Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Thoughts On The Latest Prime Accessories Pack

Thomatos

I feel that the latest Prime Accessories pack is IMO very substandard and I would advise potential buyers not to do so unless you really really need the 90-Day boosters, or wait till they rework the cosmetics. I have made the mistake on buying the Prime Accessories on impulse without taking a good look at what it offers, and I only have myself to blame. Not only that, IMHO, this accessories pack compared to the previous is lacking. 

I know everyone has different standards of 'nice', but from a designer's point of view, here are my opinions:

j965g7.jpg

2dkg4ys.jpg

24106qc.jpg

The first impression when I saw this in-game made me regret spending my money instantly. Firstly, what happened to the Shiny Gold Trims every prime item should have? Instead, the matte gold as shown in the screenshot can be changed to other colors. At least it should have the metallic texture, which would be great. 

My take is, don't call it prime if it doesn't have bling. Targis Prime Armor is what I call prime cosmetics and so far it's worth the money. 

Syandanas IMO should be sleek, because warframes are ninjas and they need to be agile to perform special maneuvers. Even though the Iliac Syandana looks bulky from the side, it still has a streamline shape to it from the front/back. This Pyra 'prime' syandana looks like it will just get in the way of everything, depicted by its overall squarish look (disregard the flames). I have tested this on multiple frames and it seems that the arms clip through the solid portion of the syandana just by running. If I were the warframe I won't hesitate to take it off my back if I have to do some intensive parkour.

My suggestion for this Syandana would be to make the central portion a little smaller than the width of the warframe's torso. As for the flames, I feel that they should be extended even more to look like (phoenix?) wings. 

Here's my quick sketch:

2nuoa6g.jpg

For the Verlorum Sigil, it looks acceptable, and it's one of my consolations for this Prime Accessories Pack. :'(

2ciij54.jpg

EDIT: Just added a pic of Misa Syandana for comparison. This is what i call...MUST BUY. (the pic is not mine)

JSCQFu5.jpg

TL;DR - Learnt my lesson to not buy things on impulse. Pyra Prime Syandana needs rework.

I really hope DE can add another item, or at the very least, rework the Pyra Prime Syandana.

Edited by Thomatos

My suggestion for this Syandana would be to make the central portion a little smaller than the width of the warframe's torso. As for the flames, I feel that they should be extended even more to look like (phoenix?) wings. 

Fully agree with this. If syndana got changed as described, I would buy Molecular tier in a heartbeat

It looks pretty cool but just a little too wide.

p.s Sorry to be a bugger but where's the forum that shows the prime parts drop list?

Nova Prime :

BP -              T1 sabotage

Systems -      Orokin Derelict Survival Rotation C

Chasis -        T3 survival Rotation C 

Helmet -        T4 sabotage

Vasto Prime :

BP -              T4 survival Rotation C

Barrel -          T2 mobile defense

Reciever -      T1 defense Rotation C

Soma Prime :

BP -              T2 defense Rotation A

Barrel -          T4 interception Rotation C

Reciever -      T2 survival Rotation C

Stock -           T3 extermination

Thank you Thomatos for your review and the pictures. The Verlorum Sigil seems a fine consolation. It looks psychedelic. I absolutely love it and your Mag looks fantastic wearing it.

I'm sorry you're not keen on the Pyra Prime. I'm unsure what to make of it personally. It's bulky and you're right about the matte finish. It should have been shiny. From certain angles I like it and it's certainly making a statement. I'm unsure it's something i'd want to put on all my frames however. There's too much going on. In fact, it almost looks unfinished. It's far from sleek looking, yet still somehow it's kind of impressive.

I'm really torn whether to get this or not. I bought the sentinel accessory pack when the game first launched on Xbox and don't regret it. Skipped the Targis because I thought it looked a bit ridiculous (and now i'm contemplating purchasing something that looks even more ridiculous). I want to continue supporting DE though as i'm having such a fantastic time on their game. Most enjoyable gaming experience i've had in years.

Nova Prime :

BP -              T1 sabotage

Systems -      Orokin Derelict Survival Rotation C

Chasis -        T3 survival Rotation C 

Helmet -        T4 sabotage

Vasto Prime :

BP -              T4 survival Rotation C

Barrel -          T2 mobile defense

Reciever -      T1 defense Rotation C

Soma Prime :

BP -              T2 defense Rotation A

Barrel -          T4 interception Rotation C

Reciever -      T2 survival Rotation C

Stock -           T3 extermination

TQ!!!

tbh they could or released this  stuff with that void trader.....I can say the best PA I've seen was with Rhino I think....whichever one had the long very solidly made..but gold..syandana ......god i shoulda bought it back then

Misa or Noru? Misa's the long energy one.

