Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Guide] Beginners Guide / Faq To Everything In Warframe

Musicax

Question

n9xf5.jpg

Hi all, after all the help I've received from various players and guides, I decided to pay the favour forward and make a quick jack-of-all-trades, but master-of-none guide as a compilation of everything I've learnt so far about Warfarm and put it all in one convenient location. This guide will cater towards beginners/intermediate players, however keep in mind that the "beginner tips" will still apply to intermediate players, except stronger players will be able to finish the runs faster.

The first part will cover bullet-point style tips to various aspects of the game and the second part will have an in-depth walk-through for complete beginners / newbies.

2co6eyt.jpg

General Tips
Here's a list of general tips that I think everyone should know:

• You can toggle sprint (to save your pinky) in the Options > Controls menu.
  • You can show teammate HP/Shields in Options > HUD > Show Player List
  • Warframe registers bullet shots client-side. This means that even if you lag, as long as you hit the enemy from your screen, the hit will register.
  • If you play from some remote part of the world like I do (New Zealand), your home region (Oceania) may not have many players. If this is the case, you can always change regions by going into Options > Gameplay > Region. This will also change the recruiting and trade chat to that particular region which will most likely be more populated.
  • Be nice to your fellow players and don't expect to be carried all the time. It's acceptable to be a new player, however you should be doing your best to be useful.
  • Read the comments in this thread for more tips from other players!

2co6eyt.jpg

Farming

1. Where do I farm credits?
Use a credit booster from the market to speed up credit farming.

Beginners:
- T1/T2 Void Missions : capture is fastest
- Dark Sector Missions : 5 min runs on Saturn > Piscinas
- Random Alerts : You can often find squads doing these in the recruiting channel.
- Sell your unneeded mods/blueprints/parts : You can sell your unneeded parts for credits from Equipment > inventory. Keep your unneeded prime parts to sell for ducats (void trader).

Intermediate
- T3/T4 Void Missions : again, capture with a fast frame is the fastest way to get credits.
- Dark Sector Defense : 5 wave runs on Pluto > Sechura. Use a speed nova + amprex for fastest results. Keep in mind that whichever clan is in control of the area can set taxes. This means that the efficiency of Dark Sector farming can vary from time to time.

2co6eyt.jpg

2. Where do I farm platinum?
You can't really "farm" platinum, but you can obtain plat by farming items and trading with players. I will list some of the more effective ways to make platinum.

Beginners:
- New updates/events : Whenever there is a new update or event, the new items that can be farmed will usually go for A LOT on trade chat. For example, at the time of writing this, the Soma Prime and Nova Prime had just been released and were easily going 200p upwards for a single part on the first day of release.

• For limited time events, there are often mods or maybe weapons that will only be available during the time of that event. Farm those items and wait for the event to finish before selling off extra event items (price will increase once the event is over).
  • If an event mission or alert is too difficult for you to solo, go into recruiting chat and either host one yourself (fastest) or look to join a squad. If you play in a less populated server (like me) and recruiting chat is empty, I'd recommend you go to either US East, West or Europe and look for a squad there. Even if you lag, Warframe registers shots client-side, so as long as you hit enemies on your screen, it will be fine.

- Sell useful mods : Some corrupted/rare mods can go for a decent amount. Go to trade chat yourself and see what people are selling/buying. Then google the mod name to find out where/how to get it.
- Sell R5 Gold Fusion cores : These go for around 1-2p each. Not the best way to make plat but if you need that little extra, you can do this.

Intermediate
- Farm various prime parts : Many of the well-selling prime parts usually come from T4 Void Missions. You will need a decent frame and weapon to be able to do most of these. Make use of the recruiting chat.
- Merchanting : Pretty simple, buy low and sell higher. This becomes easier to do once you have a few MR and can trade several times a day. Since Warframe doesn't have an efficient market, there are many arbitrage opportunities any savvy trader can take advantage of (e.g. Time-limited mods. Buy them during the event, and sell them for more when the event is over). Note that prime sets usually sell for more than the individual parts, so this is another way to make some profit.

