Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #44!

[DE]Rebecca

Here are some handy stats to guide further questioning about Companions - hopefully it can assist in questions reflecting true player choices/preferences instead of guesses. (Thanks to Gavan for graphs)

Time window: December 19, 2014 - January, 7 2015

ZwtBPE1.png

koV4OAA.png

now THIS is how developers give REAL answers to questions.

While folks are throwing out guesses and assumptions of what they THINK players are doing....

REAL numbers cut through the muck and make things clear.

1) We know about upcoming boss reworks for Warframe, but there are bosses that are with us for very long time now and they seem like there's no love for them (i.e Ambulas, Raptor, Phorid). Can you tell, how many boss reworks do you plan? Maybe some of the newer bosses will get some new fancy reworks, I mean Alad V's both battles or Lech Krill really would benefit from something more fancy. 

2) Still going to implement swimming movement set? Something a'la Archwing in the water? 

3) Are you going to change quest section's layout in the Codex as more quests will be released? Maybe a subsections for main and side quests? 

4) Any plans for new mission types that would focus more on the difficulty and coop features, at the same time having rare rewards in their offer? 

5) How would the Warframe's current world change if Sentients were about to return to our Sol System?

6) Ever thought about implementing stealth mode like i.e AC: Unity did? When "Stealth" is activated, character/warframe changes it's movements to a stealthier ones, 'frame would only then hide behind covers/walls + additional smoother stealth kills (current ones are lil' bit junky) and enemy awarness indicator. 

1) Whether we will see visual damages on warframe (suits)?
2) You are said that developers will listen to opinion of players, especially to members of council. However nobody sees realization of the offered ideas on suits or change in that party which is offered by players - whether you Will interact more often (to deepen interactions) with community of players or you will leave everything as it is?
3) Whether you will change system of damages 2.0 and to update possibilities of firing to 2.0 with possibility of 2 different tools without approximations review?

Edited by Arras

DE rocks and Happy new year. :D

Q: Prebuilt dojos? You can pick from 3 different layout with no customization and it has everything you need for clan research.

Q: When is the UI for the dojos getting a re-design?

Q: Can we get tenno/Corpus decorations statues/holograms in the dojo too? Please When you have time :D

Q: Where are the hockey jerseys?

Keep on rocking it DE!

Question: I know that you guys are very open to feed back and suggestions from the community. It's one of the greatest aspects of this game as an experience, however I'd like to know if there would ever be a more concrete way for ideas/changes to be implemented? A lot of changes have been implemented or considered and these are usually the results of a lot of bitterness and complaining on the forums.

Question: Would you ever consider adding evolving mission modes in the game where you enter the mode with one objective and it turns into another nearing the end?

With more and more threads arriving as of recent, is there any change coming to the art style of Warframe to perhaps reflect the mood it once had? Many people complained that the "Old Warframe" was more satisfying in terms of gore and killing, while the new warframe is very lackluster in both of these, with repeated death animations that limit enemies from being affected by any terms of force (Like explosive weapons or hard hitting melees), gore usually only occuring through slash procs, and the almost complete absence of things like Decapitations.

Do you intend on returning these things ever?

If I had to pick a second question, it would be.

2) How do you guys plan on making Stealth a viable and fun thing once again, without forcing players to do it?

Edited by SgtFlex

My ONLY complaint with Kubrows is the long delay between switching (okay, maybe the kubrow continually wanting to be in my crosshairs).

I think kubrows would be used much more if it didn't take either three hours or plat to make the change.

Please kill the 3-hour delay ;_;

I wish you a successful year D.E. . Now,to my questions :

1) How will Swimming work?Can we melee, shoot,use abilities? Any gameplay or wip footage?!
2) What about better Stealth mechanics?Rewards for no alarm rung in mission? Rewards for sneaking around during syndicates missions?Destructible lights to make us less visible?Distracting tools (for all frames,not just Loki)?
3) When will Spy 2.0 arrive?
4) What about Parkour improvements?
5) When is Focus coming? Can we have some details before release?
6) What's the status of Mios?Any wip to show?
7) Do you have hints on the next warframe?
8) Will we really get syndicates customizations? Armors,syandana's,sugatra's,& others (like the Steel Meridian hood for instance)?Little concepts or stuff for our curious eyes?
9) Will other pets than kubrows ever come to life?(a bird-like one, a lizard like those from the alert?)
10) Do you have stuff to show about Tyl Regor,J3-Golem,Kela or Nef & Derf? 3D models,hints on the boss fights)? Will they be locked behind keys?(I hope not)
11) Where are the "Enemies of the Tenno" winners?(Manic grineer,riot moa,arcbomber,disgorger,juggernaut...) Any wip to show?
12) When will we see the enhanced cloth physics applied to Frost,Volt,Trinity & Oberon?
13) Are syndicates death squads placeholders?If so, do you have some concepts to show about revamped units?
14) When will syndicate leaders completely replace the Lotus during their own mission?
15) When will quests/past events be replayable?
16) Have you worked on new types of melee weapons?(Nunchuks,feet only...)
17) We have Lephantis. Where is the Void Assassination mission?
18) Will past charge attacks come back in stances?(with a drawback to avoid spamming of course)
19) Question to mr Steve : You always talk about being a space ninja,however the majority of players don't feel the same way at all. What would you like to do to improve that feeling? More oriental references?Better Stealth?
20) About the forums : can we have something that notices us when a dev saw our thread?Many people fall in desperation, thinking that their topic is ignored,or forgotten.
21) Did you progress a little with the difficulty settings?
22) Have you ever thought about a Boss rush mode?
23) Where are the previous pre-mission dioramas? They were so cool & you said it'll come back.
24) Have you ever thought about a different style of colour palette, a palette with other texture effects? (more metallic look for instance)
25) Can we lead our kubrows,shadows of the dead,mind controlled enemies or any friendly AI ourselves please? Sometimes AI pathing is erratic(kubrows always in front of our visors,AI getting to cover for too long. That would solve this issue immediately.
26) Do you still plan to add a shooting range/ a X-men training room in the dojo?

