Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Request For Weapon And Frame Accessory Sliders And Bring Back The Oversized Sugatras

Magnagar

Hey guys,

Remember the Loki accessory pack that included the sentinel accessories and the Daman Prime Sugatra from Prime Access? I'm choosing this sugatra because it's a good candidate that best describes the issue with sizing. As many of you know, its an exclusive item that could only be purchased through this particular Prime Access. Nonetheless, it helps with its observation. The accessory is currently in a puny state.

So, why is it puny now? Well as time progressed through multiple stages of updates and hotfixes, the sugatras have shrunken in size 0_0! See a few months ago, a bug to sugatras made the Daman sugatras ridiculously huge.

image from _Kanade_

KLUxoApm.png

pretty awesome right... :O

So, I was observing some topics under this phenomenon and it began with the over-sized sugatras mainly being noticed on Orthos Prime. Well, the glory days are over now. At this time, this beautiful accident became something so extraordinary that it needed a fast fix. The intention I'm sure was to size it back to it's original shape, but instead, it micro-sized the accessory. But its okay! Now that, we've noticed the flexibilities with accessory sizing, we can see that it's totally possible to have something that will help adjust our weapon accessories between certain lengths, on our own. Which would be amazing!

This was the Loki Prime Access

NuvbOkf.jpg

and this is what we have now....(really small right? >_>)

JmPUsiF.jpg?1

AND THIS IS WHAT WE WANT BACK!!....(or at least close to it)

uYvFOHM.jpg?1

3tiUmVz.jpg?1

cOE4rl2l.jpg

WHAT WE NEED IS AN ACCESSORY SLIDER FOR BOTH WEAPONS AND FRAMES! :D

Think about it. Just like how there are Sliders for the Sigils, the ability of freewill; to set a certain size or shape to our likings would enhance the customization experience. If we could adjust our chest pieces and syandanas from it's size, then sigils would have plenty of visibility and not get cut off by these cosmetics obstructing its view.

I'm sure if it would require some time and resources to create this. Granted that every weapon and frame is hand made separately, it could potentially mean rework on certain things.

If you compare a Skana sugatra to a Galatine sugatra, obviously the Galatine sugatra is bigger. At least you'd think if it's a bigger weapon, then it would be a bigger sugatra. Unfortunately, its not with all weapons. Certain weapons are way too short. If we had Sliders to adjust these proportions, we could make it work the way we want it to. Giving us capabilities to choose what would work with our preferences. In the future, this could prevent going back and fourth with scaling issues.

If we had a slider for sugatras and its at maxed size, I'd say this is the perfect length for something like the Orthos Prime(Currently equipped Dakra Prime with Daman Sugatras).

PthrnP1m.jpg?1

WZSJD10m.jpg?1

The sum up:

- Give us a slider to adjust our sizing on height and possibly width for sugatras.

- Give us a slider to enlarge and shrink the sizing for chest pieces and syandanas so the sigils aren't being obstructed by other visuals.

We won't need X and Y movement for these particular items. Tho, it would be nice to see something like having a Y movement on polearms or staves. Spacing between how far or how close you want those dangly bits apart.

I'm only dreaming, but if this becomes real, it'll definitely be reminiscent to Shinobi on PS2.

C5ZLABom.jpg

Anyways, what do you guys think? ;)

Here are the topics I've went through for sugatras

[size=4]https://forums.warfr...ths/?hl=sugatra

https://forums.warfr...ras/?hl=sugatra

https://forums.warfr...ra#entry3857273

https://forums.warfr...ra#entry3843216

https://forums.warfr...ra#entry3871264

https://forums.warfr...ra#entry3871254

>>>> https://forums.warfr...plz/?hl=sugatra <<<

Edited by Magnagar

100% in agreement. 

Anyone who doesn't support this suggestion is a traitor in the eyes of the Lotus.

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone does. There isn't a lot of Daman Prime sugatras around so people aren't speaking up. At least not enough of them. Even tho there are 8 different threads about this same issue. It's just not the popular subject I guess..

I'd like to give DE the benefit of the doubt...maybe they are unaware of the issue; similar to the old hydroid cloth physics problem - they worked on the dev build, but not with our build for months until one of the devs finally noticed my thread.

On the other-hand, maybe that's how DE wants them now. Which is potentially upsetting, in that, I paid $50 for what was advertised in PA (which is not what we have now).

