Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hosting Causes Drastic Increase Of Enemy Accuracy - Please Read, De

Bipp

The solution would be to revert the change which improved enemy accuracy. That was explicitly mentioned a few hotfixes ago.

As Rydian has stated, it would merely be a stopgap solution for hosts but playing as a client would still be unbelievably easy by comparison.

Not that it shouldn't happen if they can't fix the issue relatively quickly. Hosts get trounced in level 30+ missions right now.

The only solution i can think of is to make enemy aiming local to each player. The host would only choose which enemy targets which player but the actual aiming logic would be calculated on each client separately. This may cause little visual desyncs between players as you will see the enemies pointing at a different direction than your squad members see in their computers, but i don't think this will affect gameplay experience in any way since the player shot at would be the same.

this would bring everyone to almost host-level difficulty, so DE would need to tone it down a little after the changes in the netcode.

I haven't thought about this that much nor i know the actual code so i don't really know what other issues it might cause but the general idea of hosting shots locally is the only way of lag not affecting the accuracy.

PD: sorry if my explanation is a little confusing :(

PD2: i HIGHLY suspect that Grineer scorpions accuracy is ALREADY local since the manage to hit me even when i'm a moving client so all i'm saying is to make all enemies work like this. Haven't tested this enough, though.

Edited by Lunaroh

The only solution i can think of is to make enemy aiming local to each player. The host would only choose which enemy targets which player but the actual aiming logic would be calculated on each client separately. This may cause little visual desyncs between players as you will see the enemies pointing at a different direction than your squad members see in their computers, but i don't think this will affect gameplay experience in any way since the player shot at would be the same.

I don't see a problem with little desyncs. How often do you play with friends and say "Watch out, that Bombard's on you"? Correct, never.

Changes should be coming next week to resolve the host/client accuracy issue. The resolutions will bring everything up to equal 'host' level enemy accuracy.

Immense thanks for those who provided image support and other details for this topic.

Re: ACCURACY TOO OP PLZ NERF:

DERebecca, on 30 Jan 2015 - 3:09 PM, said:

This will be part of the equation in the change but more info is required in order to properly discuss secondary changes (accuracy overall) as a result of the original bugfix between host/client. I am anticipating and hoping for a potential post/devworkshop early next week from the devs involved but if that's not possible the release notes will certainly include the details.

Edited by DERebecca

Changes should be coming next week to resolve the host/client accuracy issue. The resolutions will bring everything up to equal 'host' level enemy accuracy.

Immense thanks for those who provided image support and other details for this topic.

Can you also decrease the enemy accuracy just a little? It's annoying how I can be running and climbing around stuff but that heavy gunner 50 feet away can still hit me with pinpoint accuracy.

OMG! that was FAST! i didn't expect a fix for this issue so soon!

This is great news, everyone!

Thanks for keeping us up to date! :D

Edited by Lunaroh

The resolutions will bring everything up to equal 'host' level enemy accuracy.

This is not a good solution to the problem, nor is it what has been discussed in this thread.

Enemy accuracy and reaction speed is universally too high. Grineer are walking hit-scan aimbots because of this. Solo players have literally no hope if this continues.

Glad to see that things are being equalized between host and client, but Grineer could still toning a bit of toning down in terms of accuracy. Even with the supposed changes to their accuracy based on how agile you are, Elite Lancers still seem to be able to land every single shot from their burst fire on you, even when at full sprint or during fancy acrobatics. It doesn't help that almost every (non-Lancer) Grineer enemy hits like a truck at only level 20 *cough*seekers*cough*.

Oh great, time to never play any Grineer missions ever again. They were already incredibly annoying with their hitscan cannon fodder units that slash proc you to death and their MLG noscope ballistas that can shoot you while they're facing away from you. The lowered accuracy while being a client made that somewhat bearable but with this I'll never play any serious Grineer mission again without cheesing it horribly.

I'm tired of walking aimbot units.

GG !! Now DE will see how garbage frame stats are and how the new units they have added will make this game from moderatly difficult into a game that makes Demon Souls shake in fear before it's visage.

No, seriously now, enemies are goddamn aim bots, that coupled with their scaling system and the fact that they start aiming and firing faster as they increase in level will make higher content next to impossible, especially grineer missions (DEM BLEED PROCS).

Guess we'll either have frame stats are worth something or we'll have enemy accuracy drastically lowered.

Can you also decrease the enemy accuracy just a little? It's annoying how I can be running and climbing around stuff but that heavy gunner 50 feet away can still hit me with pinpoint accuracy.

This will be part of the equation in the change but more info is required in order to properly discuss secondary changes (accuracy overall) as a result of the original bugfix between host/client. I am anticipating and hoping for a potential post/devworkshop early next week from the devs involved but if that's not possible the release notes will certainly include the details.

Well, Rebecca beat me to it but, come on, guys! if everything was moving up to host difficulty, accuracy changes were obviusly coming with it! :P

In fact, i'm pretty sure that the accuracy buff was implemented in order to make it harder for clients in the first place since they had it way too easy. Host's imposible difficulty was just a secondary effect they could not prevent at the time. Now that they found a way around the difficulty difference, the aimbot accuracy is not needed anymore.

Let's just be glad about this fix since now DE can balance the game more precisely!

Edited by Lunaroh

That'd be cool & logical to make the enemy accuracy increase with their level.(with a max cap of course)

Because a lvl Lancer isn't as skilled as a lvl 30 Lancer.

Re: ACCURACY TOO OP PLZ NERF:

Hooray!

Wow.

Awesome.

Let people feel it!  I like it.  Maybe we'll finally get people to see the abhorrent state of defenses outside of gimmicks in Warframe.

Maybe we'll get an across-the-board change to armor and healing out of this.

Most likely an accuracy nerf will come in and we'll be back to waiting for the overall change of damage, mods, spawn rate, etc that is supposedly coming this year.

That'd be cool & logical to make the enemy accuracy increase with their level.(with a max cap of course)

Because a lvl Lancer isn't as skilled as a lvl 30 Lancer.

Honestly I thought that would have been the point to calling them "Elite Lancers" and giving them better weaponry.

Edited by Thaumatos

This is not a good solution to the problem, nor is it what has been discussed in this thread.

Enemy accuracy and reaction speed is universally too high. Grineer are walking hit-scan aimbots because of this. Solo players have literally no hope if this continues.

Exactly, It's not going to be a pretty sight when everyone is being laid out by the ridiculous shooting of the ai that the host currently sees.

Exactly, It's not going to be a pretty sight when everyone is being laid out by the ridiculous shooting of the ai that the host currently sees.

I welcome it.

It will be a brutally honest realization of just how gimmicky defenses are in this game and how little your base stats matter while under heavy fire.

It will also fix most people's abhorrently inaccurate opinion of Iron Skin.

Edited by Thaumatos

Seems I'll be using #LokiMasterRace a lot more from now on. Hosting was worse than death but now everyone gets a taste. Watch as squishier frames gradually disappear from high level regions.

Edit: just to clarify: I'm glad they will fix the disparity between host and client. I just think they should delay the change until they have a balanced AI accuracy. Not everyone is a masochist who enjoys getting stuck for 2+ weeks with 100% AI accuracy while they bake a new algorithm. 

Edited by MaverickZero

-claps- This is by far one of the best changes i have seen in a long time. I can't wait until next week... Even though about 80% of the community is going to start a uproar about the game suddenly becoming hard..... -sigh-

Edit: Though thankyou to everyone who has given images, you have helped the DE allot by doing this and will help the game even more by showing the community how strong enemies really are.

Edited by Feallike