2co6eyt.jpg

3. Where do I farm X resource?
Here's a list of some of the places I go to farm orokin cells, neural sensors etc. Break open all containers as you run these missions. I have no official source to confirm this, but lockers seem to have a MUCH lower drop rate for rare resources than breakable containers, so I usually don't bother with lockers (it slows your run down).

Beginners:
- Orokin Cells :
Saturn > Tethys > General Sargas Ruk

• He can be quite difficult if you don't have a good weapon. Lure him upstairs (to avoid grineer soldiers) and stay short-medium range from him. This will let you kite his flamethrower while avoiding his rockets.
  • Use a high puncture weapon to bring him down quicker. The first weapon I actually used to farm him was the Aklex which is easily obtained with just credits. Mod it with puncture damage, reload speed and hornet strike
  • On his second phase, he will do a fire-aoe attack which will knock you down. Either get out of his line-of-sight or "copter" with your melee weapon to avoid being knocked down (to copter, sprint forward, crouch then melee attack. Some weapons cannot copter).

- Neural Sensors :
Jupiter > Themisto > Alad V

• Not too difficult, even for new players. Take down his shield (but don't kill him), kill Zanuka then kill Alad V.
  • If you have friends farming this guy with you and you're brand new, meleeing him with 2-3 players is surprisingly effective (permanently stuns him).

- Neurodes :
Earth > Cambria (Excavation)

• Just do this mission and kill everything you see while excavating (having a squad will speed things up).
  • This is also a great mission to get T1-T3 void mission keys which are always useful to any new player.

- Morphics/Gallium :
Mars > War > Sergeant Nef Anyo

• Kill all enemies and break containers. This will usually net you a few morphics every run.
  • Sergeant Nef Anyo kill will usually drop Gallium (at least for me anyway).
  • No special strategy here, just kill everything.

Mercury > Appollodorus (Survival)

• Nice, easy mission with weak Grineer for enemies.
  • This is a good way to get both EXP for your warframe/weapons + morphics.
  • Stay until 20 minutes and repeat. 15 minute mark will get you a void key and 20 minute mark will get you a much needed Serration (if you're lucky).

- Argon Crystals :
Tower 1 Void Defence

• There's always loads of people in recruiting chat hosting or looking for T1D, so join or host one and ask your squad to mark argon crystals (press "G" to waypoint).
  • Keep in mind these argon crystals only last 24 hours, so make sure you use and build whatever it is you need them for within this time limit.

Intermediate
The general them for intermediate players is, I'd recommend farming for multiple things at once, rather than focusing on specifically farming one resource. For example, you can get neurodes, orokin cells and Nekros parts by farming Lephantis (ODA).

- Orokin Cells :

Saturn > Tethys > General Sargas Ruk
I never have to specifically farm these any more (I just get them from doing various Tower or Alert Missions), but if you really need to get a lot of orokin cells quickly, I still think farming Sargas Ruk is the fastest. Get a quick frame with a high damage weapon and repeat.
I personally farm this guy with Rhino Prime + Arcane Vanguard Helm + Speed/Duration mods (for Rhino Charge) + fast copter weapon + Boltor Prime.

- Neural Sensors :
Jupiter > Themisto > Alad V
Pretty much will always be the fastest way to get neural sensors since he can sometimes drop 2 in one run. Same principle applies here as farming Sargas Ruk - use a fast frame with a high damage weapon. I personally do this with Loki Prime + Boltor Prime.

- Neurodes :
Orokin Derelict
There's so many options for farming Neurodes for an intermediate player. Fastest way is probably farming Lephantis (ODA) since I tend to get at least 2 per run there (but this requires golem navs). I'd recommend doing various Derelict Missions for Golem Navs, Neurodes and Orokin Cells and then make the ODA key then repeat.

- Morphics/Gallium :
Morphics > Pluto > Sechura
Farm here to get both credits + morphics.

