Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faction Syndicates

Oates_

I'll put this into the fan concept section in the hope that no one will see it. :P

As the title suggests, Syndicates offer great potential to warframe. In this post, I will be fleshing out one of the ideas which I suggested in a feedback thread a few weeks ago.

Link to that thread here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/336717-syndicates-some-feedback-conjecture-and-suggestions/#entry3773279

We often like to believe that our enemies are united if they stand behind a single banner. This is not often the case.

Faction Syndicates are syndicates that fall within the jurisdiction of the Grineer and Corpus governments. For this concept I have assigned four syndicates to both factions, but I have organized the power structures differently to reflect the differences between the Grineer and Corpus.

Here's a quick diagram of the concept, and then I will explain.

Q679ym9.png

The four Grineer factions are labelled Kweens, Alpha, Beta, and Gamma. Steel Meridian acts outside of the Grineer and therefore for the purpose of this diagram is not a Grineer faction.

The four Corpus factions are the Priests, Executives, Bulls, and Bears. Like Steel M, the Perrin Sequence is not considered Corpus in this diagram.

On the Grineer side of things, it is clear that all Grineer answer to the Queens. The thickness of the connecting lines between the three lesser Grineer Syndicates and the Queens' Syndicate indicate the levels of favoritism shown. The bulk of the Queens' affection and support are given to Alpha, while Beta follows in a relatively close second. Gamma is less favored.

Also on the Grineer side, you may notice that the three lesser Grineer Syndicates are in conflict. (red lines) They all want the support of the Queens, and thus they will antagonize one another if it means they get to be 'favorite'.

Alpha is the favorite of the Queens, and they therefore receive the lion's share of Grineer tech and armaments.

Beta wants to be 'top dog' also, so much so that they have negotiated with a Corpus Syndicate for tech that they hope will give them the edge and eventually the majority of the Queen's support.

Gamma doesn't have much support from the Queens, and not enough resources to trade substantially with the Corpus. They are so desperate that they may even be willing to recruit Tenno to their cause if it will help them defeat the larger Grineer Syndicates.

The power structure of the Corpus is far more political than the Grineer. Instead of a single ruling Syndicate, power in the Corpus sways between two Syndicates: The Priests, and the Executives.

Out of necessity, they have a tenuous agreement to ensure that those two Syndicates retain control over the rest of the Corpus, but in their alliances with the lesser Corpus Syndicates, their true loyalties bear fruit.

I chose to label the Bears and Bulls as such not because of a firm belief in buying or selling, but to emphasize the disparate nature of their relationship.

Thus, the conflict of the Corpus is a fundamental one, and will never be fully resolved. How convenient. :)

Even if players did not have the ability to join any of these Syndicates, it would still add substantial meaning to the enemies we kill. With knowledge of an enemy's loyalties comes a knowledge of their beliefs, and through that a layer of immersion.

But suppose we could join them...

Gamma Grineer may be appreciative of the support, but Alpha and Beta will be angered. The Queens are not likely to be impressed by anything done by a Gamma, and therefore it will take the player a long time to acquire any standing with them.

Indeed, joining the Queens' Syndicate is not a common occurrence, even for a Grineer. For a Tenno to do so would require multiple acts of incredible dedication and skill. (could make those event leaderboards more competitive.)

For either Grineer or Corpus, the initial acceptance would be done through contacts in Steel Meridian or Perrin Sequence as the Tenno are not known for being allied directly with any faction but their own.

The rewards for reputation with a faction could be extremely significant, on the order of a customized faction warframe. (4 Syndicates per faction, one part per Syndicate).

But that's enough theory crafting for now. If you read through this entire jumble of concept, thank you for your time.

Edited by Oates_

seems cool but would it seems like it may be too big of a system to implement given its far reaching consequences and relationships. In my mind to give this concept a satisfying realization you would almost have to have a large even for each faction, if not each "minor faction" alpha beta etc. In which you are introduced to the leaders of each minor faction and are given a choice to fight with them and develop more relationships. This would be really cools as you could begin to link syndicates to the gradivus dilemma type interaction and invasions could become more special and interesting!

As I write my idea has changed somewhat it seems more reasonable now and actually through an event or two we could have a really nice expansion of lore and inter connectivity of the solar system and factions

This would be really cools as you could begin to link syndicates to the gradivus dilemma type interaction and invasions could become more special and interesting!

Yeah, the idea of Intra-faction invasions certainly crossed my mind as Faction Syndicates would try to take one another's territory. I had never considered that possibility for the current Syndicates. Perhaps some Syndicates would give standing based on who you supported in invasion missions.