Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bug] Torid: Enemies Hit Directly Not Damaged By Clouds [4+ Months Old]

superbot34

is it so underappreciated that it dosn't get fixed for 2 months, and still isn't fixed? and to the community, who dosn't utter a peep since my thread about this died that most enemies hit directly with the torid do not get damaged by the clouds currently covering them? one of the best cc infested defense weapons and not a peep from the community.

some enemies can still be damaged, but it's rare and depends on the enemy and where the torid hit. something changed before update 15 that made some enemies not be damaged. you can clearly see below that the projectile hit, did damage, but then it just sits there with the cloud on it not being damaged. now imagine only having the torid on an infested defense and you had just manage to shoot an infested moa, but it jumped away and the cloud dosn't do damage to it, so you have to deal another direct hit or hope it stays in the clouds if you miss. i have not touched infested defense in weeks now because of this, as it is impossible to shoot the unnecessary infested moas in that game mod. 

proof of 3 month+ old bug:

in case you use google chrome and it the video dosn't show (the people at google don't know how to do anything) 

like my bug reports on infested moas that are mind controlled that damage players with their clouds and pools when stepped in or near, or how hydroids puddle has enemies standing at the edge without falling in, or how saryn's molt stands up on clients regardless of pose, or how headshot sounds only play on hosts (which has been a bug since the game started, and ruins immersion and satisfaction when dealing headshot kills). 

the list goes on and on, little bugs here and there, seemingly dull and unimportant, but slowly adding up like dust particles on a high powered processor heat sink. sure, you can avoid them for a while, maybe blow on it once a year to get a bit out, but if you decide to leave it alone for months at a time without cleaning people who come to play the game in the future will be more keen on spotting these bugs, bugs and issues higher level or higher play time players won't notice as easily or care about. 

tl;dr, torid is bugged and one of the many bugs that may deter players from appreciating the care DE puts into every other aspect of the game. 

>inb4 get gud and stop complaining and let DE take care of bugs on their own time and shut up and play the free game!!!!

Edit: add my atrocious spelling to the list of issues i have 

note: changed title to reflect now 4 months old bug. 

Edited by superbot34

tl;dr, torid is bugged and one of the many bugs that may deter players from appreciating the care DE puts into every other aspect of the game. 

That's a bit of a big stretch there...I mean yeah it's bugged, but I don't think it'll make players think that whatever else DE does is not important.

you changed the title and it's false. i assume the content in this bug report confused you? :/ 

Actually, I didn't change the title. I'll ask one of the Mod team as to who changed it.

Word of advice for the future though, being sassy to someone who tired to help get you visibility in the right section does not do you any favors.

I have this problem occur pretty frequently as well. There does not seem to be a 100% chance of this occurring however. One thing I can say for certain though, at times this is not a bug so much as several Ancient Healers STACKING their defensive auras causing the weapon to hit for zero damage on all ticks of the cloud.

Which brings to mind the question of why their auras stack to begin with, is that not broken in it's own right?

I have this problem occur pretty frequently as well. There does not seem to be a 100% chance of this occurring however. One thing I can say for certain though, at times this is not a bug so much as several Ancient Healers STACKING their defensive auras causing the weapon to hit for zero damage on all ticks of the cloud.

Which brings to mind the question of why their auras stack to begin with, is that not broken in it's own right?

what was the damage type when it was happening? nearby Disrupters reduce magnetic damage and nearby Toxic ancients reduce both gas and toxin damage. might have reduced it to zero in that sense. 

that or the damage ticks of your weapon was simply reduced to the ground. i don't think their auras stack, it probably was just buggy. 

what was the damage type when it was happening? nearby Disrupters reduce magnetic damage and nearby Toxic ancients reduce both gas and toxin damage. might have reduced it to zero in that sense. 

that or the damage ticks of your weapon was simply reduced to the ground. i don't think their auras stack, it probably was just buggy. 

Actually I have found that their auras DO stack. One time with the help of a fellow Nyx and loki we gathered a massive group of Ancient Healers through judicious use of Decoy and mind control. 15 I think. WE noticed that at that point our damage was nerfed to 1 or 2 damage entirely when they were near one another.

As an avid Torid user, I was just about to make this thread myself. I'm glad other people are bothered by it too.

This really messes with the torid at higher levels. It's very noticable against heavy gunners in the void. It also sometimes seems like the status chance is off on clouds hitting a direct target too.

And here I thought that my Torid just was doing almost no damage because I was fighting Grineer and forgot to change Gas to Radiation, well that, and I forgot to put Serration on when I was leveling it.

It's a shame to see a weapon with such a nice design and unique concept (among the guns we have) to have such a glaring problem. Especially considering that having this bug just makes it either a dinky landmine gun or an average lobber gun.

Hope to see it fixed sometime.

As an avid Torid user, I was just about to make this thread myself. I'm glad other people are bothered by it too. This really messes with the torid at higher levels. It's very noticable against heavy gunners in the void. It also sometimes seems like the status chance is off on clouds hitting a direct target too.

you must not be a super avid user considering the bug is pretty old at this point. but yeah, it's quite annoying especially because it punishes direct hits because they walk around with clouds on them but not being damaged. 

you must not be a super avid user considering the bug is pretty old at this point. but yeah, it's quite annoying especially because it punishes direct hits because they walk around with clouds on them but not being damaged. 

