Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Meditate animation! and function?

Khriswan

It's maybe is in develoment, but i would like to say it anyway.

Well as the title say there would be cool be able to meditate during mission, and let me add somethig.

While in this meditation stance recover (in a very low rate) energy.

Tell my if you agree with me that this would add some group strategic feeling on the most challenge missions or if this would delate the progress on the action.

Sorry if something is not clear enough, Im not an english speaker.

Meditation would be cool, but the only problem is it would be hard to fin a suitable place to do it, as enemies more often than not come running around the corner. Though this could perhaps replace energy regeneration artifacts. A nice idea, and it fits with the game since your character meditates on the menu screens.

And perhaps have group meditation bonuses. The more people meditating nearby the faster your energy refills? *shrugs*

Seems a nice idea and let you use skills more often.

Enter a room masacre 20 enemies and then meditate on the middle of it like "I'm the boss here" or meditatin before a big fight can give somo little extra buuf like more speed and melee damage.

Those small rooms filled with lockers are a good place to do it too.

This can add an extra poetic feel of what Tenno are.

I think this would be a cool idea. It fits the theme of the tenno, maybe a "meditation" could be an assigned skill or item slot, with you being able to assign different meditations for different bonuses.

Someone can troll even without meditate just standing still... but I got the idea.

As Foltheon said it's a fast-paced game... but I dont think this is the only way to abord it.

Talking for my experience:

If you are doing solo it can become really hard on some missions. And with a a more advance steath features in development there are going to be plenty more oprtunities and ways to be able to acomplish those missions... I think ^^

If your are group... it would be useful adding the bonus features already tell by BananaFlashlight and Mapcom, cause this bonuses could be used as a rewarding action. If everybody take a minute to refull their energy it would let them progress even faster and more efective the mission.

As BananaFlashlight said also, this feature would be fully apreaciate if it remplace the energy regenaration artifacts, or make them a rare object that would save your life ^^.

Following this idea, would be cool adding this to to the hp as well... imagine... The health and energy orbs are becoming more and more rare as you are progresing into the highest lvls and meditate is more and more needed. jajaj ^^

What do you think guys?

Edited by Khriswan

How about the "do Meditation" defining your characteristic stats for each mission. You know something like "wooho, this is a raid mission. I need more stamina!", so you do the meditation for more stamina. It also give you a penatly in health or something. Vise versa, you would just take the role as a tank in the Team.

This aspect combined with the warframes and its modules gives the game a deeper experience.

Seems like an interesting idea, even if there isn't an explicit purpose. The game can be as fast or as slow as you want, as enemies are generally in their given areas whether you are there or not. Granted, we all usually play it pretty fast because we're super badass space ninjas and all, and stopping anywhere to do anything other than open storage containers for that brief half a second would kind of stall things (or rather, everyone else would get way way ahead of you).

Regenerating energy or health might be nice! However, other purposes seem a little outside the game type. Because this game is played in one singular session on a generated map of a fixed size rather than part of one larger map, it kind of contradicts what buffs really are, which are the mods and upgrades to your warframe. In other games, buffs and the like would be something you would acquire if you planned on temporarily doing something different. In this game, you are all doing the same thing, so any benefit you could get for free you would do by default and it would simply be a waste of everyones time in order to get the same benefit.

I think the meditation would slow down the pace of the game. Having someone simply sit on the ground and do nothing for a minute or two doesn't sound too exciting.

This.

Instead, how about rewarding skillful play with energy regen, so you get a small smount back for a headshot, or multikill, or melee kill?

Instead, how about rewarding skillful play with energy regen, so you get a small smount back for a headshot, or multikill, or melee kill?

That sounds cool too, another direction of what I said. But neither way u should make another threat exposing that idea ^^.