Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Concept - Benzer, The Gas Warframe

MegpoidBeetle

Lotus: This is Benzer. Horrifyingly destructive. A relic from the old days when the Orokin Empire dawned over humanity, Benzer was created for one sole purpose: Extermination.

benzer___the_gas_warframe_by_zerohollow-

Lotus: Breathe in deep and hold your breath, Tenno.

Introduction

To me, Gas damage seems to be the most underrated type of damage to use compare to other damage types in Damage 2.0. This is due to:

Pros:

-Gas does 75% damage to Infested and 50% to Flesh, then again Corrosive+Heat does a better job in Infested missions due to tanky Ancients

Cons:

-Its gas cloud proc does Toxin damage, which is 50% less effective against Fossilized (eg: Ancients)

-Less effective against Grineer and Corpus units

Pretty much the only the reason I see people bringing Gas builds to mission is cuz they're still new to Damage 2.0 and have no clue how to arrange the elemental mods to get the "efficient" build (Corrosive+Heat, Radiation+Viral, etc)

So here it is, I did quickity quick sketch of a Gas Warframe, that's probably gonna be raising the kill count on your Infested death toll.

Lore

Through some accounts, it can be considered that Benzer is one of the earlier Warframe that came into existence, however he is not a prototype. The Orokin Empire created Benzer in order to combat the increasingly overwhelming threat of the Infested. His power, however, easily wiped out friends or foe alike (gameplay wise obviously no friendly fire will be involved :P). As the Orokin feared his growing power, he was one of the many Warframes with overpowering abilities to be sealed away in cryosleep. Due to the unique nature of the location he was sealed in, his Warframe became unstable, causing part of his chassis and left arm to rupture and mutate, probably caused by an unknown chemical that mutated within his cryopod. This however did not made him weaker, it actually enhanced his overall power. Now awoken by the Lotus, he is honor-bound to exterminate the new threats along with his old enemies, while being deadlier than he used to be.

Stats

B. Health - 200 (due to his mutated arm)

B. Shield - 50 (caused by his ruptured Warframe, thus creating a weaker shield)

B. Power - 100

Stamina - 200 (damn these Infested tissues sure pack a lot of nutrients)

Sprint speed - 1.1

Armor - 35

Polarities - 1x V, 1x -

Aura - 1x -

Abilities

From how I see it, I designed Benzer's ability to deal heavy damage including some CC as well. Despite his fragile stats, he is given a defensive skill as well. The name of the abilities may be changed.

1. Bad Breath (Alternative names: Noxious Breath, Halitosis) (Energy: 30)

- Benzer exhales large amount of gas from his mask, which will move in a straight line (imagine a moving Hallowed Ground), dealing 500/600/700/800 Gas damage and proc the Toxin AoE, which will deal 50% of the damage per tick (10 ticks in 10 second). Length of the gas cloud goes up to 5m/7m/9m/11m and the width goes up to 2m/3.5m/5m/6.5m. 25% chance to proc Viral as well. Power Strength affects the initial damage done by the gas exhaled, but the Viral proc chance is not affected. Duration of the Toxin AoE is fixed. Range affects the length of the gas cloud, but not the width.

2. Gas Cloak (Energy: 50)

- Benzer puffs out gas from the nodes found on his body, which will then surround him. While under the effect of this ability, Gas Cloak has a 30%/45%/60%/75% chance to completely nullify enemy projectiles, due to the unique corrosive properties of the cloak that vaporizes bullets and deflect energy bullets. Enemies that gets too close to Benzer will be inflicted with Gas damage, dealing 125/150/175/200 Gas damage per second and have a chance to proc the Toxin AoE effect similar to Bad Breath's one, at the same time having a moderate chance to proc Corrosion as well. This ability will persist for 8s/9s/10s/11s. Strength affects the chance to nullify enemy projectiles, which is capped at 95%. Duration affects how long the ability lasts. Range of enemy being damaged by Gas Cloak is fixed at 2m.

3. Ignite (Energy: 75)

- Benzer raises his mutated left arm and clenches his fist, to let out a burst of energy, which will force the foreign toxins in his enemy to react with air and explode. Enemies within Benzer's radius of 10m/15m/20m/25m while under the effect of Toxin's DoT or Gas's Toxin AoE will be damaged, dealing 500/600/700/800, with an AoE damage of 650/650/650/650. Their Toxin and Gas status will be removed, but instead will be proc with Heat and Blast. The initial explosion and the AoE damage is distributed evenly between Heat and Blast damage. Strength affects the damage done by the initial explosion and its AoE. Range affects the range of the aura radius that triggers the explosion and the AoE explosion.

