Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo - Rift Surge Incorrect Multiplier?

Zadir7

I just bought Rift Torrent augment, so I expected to see some really big numbers of damage amplification.

So, I started inf. outbreak to test the numbers and level up my new weapons.

Here's the numbers:

First, I had 120 dmg per shot out of rift, 1 enemy in the rift, I dealt 330 dmg with 1 shot. 330/120=2.75.

I had Rift Torrent installed, 93% Power Strenght (30% Intensify+63% Blind Rage).

Okay. I replaced Rift Torrent with Narrow Minded, I got a multiplier around 2.6 this time.

Then I replaced both Strenght mods. Now it was aroung 1.8(!).

Thats the problem. I'm lvl 30 Limbo, Rift Surge description tells, that it must give a damage muliplier of 3.

Including my power strenght level, it should have multiplier of 5.79 (!).

Also, whats the formula of Rift Torrent increase?Does it increase only base multiplier, or the whole?

With base multiplier increase, I should have muliplier of 6.39 with 1 enemy in rift plane (3*1.93+3*0.2)

With full multiplier increase, it should be ((3*1.93)*1.2)=6.94.

So, the description lies, or its a bug?

P.S. Sorry for my english. =)

I don't think Rift Surge has ever quite given the damage bonus it shows, and believe it's been bugged for some time. The last I played him as a Strength build Banish assassin, I was barely getting a 2x multiplier.

Haven't played with Rift Torrent, but I would imagine it would do the same thing and have the same problem.

EDIT: I tried the Rift Torrent augment mod with a +Range +Strength build on Limbo (using Cataclysm as the way to send enemies to the Rift). The damage amp was barely noticeable, and I definitely wasn't getting the 600%+ that I should have been getting. Even banishing single targets and using Rift Surge, I still wasn't getting a damage bonus. Against the same T4S with Nova, I was noticing much larger numbers with M.Prime. This may have something to do with the way host/client works for buffs/latency, but I'll still assume that Rift Surges bonus damage is still bugged and not working as intended, as well as the Rift Torrent ability mod.

Edited by GideonG