Gallium > Mars > War > Nef Anyo
I still think farming Nef Anyo is the fastest way to get Gallium for intermediate players. Same concept as in the beginner's section, except I would skip breaking containers/killing enemies and just go straight for Anyo. If you want morphics, you should farm Pluto so you can get both credits and morphics.

- Argon Crystals :
Any tower void mission
I honestly don't think anyone who is in the intermediate stages of this game will ever run low on argon crystals.

2co6eyt.jpg

4. How do I farm exp quickly?

Using an affinity booster bought from the market (for platinum) will speed up your leveling. If you specifically want to level up a weapon quickly, un-equip everything other than your main weapon that you want to level for faster gains.

Beginners:
Mercury > Apollodorus (Survival)
Stay for 20 minutes and repeat.

Void > Tower 1 Defence
Go into recruiting chat and find a group or host one yourself. If you are planning to get carried (i.e. you're coming in with a Rank 0 weapon/frame, then I'd recommend HOSTING it yourself. Its the decent thing to do). If you unequip everything except your main weapon, it should go from rank 0 -> 26-27 in 25 waves.

Intermediate
Void > Tower 2 Defence
If memory serves me correctly, a single run to wave 27~ should max out any weapon as long as you have everything else unequipped. The most efficient squad is to run a Trinity + Slow Nova + Disarm Loki + Frost (pretty much guarantees a successful 30 wave run). If you have a good Nova + Loki, then Frost/Trinity isn't really necessary and can be replaced with whatever you like.

2co6eyt.jpg

5. How do I farm Syndicate Rep / Standing quickly?
There are many ways to do this, since all this requires is to get exp, so the above methods still apply. The only thing I would add is to equip the appropriate Syndicate Sigil to get the extra % rep.

Beginners:
Void > Tower 1 Defence
This is probably the best way for beginners to get standing since there are many enemy spawns at a decent level, easy to find squads in chat and gives a decent 5k~ or so per 20 waves.

Various > Syndicate Missions
These are also good for some extra rep since they don't count towards the daily cap.

Intermediate
Various Interception Missions
Go into recruiting chat and join a rep farming squad. Often these guys want a Trinity or Excal so if you have a properly modded frame, this can be a good way to get your daily rep cap.

Void > Tower 4 Defence
My personal favourite, I do this to get rep + the various rewards from the T4D pool. Make sure you bring corrosive projection + a useful frame and weapon.

2co6eyt.jpg

6. How do I farm Void Keys quickly?
In this section I won't be splitting it up into beginner/intermediate section since I think all of these methods are viable to any player.

T1-T3 Keys
Earth > Cambria (Excavation)
I think this is the fastest and easiest way to get lots of keys ranging from T1-T3. Every 3rd extraction has the possibility of yielding a T3 Void Key

Various Void Missions
Not the fastest way to get keys, but any Void Mission can potentially give more void keys as a reward. I don't know the exact drop rates, but its safe to assume higher tier keys will have a better chance of yielding higher tier keys.

T4 Keys
Use Syndicate Standing
In my opinion, I think doing intercept missions for specific T4 keys is a waste of time. Its much easier to just rank up to the 2nd level in your preferred Syndicate and simply use 5k standing for 5 T4 keys. Just for reference, Steel Meridian gives T4D keys and Arbiters of Hexis give T4S keys.

2co6eyt.jpg

7. How do I farm Forma, Orokin Reactor/Catalyst quickly?

Formas
Any Tier Void Mission
Higher Tier (especially T3-T4) give forma blueprints very often. From personal experience, doing T4 mission yields the most formas, but T1-2 captures are also not too bad (since you can run them very quickly).

Orokin Reactor/Catalyst
Alerts
You can't really farm these anywhere other than from the random alert missions that pop up from time to time. If you really need that Reactor/Catalyst, I'd recommend looking in the "How to farm Plat" section and buying it from the market for 20p.

Currently a Work-in-Progress and will continue to update as I have the time.

Edited by Musicax

16 answers to this question

Beginner's Guide

This section will be focusing on getting a brand new player off the ground and into farming some of the later content. I will not cover where or how to get X item - this can be easily found on the wiki. 