4. Gas Sphere (Alternate names: Zyklon) (Activation Energy: 30, Energy Drain: 10/s)

- Benzer's left arm will glow, where then he releases a large amount of gas from all over his body. Remember old WoF? Well this is almost the same thing. ALMOST. The gas spreads within Benzer's radius with a range of 10m/12m/14m/16m. Enemies in range are dealt with 150/200/250/300 Gas damage per second, with a high chance to proc the Toxin AoE. This ability last for 7s/8s/9s/10s. Toggleable. Once the ability duration expires or is manually deactivated, the structure of the gas changes to being an eye irritant that blinds any survivors for 7/10/12/15 seconds that's still within the range of this ability when it expired. Goes great with Ignite! Strength increases the damage dealt per second by Gas Sphere. Duration affects the duration of this ability and the blinding duration. Range affects the radius of Gas Sphere and blinding radius.

Naming

Benzer is named after Benzene, a type of hydrocarbon which based on my lazy research in Wikipedia to be a highly dangerous and toxic. So yeaaaa I ain't creative enough to think of a more badass name with toxic elements in it nor hardworking enough to actually research it.

Design

Obviously by now you should realized that his helmet is based off a gas mask. (+Holocaust Benzer Mask on the left side, pls don't kill me). These were the references I used if you're interested :P

designer-gas-mask-2.jpg

chemical_soldier.jpg

Alternate/Extra Equipment

Yersinia Benzer Helmet+better view of his lefty

benzer___yersinia_benzer_helmet_by_zeroh

And that's it! If I get too attached to this concept unlike the Jormungadr boss concept, I may bring in more designs (assuming I don't procrastinate).

Feedbacks and comments are appreciated!

Other Fan Concepts you may be interested in:

Jormungandr, Infested Archwing Boss - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/327405-archwing-fan-boss-j%C3%B6rmungandr/

Visit me at zerohollow.deviantart.com for other drawing and sketches I've done!

Edited by YOUR_MOTHER_HAVE_BANDAIDS

interesting, i love the idea of a gas frame and i feel it should be done! may i suggest changing the name of the 1 to something like toxic breath? or Noxious breath? i cant seem to take bad breath seriously >.< 

Love the art too i feel a gas mask is pretty much a must on a gas frame and i really enjoy the mutated arm thing and how it's even worked into the abilities.

interesting, i love the idea of a gas frame and i feel it should be done! may i suggest changing the name of the 1 to something like toxic breath? or Noxious breath? i cant seem to take bad breath seriously >.< 

Love the art too i feel a gas mask is pretty much a must on a gas frame and i really enjoy the mutated arm thing and how it's even worked into the abilities.

Thank you for you feedback.

Well I decided to name it Bad Breath to pay a bit of homage to the Bad Breath from Final Fantasy, which is an enemy ability that inflicts several status ailments to your characters :3 Though I can use yours as an alternative name or use Halitosis, which is like the scientific name(?) for bad breath.

I like this.

The theme is original, but also pairs up well with Saryn's as her male counterpart. I also like how you made his different abilities synergize with procs and ignite and such. For some reason made me think of Twitch from League of Legends (poison dot and expunge ability). It also somehow made me think of plague doctors, which I think could inspire an awesome alt helmet for him.

I like this.

The theme is original, but also pairs up well with Saryn's as her male counterpart. I also like how you made his different abilities synergize with procs and ignite and such. For some reason made me think of Twitch from League of Legends (poison dot and expunge ability). It also somehow made me think of plague doctors, which I think could inspire an awesome alt helmet for him.

Thanks for the feedback!

Well yea I actually was thinking of doing a plague doctor theme helmet for him, but wasn't sure does it go with his theme. But since you think so, I will! :D

• 5 weeks later...

Oh well finally defeated procrastination and made a plague doctor inspired alternate helmet for Benzer. Also included a better view of his infested lefty+a Skana. Then again this thread is pretty much dead and I don't expect anyone to be still around _(:'3

benzer___yersinia_benzer_helmet_by_zeroh

BUT if there's anyone still around to read this, details I can give for this alternate helmet is that there are holes around the "snout" that constantly emit gas as a visual effect. Pardon the untidiness of this, it was a lazy pen sketch.

Whoopsie, my bad! With the gas concept (one of the alternate being "Holocaust" Benzer Helmet) and the cyclon B which I googled turned out to be cyanide gas the Nazis' used in the Holocaust I thought we'd be getting somewhere :P

Though the ideas of more themes of poison/death for this frame is always welcomed :3 At this rate he'd fit a better role as the bringer of the dead than Nekros is