Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lifestrike Not Working Properly In Non-Host Situations.

Rhaenxys

Lifestrike and Hysteria lifesteal feature are not working properly when joining a match and playing as a non-host, this quick video explains this problem:

0:00 to 1:41 - Playing as a host/solo, the amount of damage healed is working as intended (5% of the damage deal) getting heals of 500-600 on finishers.

1:42 to 2:26 - Joining a match/non-host, as you can see in 1:52-53 my hp is at 177, for a hit of 5824 i receive 9 hp which is way less than playing as a host.

Same problem happens with Hysteria lifesteal, there is also situations when lifestrike hits are not taken into account and you get 0 heals, this happens randomly.

More video evidence as a non-host, it was a bit dark but the problem can be appreciated:

The problem is pretty much the same since the excavation update (dunno what number was) as can be seen in this old thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/333975-life-strike-bug/page-2

Added more video evidence:

0:00 to 0:38 non-host version: you can see a hit of 22132 healing me for 57 which is clearly not the same amount of heals as playing as a host.

0:38 to 1:32 host version: getting the proper amount of heals.

To resume, as a non-host the healing received from lifestrike/Hysteria lifesteal seems to be capped at enemy max hp who is a huge nerf, the host version is not too unbalanced to nerf this, if this is intended.

Edited by Rhaenxys

Lifestrike and Hysteria lifestrike feature are not working properly when joining a match and playing as a non-host, this quick video explains this problem:

0:00 to 1:41 - Playing as a host/solo, the amount of damage healed is working as intended (5% of the damage deal) getting heals of 500-600 on finishers.

1:42 to 2:26 - Joining a match/non-host, as you can see in 1:52-53 my hp is at 177, for a hit of 5824 i receive 9 hp which is way less than playing as a host.

Same problem happens with Hysteria lifestrike, there is also situations when lifestrike hits are not taken into account and you get 0 heals, this happens randomly.

This is absolutely true and should be fixed. Too many times I ended on the brink of death because of inreliable lifesteal mechanics.

I have a strange feeling that when being a host lifesteal percentage is based on TOTAL DAMAGE DEALT to the enemy, where as a client it derives from damage RECEIVED by the enemy or its health pool.

This is absolutely true and should be fixed. Too many times I ended on the brink of death because of inreliable lifesteal mechanics.

I have a strange feeling that when being a host lifesteal percentage is based on TOTAL DAMAGE DEALT to the enemy, where as a client it derives from damage RECEIVED by the enemy or its health pool.

Yeah i was thinking the same, in non-host situations is seems to be based on enemy health pool because i was testing this as a client on higher level enemies and i regen more hp than against enemies of 13-15 level however is still less than playing as a host, a lot less amount.

Conform. When playing Greneer survivals i often can heal myself only from Alloy targets. First 5-10 minutes are really hard.

Edited by Zero255

Thanks for posting this. Encountered this bug a while ago.

Afaik this bug is in the game since release of this mod (correct me if I'm wrong) and should be addressed sooner than later.

@DE Devs: Now that you fixed other Host/Client mechanics for example Greedy Pull (thx btw), I hope this will be quick and easy