2co6eyt.jpg

1. Things I wish I knew when I started playing

Here's a list of things I think every player should know.

• Always be leveling something. Leveling frames/weapons gives mastery rank which offers useful perks such as unlocking more powerful weapons or increasing daily caps.
  • Always level a frame/weapon to 30 before selling it. This ties in with the previous point - you want to get all the mastery exp you can before getting rid of it.
  • When you first start getting forma blueprints, start building them immediately. Each one takes 24 hours to make and when you finally get that weapon you love, you'll be glad to have a stockpile of forma ready to be used.
  • Join a Syndicate when you reach the "3rd progression tier." This will be explained in more detail below in my "Weapons Progressions" section.
  • Open up as many planets/missions nodes as you can. This is so when a useful alert mission pops up, you are able to do it (if the alert is on a planet/node you haven't unlocked then you can't do it). *Note* if you find yourself in a situation where you need to do an Alert but you don't have that particular planet/node, use recruiting chat to see if someone will "taxi" you there.
  • If you play from some remote part of the world like me (New Zealand), then your default region may be quite empty. If this is the case for you, go into Options > Gameplay > Region and change region to US East, West or Europe (most populated). This will open up new opportunities for trading and recruiting squads/clans.
  • Shots are registered client-side in Warframe. What this means is that even if you lag (e.g. from playing in a different region) abysmally, as long as you shoot and hit enemies from YOUR screen, the server will still register that as a hit.
  • Warframe is not a "one-build-does-all" kind of game. You will need to build specifically for different encounters for the best results. This means having a wide range of weapons and frames in your arsenal, as well as learning which combos are the most effective for different situations.

2co6eyt.jpg

2. Weapons Progression

This section will focus on the "progression" that new players can use as a guide to move forward into harder content. The way I've done this is to take into account the different areas that I think a new player should be focusing on at certain stages in the game. I've also made sure that craftables are available so I won't be recommending a new player with a MK-1 Braton to be farming Pluto.

Also I will only be covering Primary weapons as I think secondary/melee weapons don't really help much with progression.

You'll also note pretty much all of these weapons are rifles - this is because they are the most versatile and provide a way to deal with many different situations. I'm also going to be assuming that the player will not be spending any real money on platinum (if you do, you don't need a guide).

1. MK-1 Weapons : You'll begin with a MK-1 Weapon from the tutorial

• At this stage you should be focusing on opening up some of the basic missions/planets/quests and farming up some credits.
  • A good place to farm is Mercury > Apollodorus. Try to do 20 minute runs for Tower Key rewards and hopefully a Serration. This area will also drop Morphics which is required to build a Latron in stage 2.

1.5 Braton : You can skip this if you like, either way it will only cost 25k credits from the market (no crafting required) and will give you some much needed DPS and Mastery Rank Exp.

2. Boltor / Latron : You can pick between either of these weapons. Keep in mind Boltor requires a Mastery Rank of 2 to obtain.

• Boltor is a fully automatic rifle that fires bolt projectiles. It has projectile time and some drop-off on the bullets (so you will need to compensate by aiming a little higher over longer distances). However to compensate for this, it has great DPS.
  • Latron is a semi-auto rifle that acts kind of like a sniper rifle. Very solid weapon, but downside is that you will be clicking a lot (you can't just hold down the fire button).
  • Both of these weapons have high puncture damage which will help you farm high armour bosses like Sargas Ruk.
  • If you don't have a Serration yet, this should be your highest priority. If you haven't managed to get one from farming, then just buy it from Trade Chat for 1-2p (which can easily be gotten by selling 1-2 R5 gold fusion cores).
  • Some things you can do: Farm Tower T1-T2 void keys for credits, forma etc. Stock up on Orokin Cells from Sargas Ruk (you'll need 10 of these to make the next set of weapons).
  • You may also join a Syndicate at this stage if you like, but keep in mind that your enemy syndicates may send out hitmen to kill you while you are on any mission. These can be quite tough to deal with for a new player so only do this if you feel comfortable with fighting off packs of level 30+ enemies.

