Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Triplica - A Corpus Sidearm Concept

Vaskadar

The Triplica is a charged-shot corpus sidearm that unleashes a volatile explosive spheroid of plasma when fully charged, but will fire 3-shot bursts otherwise.

Charging will cycle energy into the main firing chamber, and the externalized coils will glow white-hot as it reaches critical power. The charge can be held until ready to fire. The spheroid will use up five shots.

The reloading mechanism is directly above the pistol's grip, and can be cycled very quickly, which makes up for its low magazine capacity of fifteen.

(Keep in mind the sketch is 3.5cm in length)

W4Ej9UE.png

XVPDM3X.jpg

Primary Fire (Has travel time. Approx. twice the Dera speeds or Cestra speeds)

40 Electrical damage

Crit Chance: 5.0%

Crit Damage: 1.5x

Primary Fire Rate: 6.7

Secondary Fire (Travel Time: Approx. Quanta Cube Initial Velocity, if a little faster)

200 Radiation (AOE)

Crit Chance: 1.0%

Charge Rate: 0.333 (For Full Charge)

Ammo Consumption: 5

Magazine: 15

Reload Speed: 1.0s

Accuracy: 100.0 (Zero spread, compensated by travel times)

Edited by Vaskadar

Charging will cycle energy into the main firing chamber, and the externalized coils will glow white-hot as it reaches critical power. The charge can be held until ready to fire. The spheroid will use up five shots.

You can hold it in if you need to.

Edited by Vaskadar

Well I do love burst fire weapons and explosive projectiles, so how can I say no to this? The design is also pretty nice to boot.

Although with regards to the burst fire, I wouldn't mind seeing it with 100% accuracy seeing as (to my knowledge) no other burst-fire gun has done that yet, and much like the Dera the perfect accuracy would be offset by the travel time.

I think the pipe will be a nuisance by covering the target you're aiming at, but I like the funny datamass shape it has lol

Regarding bullet travel time

The reason travel time is bearable on the Dera/Cestra/Supra is because they fire so many bullets that missing a few doesn't matter, especially because the enemies have ESP and dodge your shots Matrix-style. I can't imagine ever liking a Cestra that only fires 3 or 5 shots before needing to reload. This kind of weapon needs to have waaaay faster bullets so it isn't infuriating to use.

I do like a little travel time on weapons, especially if the bullets look cool, but almost hit-scan levels of speed are needed in this case.

Edited by DarkTails

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The Triplica is a charged-shot corpus sidearm that unleashes a volatile explosive spheroid of plasma when fully charged, but will fire 3-shot bursts otherwise.

The reloading mechanism is directly above the pistol's grip, and can be cycled very quickly, which makes up for its low magazine capacity of fifteen.

(Keep in mind the sketch is 3.5cm in length)

W4Ej9UE.png

XVPDM3X.jpg

Primary Fire (Has travel time. Approx. twice the Dera speeds or Cestra speeds)

40 Electrical damage

Crit Chance: 5.0%

Primary Fire Rate: 6.7

Secondary Fire (Travel Time: Approx. Quanta Cube Initial Velocity, if a little faster)

200 Radiation (AOE)

Crit Chance: 1.0%

Charge Rate: 0.333 (For Full Charge)

Ammo Consumption: 5

Magazine: 15

Reload Speed: 1.0s

Accuracy: 100.0 (Zero spread, compensated by travel times)

holy smokes it's beautiful