Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Movement Sketches + Tweaks (Pictures Inside)

Kainosh

It includes some NEW features:

"Agility" to reaplce "sprint speed"

Jump charging - Hold [space]

Dive jump - [space] while sprinting

Heavy kick - [c] while dive jumping

Air grab move - while mid air, aim nearby air unit and press [e]

+ Some tweaks to existing ones.

Jumping and climbing.

> Jump charging is dynamic. longer charge= higher jump.

> Jump top height is affected by armor rating.

> Jump charge time is affected by agility "more agi = faster charge rate"

htAy4Br.jpg

New Dive jump + sprinting, sliding and dodging tweaks. 

> Sprint acceleration is dynamic. Affected by armor rating (low armor= fast acceleration).

> Sprint top speed is affected by Agi. (high Agi.= high speed)

> Dodge speed is affected by armor rating (more armor= slower dodge).

> Sliding momentum is affected by armor rating ( More armor = longer sliding)

g6sWDmI.jpg

Sneaking and crouching + air kick tweaks

K3Ez31W.jpg

AA meele:

eUNYNya.png______________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT #1

Cover.

> While in cover state, pressing any unassigned to "cover" button (these are , [space], "pure" [shift]) will stop "cover" action and perform assigned to that buton action. (pressing will make your frame walk "away" from cover).

SbjtEEF.jpg

P.S.  Sorry for any grammar issues and ugly handwriting.

Edited by Kainosh

I agree, very cool ideas. It would make gameplay more fun, instead of just hit and slash, i mean we are bloody ninjas, we should not be limited to hitting and shooting :)   I would only add stealth kills from hanging, or dropping from edges on enemies... Still awesome ideas dude, hope they import it in game. 

I agree, very cool ideas. It would make gameplay more fun, instead of just hit and slash, i mean we are bloody ninjas, we should not be limited to hitting and shooting :)   I would only add stealth kills from hanging, or dropping from edges on enemies... Still awesome ideas dude, hope they import it in game. 

My main fear and concern is that adding these to the game would be pointless, even IF they are some very awesome ideas.

The only "skills" you need in warframe is patience to farm, knowing your builds, and some avarage aiming skills (slightly more with weapons snipers and bows).

I mean, sure, I try to get headshots as often as my skills allow me to, but I wish there were more enemies where aiming at particular weakspots made me kill the enemy rather than just bathing in in triple digit damage.

Warframe, from a positional and movement standpoint, is a very dumb game. "Dumb" as in it doesn't rely too heavily on movement and positioning to be challenging (A major drawback due to DE's focus on MMO elements, as they focus on invulnerabilities, resistances, large health pools and insane burst damage to be challenging, which we have to use certain WF powers to avoid, like Radial Disarm, and certain abilities that make our damage go into insane heights like Nova's AMD and M.P.).

Edited by Lukap99

I will make "stealth attacks and hiding" and "cover shooting" soon (next weekend).

I also want  meele weapon to stay equipped after we quick meele with [e] (since we already grab it why not keep it there).  Same with ranged weapons. If you have meele equipped pressing Mouse 1 will equip and shoot your primary.  That will "free" 1 button that can be used for "charged attack" (Heard DE gonna bring it back)

So quick air melee now used to access places more easily would only work from held crouch? 

I could live with it as long we have some mobility while crouching/preparing for the jump itself.

I see how attacking flying enemies could work. Holding space would result in marking flying enemies and open optional "grab" or straightforward slash. Abusing flying enemies could work and don't forget we have one flying boss already so it would certainly made his fight more exciting.

I certainly wait for improved parkour. Auto grabbing ledges is horrible but I would never use movement while hanging.

Knocking down with slide could be added as utility to Maglev.

Good ideas, some seen in other threads, it's good we think alike :) 

So quick air melee now used to access places more easily would only work from held crouch? 

I could live with it as long we have some mobility while crouching/preparing for the jump itself.

Charging jump takes about 1 second and doesnt require you to crouch (its just animation). And once its charged Tenno dont jump until you release [space].  If you press [e] in charged state you perform that "directional meele attack".  It have a WIDE hitbox and made to kill MANY drones with one attack.  And if there is only one drone you can GRAB it instead by performing any jump and pressing [e] near your target. 

This.... this this this this this this this!

I will make "stealth attacks and hiding" and "cover shooting" soon (next weekend).

I also want  meele weapon to stay equipped after we quick meele with [e] (since we already grab it why not keep it there).  Same with ranged weapons. If you have meele equipped pressing Mouse 1 will equip and shoot your primary.  That will "free" 1 button that can be used for "charged attack" (Heard DE gonna bring it back)

I like the idea, but what about secondary instead? Snap fire then reholster your pistol? Like both ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

He updated it! Yay!

Usually I'd say that cover system is a bad idea, but it COULD work for stealth; if executed properly.

In combat it's easier to just keep moving and not worry about accidentally snapping to a railing which the enemy can shoot through.

This is fantastic. Cover shooting could always be tweaked if people abuse it - say, limiting it to secondaries. Everything else seems to be really interesting, and I feel would add a lot of fluidity to the game. Honestly, I really like the concept of auto-opening lockers, it can be such a hassle to stop because you missed the 'open' prompt when you walk by. Especially when you're being shot at.

My opinions.

1. This is awesome, make it so, +1 to you, you are a gentleman and a scholar, this is the parkour 2.0 I'm hoping for.

2. Can't say I was a fan of cover in Mass Effect, if it's less sticky in Warframe I'd be OK with it.

3. Able to shoot while dodging/mid air should only apply for secondary and melee.

4. Jump kick and dive kick should be blockable in PVP (conclave, duel room, dark sector)

5. The jump-charge hold time should be dynamic, hold for less than 1 second = weaker jump, hold for 2-3 seconds = strong jump.

6. There should be a mod for jumping

7. Flying objects like Ospreys should glide down when being held by a Warframe. The heavyness of a warframe should affect the glide-speed, as should gravity. (low grav = less glide, Zephyr = less glide, Rhino = lots of glide).

• 3 weeks later...

This is just outstanding, seriously awesome job on the sketches and everything.  It makes the idea fully able to be understood without question and don't worry, your handwriting is legible enough.

Even though I don't like the cover part (it's still soundly designed in my opinion) you note that it's a toggleable thing in the options, so have all the +1s I can give.

Pretty much everything suggested sounds like it would be just plain fun to use in game.  And I like fun, it's a good type of enjoyment to have.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed how trailer is movement focused?  Sadly "sentients" are just human sized insects...That can fly I believe. So we need more air meele that doesnt replace other movement features.

Well...Hype. Lets see how it turns out in U16.

im up for:

1 your side dashing mechanics, since current side roll makes you unable to shoot, also 

2 your ledge hanging and ignoring mechanics

3 your air melee mechanics

the rest i think arent actually needed and despite being interesting de will not add them into the game given their previous statements

im up for:

1 your side dashing mechanics, since current side roll makes you unable to shoot, also 

2 your ledge hanging and ignoring mechanics

3 your air melee mechanics

the rest i think arent actually needed and despite being interesting de will not add them into the game given their previous statements

Never heard such statements.... The only thing I heard is that DE " Alays working to improve the game quality "

I think If you like something, just vote for it.  DE can decide what to do and what not to do.   At least thats what I learned from forums.

Also, thanx for support.  But I wonder why You think that "Kick", an existing part of the game, is not important and shouldnt be impoved.  Currently kicked enemies just fall. Like...they arent even move in the direction we kick em. Just fall.  That move need some love IMO

• 1 month later...