27) When is Nekros getting the Oberon treatment? He still is the "press3dude".

28) Can we get a "restart mission" button for solo gameplay?

29) Any other new tilesets to show?

30) Where are the sentients/the fifth faction? How do they look like? Have you worked on it yet?

Please D.E. , we want reasons to play Warframe in 2015. Lots of teasers & intriguing info would help.

Edited by unknow99

A lot of earlier frame designs (Frost Prime's engravings) are heavily burdened with age. Certain attributes such as appearances and utility has either gone unchanged or has been subjected to slow and experimental transitions. Are there things being done to bring these frames up to par with modern designs and technology currently available in the engine?

I also feel that all frames need to be re-examined. Certain frames perform their intend roles very well, while others have fell off the radar.

If I were to toss names out, the frames I seldom see in demand are...

- Ember (Prime)

- Frost (Prime)*

- Nyx (Prime)

- Volt

- Trinity*

As far as the "top performers"...

- Loki (Prime)

- Rhino (Prime)

- Nova (Prime)

- Ash

- Mag

- Saryn

Everyone else for the most part is caught in the middle.

*For general gameplay, very late gameplay does have demand for them (ie Wave 230 defenses, high-wave farming or survival runs)

I could go into further detail, but for the sake of the question I'll put that in another topic for another time.

-----

That all said, I feel the same can be said of weapons though they have not been as neglected.

Edited by DBugII

Syndicates have not much to offer for now. What about Syndicate specific pets? Like Red Veil can offer you Charger/Infested Kubrow, or Steel Meridian would offer you Drahk Kubrow, oh and Perrin Sequence would give you BP's to craft Zanuka-like pet. Why? Because why not. We dont have many pets to choose from

When will Melee be balanced out in terms of actual content available? Yes there are already a large amount of melee weapons compared to guns but actual content of melee is skewed wildly with only two dual daggers actually available in game and a sum total of three of them. This pattern is repeated in earnest as only four out of twenty grip type categories have more than 5 weapons, the rest having under five

Are we going to have a Ordis app for IOS / Android ? Like when we have a message , Ordis will say: "The inbox has messages for the Operator. Anything about Ordis in there ?" or when we first open our phone , Ordis says "WELCOME BACK OPERATOR !"

Is it going to happen ? It must not be that hard to make it for you guys.

DE talk about this points
1-Pet's OLD ones and upcoming ones
2-Mastery Rank  " mr means nothing "
3-typhus frame
4-Nef ayano and is son?
5-J3 
6-Archwing 
7-D polarity mods
8-stealth parkour
9-Water map and the rework on Regor
10-augmented mods and slots

This one goes to DE_Steve,

Steve, can you please pour some of your pixie dust over nullifiers to nerf them a little bit please?

The kind of break the Lore, the gameplay expierience and who am I kidding they are giving us too many headaches and broken keyboards and mouses dued to spontaneous raging... when one of them shows up in T4 50 mins in and he guards the butt of 4 heavy gunners

Edited by Domaik

Can DE seriously consider return of melee charge attacks?

Threads asking about this return frequently enough to at least give us some statement on this.

Throwing weapons and Redeemer are good examples how charge can coexist with fast melee.

Mostly heavy weapons would benefit greatly from this, not only power-wise but also charging will make them more unique and useful.

Can Jat Kittag have it's air overhead attack animation back?

It was awesome.

Here are some handy stats to guide further questioning about Companions - hopefully it can assist in questions reflecting true player choices/preferences instead of guesses. (Thanks to Gavan for graphs)

Try pulling that again, but only for rank 30 Companions, you'll get a very different distribution.

Why can we only dismember humanoid models? There's plenty ways to maim these models, but everything non-humanoid doesn't allow any liberties. Will we ever be able to slice in half MOAs, Chargers, Ancients etc?

Why can't we stealth takedown MOAs?