Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Euology For Hek.

OriKlein

My dear old friend. I shall miss thee greatly.

You were such a lovely spirit. Always lighting up the place with blazes of red and shades of yellow-orange.

You possessed such finesse, elegance and dedication.

Although your magazine came up short and somewhat lacking in its number of rounds you always compensated with high fidelity, professional performance and precise impact.

Never have you let me down, whether it was a charger gnawing at my ankles or an ancient toxic dashing in across the hall, without fail you would perform your duty faithfully and hail upon them with a protective wrath only a mother would know.

However, I have failed you. I have betrayed your trust. For all your loyalty, I must now discard you down onto the cold Earth where you shall crumble to dust.
For I did not keep my vigilance. I did not watch. Our relationship was one sided and our love meant not to last.

The whiners came and they QQ'd. As is so oft to happen and has in many games before, their voices were the loudest but I heard them not until it was too late to shelter you from their roar.

Mad with envy, blind with hate, instead of sharing your joy and seeking aid for enhancing their own, in misery they turned and sought to have you nerfed.

Now you lie in shambles before me. A broken piece. A devastated wreck.

For you are now to me obsolete. Thus by another you shall be replaced.
They say all love is unrequited and that all men are traitorous scum. Be it a cliché or truth, our song for now be done.
Fare thee well. Until destiny see it fit for us to reunite. For the time being, let us reminisce of past delights.

Just level a Glaive, with the current damage it outperforms the Hek for Single Target Damage out to 30 Meters, Shotguns were NEVER meant to be sniper Rifles, and it still down full damage up close so your Statement on Chargers and Ancients holds true.

Fluffanutter

They might have overnerfed Shotguns slightly but the weapon isn't useless. Hek is still usable - the fall off is just a bit too steep. That is easy to work with though.

They could always consider adding a Rare Shotgun mod that has +% Range that pushes the fall off wall backwards. Then you could spend some Energy Point on the weapon to get a more suitable range. To be honest, they probably should have rolled something like that out with the nerf. It makes a lot of sense.

What do you plan to replace it with? :P

An empty slot. I guess?

I put my best rifle mods on the sentinel and it does a better job than the HEK (tested DPS versus a level 30 ancient toxic, at same range).

Boltor is not really that useful, due to high inaccuracy at long ranges, and expends its ammo too fast. It's funny as a Call of Gears of Warframe Cover Duty style rifle that goes "TRRRRR" spray 'n pray while you run and gun. But that's about it.

I have LEX for a sidearm, Fragor or Scindo for melee and whatever abilities from the warframe of the moment.

Doesn't matter what weapon I put in the primary slot, it is of no use or necessity. So...perhaps a Paris, for when I feel bored and want to troll mobs or Snipetron incase I have a really far shot to make and hard to reach otherwise!?

Edited by OriKlein

Just level a Glaive, with the current damage it outperforms the Hek for Single Target Damage out to 30 Meters, Shotguns were NEVER meant to be sniper Rifles, and it still down full damage up close so your Statement on Chargers and Ancients holds true.

Fluffanutter

I agree with this.

its a shotgun ffs. I still use mine. It still hits hard as hell and is still incredibly effective. Man up.

Edit: for clarity

Edited by TheWonderMedic

An empty slot. I guess?

I put my best rifle mods on the sentinel and it does a better job than the HEK (tested DPS versus a level 30 ancient toxic, at same range).

Boltor is not really that useful, due to high inaccuracy at long ranges, and expends its ammo too fast. It's funny as a Call of Gears of Warframe Cover Duty style rifle that goes "TRRRRR" spray 'n pray while you run and gun. But that's about it.

I have LEX for a sidearm, Fragor or Scindo for melee and whatever abilities from the warframe of the moment.

Doesn't matter what weapon I put in the primary slot, it is of no use or necessity. So...perhaps a Paris, for when I feel bored and want to troll mobs or Snipetron incase I have a really far shot to make and hard to reach otherwise!?

I call bullS#&$. All they did was add damage fall off. The Hek is still a power house in it's effective range. Just ran the lv 55 grineer alert with a friend using the Hek and he had no problem. The damage numbers did not change, all they did was make it so you have to get closer. So you obviously don't know what you're doing.

Be thankfully of parts of this great community.Its not the fault of the weapon or the game or the Devs nonono.Some parts of the "great" Community wanted that Nerf,because they need nerfs for a "balance" in a Coop game.Hmmm.Crazy.

Thats the new generation,the new player of onlinegames.The new elitist people.

Crazy in games like L4D wasnt that ever a point.I think the guys who complaining about nerfs was small kids at this time.No one cried this time about Shotgun Nerfs etc etc etc.

But now the elitist people are here,that play games for 1-4 years and are so experienced.These guys know everything about "balance" Hahahaha.Balance in a Coop game.You can watch this in EVERY game.

Read this :

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/13/call-of-duty-red-orchestra-2-interview/

Its absolutely true.You can only get tired these times of this elitist guys who complain about every weapon every character about everything.Sad is the companies bend these "costumers" these days.Why these guys dont make their own game and stop destroying games from another people?

Greetings

Edited by K0bra

My dear old friend. I shall miss thee greatly.

You were such a lovely spirit. Always lighting up the place with blazes of red and shades of yellow-orange.

You possessed such finesse, elegance and dedication.

Although your magazine came up short and somewhat lacking in its number of rounds you always compensated with high fidelity, professional performance and precise impact.

Never have you let me down, whether it was a charger gnawing at my ankles or an ancient toxic dashing in across the hall, without fail you would perform your duty faithfully and hail upon them with a protective wrath only a mother would know.

However, I have failed you. I have betrayed your trust. For all your loyalty, I must now discard you down onto the cold Earth where you shall crumble to dust.

For I did not keep my vigilance. I did not watch. Our relationship was one sided and our love meant not to last.

The whiners came and they QQ'd. As is so oft to happen and has in many games before, their voices were the loudest but I heard them not until it was too late to shelter you from their roar.

Mad with envy, blind with hate, instead of sharing your joy and seeking aid for enhancing their own, in misery they turned and sought to have you nerfed.

Now you lie in shambles before me. A broken piece. A devastated wreck.

For you are now to me obsolete. Thus by another you shall be replaced.

They say all love is unrequited and that all men are traitorous scum. Be it a cliché or truth, our song for now be done.

Fare thee well. Until destiny see it fit for us to reunite. For the time being, let us reminisce of past delights.

How depressing Lul I was about to craft it too. :((

I still use mine,and performs at the same way at close range,even against lvl 40+ mobs(aim for the head and all non heavy units are dead in one sweet shot) no matter the faction.

Was a bad nerf,instead of give a good reason for players to get mid-long range weapons they screwed a very good one.

My gorgon even full of maxed mods sucks and the Boltor just run out of ammo to fast.For mid range im using my V-Lato.its 2 shots(head shots) even 40+ grinners.

I hope they fix the Hek to keep its original purpose,be a mid range usable shotgun because an only craftable/platinum weapon tied to rank 4 without polly slots deserves a better treatment,not this crappy so called " balance fix".

I

Edited by Raijinmeister

atm i cant find a replacement, i had a gorgon but after nerf, its better to use hek, because gorgon has less accuracy than any shotgun... and often i wonder where do the bullets disappear,  i will try Paris, but as i heard its useless late game, so that might be a trunback because I often go to wave 30+ inf defense and get lvl 110+ mobs.