Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entropy Flight Is Just Useless

Icebreccer

My most used weapon in the game is Kestrel. I like because it's a damn boomerang and looks just badass. Have been using it since it was introduced into the game.

kesterkil.jpg

First of all the augment for this weapon is just simply useless because you have to have Kestrel EQUIPPED in order to fill Entropy meter. It's awkward and makes no sense on a throwing weapon. If you equip the Kestrel then throwing it will cause you to first make a small slash attack before you actually throw it. It's slow and hinders your gameplay.

Secondly the flight speed it gives is only 140% which is weaker compared to the already existing Whirlwind which gives 180%. Not to mention that using these mods can sometimes bug your throwing weapon completely. It will just keep flying in circles and there is a chance that you don't ever get it back into your hand.

Thirdly there isn't simply enough space in my Kestrel to even fit such mod in the first place. Well, I would make space for it if the Entropy would be working as offhand.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8512731/Warframe/kesterlmo.jpg

So in order to make it at least usable then it would need to gain Entropy while being unequipped. Just make it gain Entropy from the kills and assists it gets (like it should do in the first place). This should apply to all melee augment mods. And also we "really" need the separate slot for augmented mods.

Edited by Judqment8

I agree with most of this. I too, also love the Kestrel... and when I saw the Syndicate mod, I was excited. It definitely needs to gain Entropy when using it in quick melee mode. I don't think anyone uses Kestrel or the other thrown weapons in full melee mode. The whole advantage of these weapons is that you can throw them and shoot your gun while it comes back.

I just use the kestrel to quickly make ragdoll the big enemies like the grineer woman, and so i use the augment mod to make it goes faster, i don't use any damage mod...

But it's true that the syndicate effect on this mod is 100% useless since it's a throwing weapon.

Also i use this mod AND the whirlwind mod and it always make it totally bug and go everywhere on the map.

But i find this bug funny so whatever xD

But indeed this mod isn't very useful...

I actually enjoy the mod. Thanks to the fact that Power Throw makes it explode upon impact, with a quick return and max flight speed, I can practically create an explosion anywhere instantly. Not to mention, after acquiring this mod I do enjoy it as a main melee. Great utility.

Well, if you checked my build picture you would see that it's geared towards the most damage output. It doesn't bounce, but explodes right after hitting something "solid".

Here is some Kestrel usage (not the best clip):

For example I take advantage of the Shield Ospreys and MOAs as they are the targets which the Power Throw will not go through and will explode on impact instead. Then when I see nice row of flesh targets I can punch through them and make the Kestrel to explode to something solid after piercing the line of enemies.

I have no need for the flight speed as I usually engage enemies close to medium range. And like I mentioned I can't take the risk of bugging. I do know that you can get quite insane flight speed by combining both mods, but that's not the point. The point is that whatever you do, you will never utilize the ENTROPY effect of the mod.

I just want to bump and say that if they'd just make the Entropy to work while off-hand I would use this mod despite the risk of bugging out.

It's just sad to know that this mod already exist for my favorite weapon, but remains unusable due to the "must be equipped" requirement.

+1

I love my Kestrel, too. And I totally agree. Unless they fix the throwing bug in full melee mode, otherwise I would never consider using Entropy Flight.

Yeah, the ridiculous "slash attack" has to be removed. It's so slow and painful to throw the throwing weapon in full melee mode.