Either way, an official word from DE regarding a slider or a restore (or both) would be appreciated. Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I think I speak for more than myself - what we have now is not the quality we paid for.   

I'd like to give DE the benefit of the doubt...maybe they are unaware of the issue; similar to the old hydroid cloth physics problem - they worked on the dev build, but not with our build for months until one of the devs finally noticed my thread.

On the other-hand, maybe that's how DE wants them now. Which is potentially upsetting, in that, I paid $50 for what was advertised in PA (which is not what we have now).

Either way, an official word from DE regarding a slider or a restore (or both) would be appreciated. Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I think I speak for more than myself - what we have now is not the quality we paid for.

Exactly this. What we paid for was for quality. Targis armor set is still clipping and our sugatras are still too small.

I've suggested a slider adjuster for both armor accessories and weapon accessories. I don't see how this would be a disagreeing idea to the Devs, just might be a time and resource consumption, but a well worth it one at that.

Being able to adjust the fitting of chest pieces would make a world of a difference to scaling it properly on our own instead of the Devs being taken away from projects or other work just because of some issue with clipping. Sometimes our chest piece are too small and sometimes it's too big. Blocking or obstructing view of the Sigil. It really pains me that something like this does not exist.

A sugatra scale slider would be ideal. As there is a limit to how much you can really do, it would be nice to get an overhaul for customization of some kind in the future. Instead of DE doing it with each weapon manually, have us players to do it ourselves. If shinobi can run around with a 50 foot syandana, then so could warframes with long sugatras.

WE WANT THIS

Small---------------------original----------------------Large

Edited by Magnagar

this is an issue with EVERY sugatra.

I want to use the grineer sugatra (cant remember the name) on my Sheev, but its like a little tiny ball 1/4th the size of your pinky nail with a string attached.

Yes this is terrible. All sugatras are suffering the same issue but the Daman Sugatra was under an exclusive $50 package which is why I brought this up first. It's absurd and not fair to the consumers. When will this be fixed? This issue has been going on since the end of U13 and now we are at U15.10! Edited by Magnagar

I can feel your frustration, Magnagar. You are not alone. It may sound shallow, but cosmetics ARE the main reason I still spend cash and play. That being the case, I sorta wish there were more of them. And that there implementation wasn't so haphazard, or out right changed for the worse without cause.

In fact, we still don't know if this is a bug, or intentional. Sigh.

I can feel your frustration, Magnagar. You are not alone. It may sound shallow, but cosmetics ARE the main reason I still spend cash and play. That being the case, I sorta wish there were more of them. And that there implementation wasn't so haphazard, or out right changed for the worse without cause.

In fact, we still don't know if this is a bug, or intentional. Sigh.

I'm sure it was a bug, but it was partly intentional because before this it was oversized. Which was great!! It shouldn't have changed!

I hate how the attachments look now in general, they really need to add a slider for them.

People are willing to spend alot of money to make their frames look good, I myself loved how the attachments looked before.

If the attachments look the way they do now back then, I wouldn't even bother.

• 2 weeks later...

Welp, the sugatra mega thread had died......again.

I hate how the attachments look now in general, they really need to add a slider for them.

People are willing to spend alot of money to make their frames look good, I myself loved how the attachments looked before.

If the attachments look the way they do now back then, I wouldn't even bother.

This^^

We need scale sliders for our weapon accessories. Just like how we have it for sigils.

Edited by Magnagar

DE people like their dangly bits ! 

dont deny the good tennofolk their dangly bits ! 

everyone loves a dangle and a flap and whats dangle amoung friends eh ?

see how they hoot and howl, to feel the flap and flop of a long material in the wind

streaming behind them as they run, as a herald of impending doom

swinging merrily to and fro, mesmerizing to behold 

#slidetodangle 15'

A dangle here,

a dangle there,

A dangle everywhere,

Please don't deny the dangly bit swing!

A sway here,

A sway there,

A sway everywhere,

Watch the winds blow making the sugatras dance,

A moment for a swing!

"Gust of wind"

and a flappy one too!!

Bumping again. The fix on the Jet Kitty looks so great.

But how/why was it singled-out? We have 70 other weapons that do not look so great when equipped.

Seems like months of asking for what we originally paid for is getting us zero traction. Should I write to support?

As a reminder:

15819654886_7aff10df7a_o.png