I kind of love me the syandana this go. I was really expecting something much worse, as per my own tastes. It doesn't fit every frame's look but that's fine. I like to mix it up as much as possible. I agree that more bits and pieces in the pack would've been nice though. The overall package is still a steal though.

Tbh. If this gets more talk about the quality of the accessories, DE might fix it just like the targis prime when it just came out.

Give it time. Too less bling? Thats probably a easy fix for DE

They did not fix the physics issue on the Vala Sugatra Prime from the previous pack, which you and I would definitely agree is an easy fix for DE. Well, no use for me being skeptical now anw, money's been already thrown in. :/ Let's just hope DE really does something about it.

tbh they could or released this  stuff with that void trader.....I can say the best PA I've seen was with Rhino I think....whichever one had the long very solidly made..but gold..syandana ......god i shoulda bought it back then

Nah.  Re-releasing previously exclusive items sets a dangerous double standard for items of this type. 

If the exclusive cosmetics from PA come back, people may start asking for other things like the founders packages to return.

If one exclusive item gets released again, where do you stop? What do you do to make it fair to those who bought it because it was an exclusive item in the first place?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I think you get the point.

The idea of having a rare, special thing that not many people have is a selling point of the PA cosmetics.  The lost of exclusivity may only hurt DE's business in the long run.  If they sold the PA cosmetics for plat in the market, the majority of the sales would come from people buying the cosmetics with Plat gained through trading. 

The Void trader already sells (non PA) Primed accessories anyways.  If you want some bling without having to pony up real money, check out what he's got the next time he shows up.

Tbh. If this gets more talk about the quality of the accessories, DE might fix it just like the targis prime when it just came out.

Give it time. Too less bling? Thats probably a easy fix for DE

DE's already aware of the issue and they probably started on the fix today.  Check out what Rebecca posted about it earlier:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/367099-pyra-prime-is-terrible-it-needs-rework/?p=4067016

From the test build:

YX4eTdu.jpg

What's happening here is being relayed to the artists as we speak. For the first time ever this Prime gear has tintable metal (common request). The default on Nova is gold, and the Pyra Prime seems to have no default which is problem number 1.

Problem number 2, the above screenshot shows the same tint (just randomly chose an orange) applied to both metals. The discrepancy in how this tint is translated is noted, as well as the design overall.

Nah.  Re-releasing previously exclusive items sets a dangerous double standard for items of this type. 

If the exclusive cosmetics from PA come back, people may start asking for other things like the founders packages to return.

If one exclusive item gets released again, where do you stop? What do you do to make it fair to those who bought it because it was an exclusive item in the first place?

I'm playing devil's advocate here, but I think you get the point.

The idea of having a rare, special thing that not many people have is a selling point of the PA cosmetics.  The lost of exclusivity may only hurt DE's business in the long run.  If they sold the PA cosmetics for plat in the market, the majority of the sales would come from people buying the cosmetics with Plat gained through trading. 

The Void trader already sells (non PA) Primed accessories anyways.  If you want some bling without having to pony up real money, check out what he's got the next time he shows up.

Ishki88 meant that the syandana should have been sold from the void trader in the first place, not PA.

Hope DE fixes the clipping issues as well.

Ishki88 meant that the syandana should have been sold from the void trader in the first place, not PA.

Hope DE fixes the clipping issues as well.

The issue the Void Trader suggestion is that while nicer for players, it doesn't make DE any money.  Which is the point of the PA as a whole.

I agree with OP; I don't necessarily regret purchasing it, but I feel the syndana has a lot more to offer if improved in the ways OP describes. Rebecca replied to a similar thread (quoted above), so it would seem they are aware of the gold trim issue.

I wouldn't mind a slight rework of the syndana itself either, though, as it is very bulky for a syndana.

Today I was so unbelievebly hyped, as I have finally saved enough money for the highest tier of Prime Access. After seeing all of this, I am seriously contemplating whether ot not I should proceed with buying it.

Hopefully DE does something about this. The new PRIME syandana looks no where as beautiful as Misa/Noru.

The issue the Void Trader suggestion is that while nicer for players, it doesn't make DE any money.  Which is the point of the PA as a whole.

To clarify things, I(and ishki88) meant that this Prime Syandana of 'such a standard' should be sold by void trader, similar to the (crappy) Eos Prime Chestpiece. Something more worth should then take its place together with the prime sigil in the PA.

I agree with what people said earlier, if the material part was smaller while the energy larger would be nice. But as it stands now its like a tiny gimpy amount of energy with a piece of cardboard attached.

Edit: Not to mention the massive amount of clipping on any of the frames.

Edited by LuxLo