3. Latron Prime / Boltor Prime / Braton Prime : You won't be able to farm these yourself - you'll need to make some platinum first via selling R5 Gold Fusion Cores, Mods etc.

• All 3 of these weapons are pretty much like their non-prime counterparts in terms of weapon mechanics, except they provide more damage/better stats because they are primed.
  • Latron and Braton Prime are cheaper (try to get the SET from trade chat for 10-15p. Its possible, but will take some time to find a seller).
  • Boltor Prime will take you all the way to end-game, but costs a fair bit more. Try to get the SET for 25p.
  • A set for any of these 3 weapons will consist of the Blueprint, Barrel, Stock and Receiver.
  • At this stage you should be trying to rank up your damage mods (Serration, Elemental Damage mods, Split Chamber etc.)
  • You can also do Orokin Vaults (ODE) to try to get yourself a Heavy Calibre as well as other useful mods that can be used or sold for Plat.
  • You can potato (Orokin Catalyst) any of these weapons to double their mod capacity, increasing their damage output effectively.
  • If you haven't already, join a Syndicate and start getting rep. Make sure you equip the appropriate Syndicate Sigil in your Frame Arsenal > Appearance > Regalia > Front/Back Sigil. If you have more than one frame, you'll need to equip it on each one. If you don't know what Syndicate to join, I'd recommend either Suda Cephalon or Steel Meridian (for Synoid Gammacor, T4S keys from Arbiter Allies or T4D keys from Steel Meridian and T4E from Red Veil Allies).
  • Do all the invasion missions that give out Fieldron, Mutagen Mass and Detonite Injectors as rewards. This is so you can make clan tech weapons later.
  • Try to find a good, supportive clan to join.

4. Amprex / Anything you like

• At this stage you can really get whatever weapon you like, but if you don't know what to get, I'd recommend crafting yourself an Amprex (you'll need to join a clan with this research complete).
  • The Amprex will provide your arsenal with some much needed AOE, and pretty much shreds anything up to 30~ waves/mins on any map.
  • However, keep in mind that this weapon will require many forma (6 to fully optimize DPS) and also requires a mandatory Orokin Catalyst to reach its full potential. It also requires a Mastery Rank of 5 to craft.
  • You'll also need 8 Fieldron to make the amprex. You can either get these from Invasion Missions (easiest) or make them yourself by purchasing the blueprint from the clan dojo (but they get consumed when crafted, so you'll need to buy 8 blueprints).
  • At this point you should be able to farm whatever you like, but if you don't know what to do, I'd recommend using Standing to get T4D or T4S keys and farm them for prime parts (in particular, Nyx and Loki sell well) and R5 fusion cores.

2co6eyt.jpg

3. Frame Progression

This section will cover a logical progression in which frames can be obtained (because this will depend on what planets you have managed to open, if you are strong enough for that content etc.)

This section will also tie in with the steps from the previous "Weapons Progression." This means stage 2 from here, will correspond with stage 2 from the weapons section.

1. Excalibur / Mag / Volt : This is what you'll begin with in tutorial (might change in the future?)

• Each frame has it's own strengths and weaknesses, it doesn't really matter what you choose for now.

2. Early-game frames : Here's a list of different frames that will be accessible from the earlier planet bosses. Keep in mind that you should prioritize increasing your damage output from your primary weapon before thinking about getting a new frame.

• Rhino : Well rounded frame that offers crowd-control, team support and survivability. Downside is that he's a bit slow until you get a maxed rush/arcane vanguard (expensive). Get this frame if you don't know what to get. Drops from Venus > Fossa > Jackal.
  • Nova : Extremely powerful offensive/utility frame and one of my personal favourites. Her Molecular Prime ability is highly sought after by many squads. However, she is a little bit on the squishy side so you will need to play carefully with her. Drops from Europa > Naamah > Raptor.
  • Saryn : Offense is the best defense. Her Miasma ability insta-kills any low-mid level enemies - besides, dead enemies can't hurt you right? Drops from Sedna > Merrow > Kela De Thaym.
  • Trinity : Pure support frame with good survivability. She provides teammates with tons of energy and heals as well as being able stay alive through life-link. Highly sought after by many squads. Drops from Phobos > Iiliad > double boss.
  • Loki : Versatile frame that mixes solo-ability through invisibility and team-utility through Radial Disarm. Very good frame to have in anyone's arsenal. Drops from Neptune > Psamathe > Hyena Pack.

