Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abaddon: The Frame From The Pit

Noxramus

Hey guys! Noxramus here, and after browsing through all the fan concepts, I decided to create my own Warframe Concept. And so without further ado, I present to you…

Abaddon: The Frame From the Pit

Lore: Abaddon was the last ditch effort of the Orokin to win the old war. When the sentients were at their highest power, Abaddon sacrificed himself to obliterate them. He didn’t die, though, and he’s back to wreak havoc on the universe.

Appearance: Abaddon is a dark being, as the Orokin needed something even more diabolical then the sentients.

Head: Abaddon has a dark, snarling face plate, with what seems similar to a humans face twisted beyond belief. Perched behind this is a circular crown made out of his curling horns.

Upper Body: Abaddon is of a moderate size, with a horned chest plate made of chitin. In the center, there is a dark core of swirling energy so that Abaddon can draw his powers. This core takes in void energy and corrupts it, turning it into something much more dangerous. Abaddon has armor on his arms that corresponds with the chest plate, both be covered in horns. His forearms end in clawed hands.

Lower Body: Abaddon has an extra joint in his legs (Think Satyr from Greek Mythology) and has the same chitin covering the rest of his body. His feet are much like that of a raptors, and he possesses a large, scorpion like tail emerging from his tail bone.

Abilities: 1st: 25 energy. Abaddon places a mark on an enemy. The enemy is stunned momentarily, but soon resumes as normal. This ability does minor damage, but is the major channel for his other abilities. He can mark up to 3/6/9/12 enemies, increasing with level. The mark lasts for 10/15/20/25 seconds. Abaddon gains a slight bonus when he marks enemies, as he slowly drains power from them. (Note: Slight so as not to throw off balance, like 10 or 20 hp or shields.

2nd: 50 Energy. Abaddon draws the closest marked enemy to him, before stinging him with his large tail. This does Viral/Corrosive damage, increasing with level. The enemy is stung 1/2/3/4 times, increasing with the ability’s level.

3rd: 75 Energy. Abaddon channels the corrupted void energy from his core, releasing a giant shock wave and knocking down all enemies in its radius. This does damage, and marks them, up to the number of enemies he can mark according to his first ability. They are knocked down, and are confused for a moment, as if they had been switch teleported with. If Abaddon uses this ability while more than half his maximum marks are active, the enemies are teleported to him and are swarmed with locusts (basically the swarm affect from the infested, but for your team)

4th: 100 Energy. Abaddon’s chest plate opens, and everything within a certain radius begins to be sucked in. Abaddon cannot move during this time; however it is a toggleable ability. When an enemy reaches within a small range of Abaddon, he is sucked in. Abaddon can absorb up to 2/4/6/8 enemies, increasing with the number of enemies he has marked. Abaddon then releases a radial blast attack, increasing in strength with the strength and type of enemy Abaddon had absorbed.

Let me know what you guys think! I’ll work on Abaddon more as I get some more ideas.

Edited by Noxramus

Great idea!! However Abaddon isn't cool for DotA reasons.

The reason I picked the name Abaddon is because he is the creature/deity/angel/demon (depending on who you ask) of the pit in judeo/christian mythology. Therefore, it seemed appropriate. If it does infringe on copy right however, I can rename it. Thanks for the complement by the way ^_^

The reason I picked the name Abaddon is because he is the creature/deity/angel/demon (depending on who you ask) of the pit in judeo/christian mythology. Therefore, it seemed appropriate. If it does infringe on copy right however, I can rename it. Thanks for the complement by the way ^_^

I don't think Valve can copyright the name. Ezekyle Abaddon is a super bad-&#! Chaos Space Marine in Warhammer 40k, name taken from the same source you and Valve used. But if his name is copyrighted for a game, 40k had it before DotA anyways

Great idea for a 'Frame! Great theme, all of his abilities seem useful enough, and I love the idea of giving the enemies the 'mark of the beast'. This guy needs 666 for some stat or other, like Nekros with full Redirection

However Here are some James: Schwarzschild, Hell, Darkness, Dystopia.