Actually I've mained torid since it was first released. I just put off on making this thread because I was hoping that DE would fix this bug (along with Mutalist Quanta) on their own after the mesa update.

This isn't the first time they've broken it. Not by a long shot.

I'm mildly upset about this as well. The Torid's my favorite gun, blah blah blah, elated over remodel, etc. But yeah. Does not proc AoE damage on mob hit with the projectile, sometimes doesn't deal damage at all. Gas cloud, just. I don't even know anymore. Its ticcing less, or not causing additional damage with stacking clouds, I don't know, but it is definitely dealing less damage.

I was just using the Torid in an Invasion and I can attest that direct hits do not trigger the DoT on the tagged mob. I've landed several bulbs on multiple Napalm and Heavy Gunner Units and each time, they only took damage from the initial impact. Other units that entered the clouds were affected as usual, but the tagged unit did not suffer any DoT or procs that should trigger from said DoT ticks.

To further this issue, units without a direct line of sight to the bulb but remain within the cloud's range are also unaffected by the cloud's DoT. Easily witnessed if you stick a bulb to the hand railing enemies use as cover in the Grineer asteroid tile set.

I'm having this issue as well. Haven't used it as much as I used to since Dmg 2.0 and the infested remodel (I dislike 'organic' weapons), but decided to slap another forma on it the other day and noticed this as well. Makes it a pain to kill stuff with a low-ranking Torid.

I was just using the Torid in an Invasion and I can attest that direct hits do not trigger the DoT on the tagged mob. I've landed several bulbs on multiple Napalm and Heavy Gunner Units and each time, they only took damage from the initial impact. Other units that entered the clouds were affected as usual, but the tagged unit did not suffer any DoT or procs that should trigger from said DoT ticks.

To further this issue, units without a direct line of sight to the bulb but remain within the cloud's range are also unaffected by the cloud's DoT. Easily witnessed if you stick a bulb to the hand railing enemies use as cover in the Grineer asteroid tile set.

the worst part is DE insisting that the dumb tar and swarm mutalist moas have to be in dark sector defense instead of brood mothers and boilers, completely ruining the game mode. it's bad for the torid because direct hits are your only shot at killing the moas since they jump around randomly, so now if you manage to hit them it probably won't kill them in one shot, and then they jump somewhere else and you get distracted trying to shoot them all. i stopped playing dark sector defense about a month ago because of this. cassini on saturn gives me more xp anyway, so thanks DE, one less person playing dark sectors. 

the worst part is DE insisting that the dumb tar and swarm mutalist moas have to be in dark sector defense instead of brood mothers and boilers, completely ruining the game mode. it's bad for the torid because direct hits are your only shot at killing the moas since they jump around randomly, so now if you manage to hit them it probably won't kill them in one shot, and then they jump somewhere else and you get distracted trying to shoot them all. i stopped playing dark sector defense about a month ago because of this. cassini on saturn gives me more xp anyway, so thanks DE, one less person playing dark sectors. 

This is exactly why we need changes in the enemies that are causing this kind change in player behavior. What de needs to do is actually pay attention to player feedback. As in HIRE someone whose only job is to monitor feedback threads for recurring complaints and then allow said person to tally various bits of feedback to actually give them a proper view of the communities opinions.

Now, you can't make everyone happy, but you can work towards ensuring the majority of the voices you hear are not always complaining about something in particular.

This is exactly why we need changes in the enemies that are causing this kind change in player behavior. What de needs to do is actually pay attention to player feedback. As in HIRE someone whose only job is to monitor feedback threads for recurring complaints and then allow said person to tally various bits of feedback to actually give them a proper view of the communities opinions.

Now, you can't make everyone happy, but you can work towards ensuring the majority of the voices you hear are not always complaining about something in particular.

don't get me wrong, the new moas are fine for normal missions, but for defense they are just in the way. i mean they put those flying infested into defense and people complained and they removed them, even though they weren't even that bad, but they seem to refuse to remove the new moas from defense even though there is an even bigger outcry to remove them. 

what is so wrong about sticking brood mothers and boilers instead of the moas? that's still more of a challenge than before without completely breaking the gamemode. hell, i would even be fine if they added the flying moas as well. anything is better than being one shotted while trying to level up stuff. 

im having the same issue. i love my torid but yeah targets directly hit only receive the initial damage and no DoT. this is also the case for tenno hit by a pod in conclave, no Dot on direct hit, and since there's not DoT, there is also no status proc if initial hit did not proc. I guess the best thing at this point is just to use heavy caliber until the bug is fix if that....

im having the same issue. i love my torid but yeah targets directly hit only receive the initial damage and no DoT. this is also the case for tenno hit by a pod in conclave, no Dot on direct hit, and since there's not DoT, there is also no status proc if initial hit did not proc. I guess the best thing at this point is just to use heavy caliber until the bug is fix if that....

i am pretty sure DE hates the torid if they refuse to slip it into the last hotfix. they had 3 months and counting to fix it.