3. Mid-game Frames

• Frost : mainly used in defense missions due to his Snow Globe. Drops from Ceres > Exta > Boss
  • Nekros : Very good utility frame and often used in survival missions. His desecrate gives you a chance for a 2nd drop from fallen enemies (more resources, life-support packs etc.). Drops from ODA > Lephantis.
  • Nyx : Primarily a crowd-control based frame and makes enemies fight each other. However, I feel this frame needs some sort of buff as Loki with Irradiating disarm outshines Nyx. Drops from Infested Invasion (random event) > Phorid.

4. Late-game Frames

• Pretty much any primed version of the above frames will be a direct upgrade.

2co6eyt.jpg

4. What should I spend my beginning 50 plat on?

I believe there are 2 choices in how to spend your first 50 plat that are you given when you first start playing Warframe. To my knowledge this 50 plat cannot be traded to players, so you must spend it on something from the market.

1. Buy an Orokin Reactor and Catalyst (aka Potato) from the Market (20p each)

I feel this is the best choice as a new player because you don't really know when the next alert for a potato will be (and you might miss it if you aren't online at the time). Save this catalyst for something from Stage 3 onwards in the weapons progression (so one of the prime weapons onward) and the reactor for a mid-game frame.

As a new player you don't really need a wide range of weak, un-potato'd frames/weapons - its better to just have one powerful but versatile frame/weapon that can get you to the point where you can start farming content that gives plat-worthy drops.

2. Buy Warframe/Weapon slots

Some players may argue that this is the better choice. However, I disagree because as stated above, its much better for a new player to have a single powerful and versatile frame/weapon, rather than a wide array of weak ones.

2co6eyt.jpg

5. How much should I pay for X mod/weapon/frame?

Use this site : http://wftrading.net/ as a ROUGH guideline for prices. However, the best thing to do is to simply sit in Trade chat for a while and see what people are selling/buying for. Using common sense, it should become clear to you that most buyers are trying to under-pay and most sellers are trying to over-sell. Somewhere in between is what most people will settle on, with lower-end prices requiring more searching to find the right seller/buyer.

2co6eyt.jpg

6. How do I build X Weapon/Frame?

How to build and optimize ANY frame

[1] Pick the frame you want. You should pick one based off abilities and what role you would like to play. We'll call this frame, "frame Y"

[2] Decide on whether you want this frame to be played solo or in a squad.

[3] Search up frame Y on the Warframe wiki and head into the "abilities" section.

[4] Read the info on the ability you would primarily be using the frame for and find out what mods you need to optimize that ability under "maximization" in the wiki.

[5] Use http://warframe-builder.com/ to test and build using the maximized mods for that ability and how many formas you'll need.

[6] Pick your aura that you want to use.

[7] With any remaining slots, add in survival and utility mods (Redirection, Vitality, Quick Thinking, Reflex Guard).

Example Frame:

[1] Let's pick Loki for his Radial Disarm - I want to disarm enemies with as much range as possible for low energy cost while being able to survive if I make a mistake and take a stray bullet.

[2] The wiki tells me that Stretch + Overextended will give me maximized range (ignoring Arcane helmets).

[3] So I max those two out and put them on my http://warframe-builder.com/

[4] The wiki also tells me that 75% energy efficiency is the cap. So I'll add in a maxed Streamline (30%) + Rank 3 Fleeting Expertise (40%) for a total of 70% energy efficiency (I don't want the extra -5% duration for +5% efficiency). I then add these to my warframe builder.

