this seems a bit like Hydroid's 4th ability.

So, I propose that this ability be renamed to something along the lines of "Gravitational Increase". Probably not that bland, but ya get the point. I think this ability should massively increase gravity for all enemies in a radius around you, immediately crushing them into the ground and (hopefully) killing them. This would synergize well with Zero Gravity I think, because it could have like a cool lifting up, then smashing down effect. 

Great idea!

Edited by Jahadaya

Mag would have to get less conceptually ambiguous abilities first. 

I thought about that too so I based his skills around him being the center of mostly everything. Like a planet.

Number 3 skill, worse than useless past level 30ish or 40ish.

Meh, I got nothing else. You could always attract the enemies and stay in cover so your other squishy teammates won't have to die.

A tad bit of input here, young chap.

For Mass Convergence, Newton should have damage dealt to him bulk his armor value up. This should hopefully keep it useful even during high level defense. However the buff should dissapate once the ability is deactivated (assuming your talking about a toggle ability) to keep it somewhat balanced.

Orbital Discharge should be renamed to Centrifugal Acceleration :E

But dat's just me opinion m8y.

Edited by DarknightK

A tad bit of input here, young chap.

For Mass Convergence, Newton should have damage dealt to him bulk his armor value up. This should hopefully keep it useful even during high level defense. However the buff should dissapate once the ability is deactivated (assuming your talking about a toggle ability) to keep it somewhat balanced.

Orbital Discharge should be renamed to Centrifugal Acceleration :E

But dat's just me opinion m8y.

Hmm, great idea on the mass convergence. It's like the projectiles layer up cause of the gravity thus increasing his armor. Like a planet.

As for Orbital Discharge, they can change the names however they like. I just went for Orbital Discharge since... well.. they orbit around you and uhm... you discharge them. Iunno. I have a weird naming sense.

urite.

+1

Just finished reading, great concept! But...

This is a gravity frame. Pretty out of the ordinary. Pretty unique. And the powers could reflect on that more :D

Let's go all out on the powers. No need to just re-brand the powers from other frames!

Graviton Bomb is cool, great idea! 

Planetary Attraction should be all utility. Your description makes it seem it bit too much like Hydroid's puddle, and I think it could be spiced up! It should be re-done and renamed (im not good with names) to something like "Zero Gravity". My idea for this is that it would decrease the gravity for  all enemies in a certain radius, causing them all to float up as if there were no gravity, and there could even be a chance for them to lose their weapons.

Mass Convergence should also be re-done, unless of course this frame could should be a tanky frame, which it very well could. My idea is something where Newton could like go into his own gravity-manipulating mode and have increased jump height, running speed and what-not. Could be called "Gravity Manipulate (or something along those lines - told you I'm not good with names xD) 

And finally, 

Orbital discharge. I think this should be redone also, since my proposed planetary discharge would kind of overlap with it, in a way. Also, this seems a bit like Hydroid's 4th ability.

So, I propose that this ability be renamed to something along the lines of "Gravitational Increase". Probably not that bland, but ya get the point. I think this ability should massively increase gravity for all enemies in a radius around you, immediately crushing them into the ground and (hopefully) killing them. This would synergize well with Zero Gravity I think, because it could have like a cool lifting up, then smashing down effect. 

Great idea!

Great concepts! Honestly, I just want a gravity frame. It's because I noticed it earlier that we don't have it yet and it like gave me OCD. We NEED a gravity frame.

Edited by neaubee

this is quite interesting and actually might work in game.

but the name is a bit.... not warframey enough? i dunno

maybe dignitas? half of the warframe mostly use latin or greek words, so why not this one? 

βαρύτητα=varýti̱ta to varytite? sounds like a material for crafting 

we need a better name lol

Hey, they used Vauban. A French engineer. Why not use an iconic name for gravity? Just saying. ;)