Also consider it to be a darker Oberon (just by the da age he deals) since a good/ light frame should come too. To keep that balance. (Utopia)

Great job however.

Edited by SabreUr
Removed certain remarks. Please refrain from using such words.

I don't think Valve can copyright the name. Ezekyle Abaddon is a super bad-! Chaos Space Marine in Warhammer 40k, name taken from the same source you and Valve used. But if his name is copyrighted for a game, 40k had it before DotA anyways

Great idea for a 'Frame! Great theme, all of his abilities seem useful enough, and I love the idea of giving the enemies the 'mark of the beast'. This guy needs 666 for some stat or other, like Nekros with full Redirection

666 Marmor / 0,7 Sprint Speed / Blick Hole Style

I don't think Valve can copyright the name. Ezekyle Abaddon is a super bad-&#! Chaos Space Marine in Warhammer 40k, name taken from the same source you and Valve used. But if his name is copyrighted for a game, 40k had it before DotA anyways

Thanks! Yeah, Abaddon heads my Chaos Marines. Surrounded with Terminators and Possessed marines.

Other Names you could consider are:

Erebos

He is the personification and deity of darkness and shadows in Greek Mythology. Also he is basically the husband of Nyx.
Also it sounds partially like Oberon, maybe since you want to give him Satyrlegs, you can make him to be the Darker Side of the Frame of balance.

Since marking enemies is not that useful compared to simply killing them, you should consider making these Marking abilities more powerful/give them AoE and Stuff. All it has to deal with is high end judgement from newer Players.
It shouldn't be too OP but it should be useful. 

Other Names you could consider are:

Erebos

He is the personification and deity of darkness and shadows in Greek Mythology. Also he is basically the husband of Nyx.

Also it sounds partially like Oberon, maybe since you want to give him Satyrlegs, you can make him to be the Darker Side of the Frame of balance.

Since marking enemies is not that useful compared to simply killing them, you should consider making these Marking abilities more powerful/give them AoE and Stuff. All it has to deal with is high end judgement from newer Players.

It shouldn't be too OP but it should be useful.

I thought about naming the frame Erebus, but then it would be to similar to Nyx. Also, the 1st ability does do slight damage, just not much. Other wise it could be over powered. The reason for this is that all of his other abilities rally off of his first. It would definitely be a frame for more advanced players (like Loki, or a good Limbo)

Also, concerning the Oberon part: Coincidental, the appearance is based off of Judeo-Christian mythology with my own spin on it. The legs aren't actually horse or goat legs, the just have a similar shape. The feet are notably different as well.

Edited by Noxramus

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

(Oh internet, forgive me for what I am about to do)

I guess he wanted those grineer...inside him.

*Takes immediate cover.*

(That aside, not a bad concept. However the lore states that the Tenno were the force that turned the tide, the first being Excalibur. So in that respect he would have been the frame deployed at the height of Sentient strength, not  your concept frame. Now SPOILERS To anyone who hasn't done the Natah Quest yet! If he was to be used as a final weapon of sorts it could be conceivable that you concept frame was created as a last ditch effort attempt. A weapon to be used only in the face of true annihilation either as a crushing blow against the enemy after the Orokin's defeat or to be used in a dire situation when the Orokin had all alternatives. What's more, what better place to find him than in the rubble of one of the Sentient dig sits on Uranus? SPOILERS END HERE!)

Nice! pretty original and balanced abilities, and the apearence sounds also pretty good. I see that all those shadow/chaos/darkness themed frames really start to get more concepts going. Who knows, maybe this will be our next frame-theme in U18. Btw, I also got commented that a name I gave to a frame concpet of mine may be problematic. I called my frame Bane, and it was nightmare themed, so people said Valve will sue DE if they use this name cuz Dota (again, seriously, this game have over 100 heroes with different names, what they expect?). So I changed it to Ruina, a name the someone suggested and that I thought would fit.