[5] I want to use Energy Siphon on my Loki as the aura for energy regen so I'll throw that in.

[6] This leaves me with 4 empty slots that I can use for survival or utility. I'm going to use a mixture of continuity (for Invis) and Redirection + Quick Thinking and Rush for movespeed.

[7] The builder tells me I'm short of 6 points even after Reactoring it, so I need to put in some forma. I'm going to pick the most expensive mods and forma those slots, which turns out to be Redirection as a D slot in this case.

[8] So after 1 forma, my build is complete. Looking at the "Details" section I see I have a nice well-rounded Loki with 47m Disarm (30 energy) and 10 sec Invis (15 energy).

[9] Completed product : http://goo.gl/IlV1aA

How to build and optimize ANY weapon

[1] Add pure damage (Serration, Hornet Strike, point blank etc.)

[2] Add multi-shot (Split-chamber, Barrel Diffusion etc.)

[3] Add corrupted damage (optional, but highly recommended for most weapons - Heavy Calibre, Magnum force etc.)

[3.5] Add Critical chance/damage/status chance mods - this step only applies to crit/status weapons. What constitutes a "crit" or "status" weapon is subjective. Use a DPS calculator from http://warframe-builder.com/ to see if a crit build will outperform a non-crit build.

[4] Add 2 elemental mods (this combo will depend on what faction you'll be focusing on).

[5] Add Bane mod / utility mod - this you can use this for more damage, or extra utility like Ammo Mutation.

Edited by Musicax

good work so far :)

teammates hp/shields can be toggld with a hotkey as well. Z on qwerty should be active at all times

credits can be farmed on jupiter exterminates with similar efficency if you have master thief and/or (sahasa)kubrow with scavenge. ->locker run, also yields a handful of neural sensors and is less repetitive

could be used for void as well for argon and increased cash

dark sektor defense is very good for money, but depends on the taxes. the def on ceres is better than sechura currently, but since this can change, a hint on the taxes could be useful

venus excavation is better for T1 void keys, earth is T2/3 mostly

ironically the venus excav is harder cuz the map is more open, making the drills harder to protect

maybe a small chapter about etiquette (hallway heroism, begging, leeching...)

Edited by Reccettear

You told pretty much everything which needs to be told but i guess the drop rate for sargas ruk has been nerfed about orokin cells.I usually farm orokin cells in saturn survival missions.It gives me 2-3 cells in 15 minutes.But it depends on the RNG actually.Once i got 3 cells in 5 min and on another run i didnt get any cells in 20 min.But sargas ruk didnt drop me even one cell after 4 runs last time.So i choose saturn survivals.

Nice work - I think that the Latron Prime should be mentioned alongside the Boltor Prime as a gun that will "take you into endgame", since they're both top-tier weapons with very different styles. The way it's written right now makes the Boltor look strictly superior for any player.

Nice work - I think that the Latron Prime should be mentioned alongside the Boltor Prime as a gun that will "take you into endgame", since they're both top-tier weapons with very different styles. The way it's written right now makes the Boltor look strictly superior for any player.

I have both Latron P and Boltor P (forma'd potato'd etc.) and while I love the sound and feel of Latron, the only advantage I think it has over the Boltor is ammo-efficiency. Warframe is a game thats based around fighting hordes of enemies at once and I feel the 15 round semi-auto simply does not offer the ability deal with this and falls off a lot quicker than the Boltor P does. I guess you could argue that both will take you to end game, with Latron P falling off a lot quicker than Boltor P does.

Edited by Musicax

I have both Latron P and Boltor P (forma'd potato'd etc.) and while I love the sound and feel of Latron, the only advantage I think it has over the Boltor is ammo-efficiency. Warframe is a game thats based around fighting hordes of enemies at once and I feel the 15 round semi-auto simply does not offer the ability deal with this and falls off a lot quicker than the Boltor P does. I guess you could argue that both will take you to end game, with Latron P falling off a lot quicker than Boltor P does.

The way that I have them built (Latron: http://goo.gl/lvx77r ; Boltor: http://goo.gl/N5ahVJ), the Latron has slightly better burst damage, while the Boltor has slightly better sustained. The Latron has very high status proc chance, crit damage (= monster headshots) and amazing ammo economy, which the Boltor lacks. The Boltor has ragdoll effects that can wreck hallways, which the Latron lacks.

I've actually had the opposite experience with falloff - I find that high ammo efficiency, burst damage, and status procs last much longer than a standard full-auto weapon, although the full-auto will dispatch larger hordes of weaker enemies in less time.

The way that I have them built (Latron: http://goo.gl/lvx77r ; Boltor: http://goo.gl/N5ahVJ), the Latron has slightly better burst damage, while the Boltor has slightly better sustained. The Latron has very high status proc chance, crit damage (= monster headshots) and amazing ammo economy, which the Boltor lacks. The Boltor has ragdoll effects that can wreck hallways, which the Latron lacks.

I've actually had the opposite experience with falloff - I find that high ammo efficiency, burst damage, and status procs last much longer than a standard full-auto weapon, although the full-auto will dispatch larger hordes of weaker enemies in less time.

Ah, all your points are definitely valid with your particular build. However, I use heavy calibre with both weapons since I find the accuracy falloff isn't too bad because most of the encounters in Warframe taking place in medium~ range. I also use piercing calibre on the boltor (and will usually replace malignant force with a bane mod). 

Assuming we aren't using any bane mods:

Latron: http://goo.gl/7O1wYv - 24.3k burst, 14.5k sustained

Boltor: http://goo.gl/Xvk76Y - 27.5k burst, 18k sustained

You can see that Boltor is considerably higher with these builds, but if you don't like using heavy calibre, I suppose they are fairly similar. I would still argue using heavy calibre is the best choice for both weapons since even the best players will have a hard time headshotting consistently when they are being swarmed with enemies (you can check your headshot stats at the end of each mission).

You can see that Boltor is considerably higher with these builds, but if you don't like using heavy calibre, I suppose they are fairly similar. I would still argue using heavy calibre is the best choice for both weapons since even the best players will have a hard time headshotting consistently when they are being swarmed with enemies (you can check your headshot stats at the end of each mission).

Yeah, I really don't like Heavy Caliber on most things. I tend to miss the body entirely, not just the head. But I also fight at a longer range than most with my primaries, and when stuff gets close I swap to my Synoid Gammacor and give it a nice 47k dps laser straight to the face. But with a utility secondary like the Tysis, I can see Heavy Caliber being very useful for the primary.

bump, also suggestions:

valkyr should take the place of necros in the recommended mid-tier frames. valkyr will carry you through almost every non-defense mission solo, especially on the solar map. we all know how difficult it can be to get a team for these. necros on the other hand is another support, outshined by trinity. unless the goal is +1hour survival or there's a seriously bad team present, he's not needed for anything.

in the example build: if you suggest quick thinking, you should include flow.

+1 to sticky this useful and well presented thread.

Regarding mission/planet progression, my advice is to aim for saturn. Not only that it provide orokin cell, it also provide nano spores required to manufacture many good gears, and sentinels.

Speaking of sentinels, i like the carrier type since its default weapon is shotgun. Thus it can use all of the best shotgun mods i've collected, while i use all of the best rifle mods. But for new player, i suggest to use shade type, since its cloaking will help to survive from high level enemy. By the time the shade reach rank30, i'll have better gears and experience that won't need its cloaking to survive. 

Speaking of support, don't forget spectres (reward from rescue mission). During difficult/important solo missions, it's a cheap expendables. The enemy will split focus between it and me, it parry well, don't run out of ammo, and can be revived over and over easily while being cloacked by the shade.

Speaking of stealth, loki is a cheap frame. At 70p (less than $2 during discount), you get an orokin reactor (installed in loki), a frame slot, and a great stealth rusher frame (with right mods/aura) that drop from near-late boss. It's soo good, that DE remove it from being one of the starter frame.