Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ember: Surviving Canadian Winters

[DE]Grineeer

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

A couple questions:

Does the "growing wall of fire" has a KB/KD mechaninc like Eximus one too?

- Shall you further explaine how a toggle ability takes in account power duration? and what is going to be its drain energy/sec value?

- Does WoF still have the hard cap of "max 3 enemies hit together" ?

- I thought Accelerant would become a toggle ability, since we can already move around with WoF active...

Anyway this is surelly good news for Ember (even if she still lacks of mitigation/cover abilities)

Let's see how it goes

Edited by Phoenix86

No one is ranting about how strong Bladestorm of Ash is (around 8k damage unmodded in a 25m aoe) so why not make WoF become quite similar. I don't suggest that it should be a targettable ability but instead make the affected units stunned for abit, do finisher damage as well as a heat DoT afterwards. Taking into consideration that Ember can easily boost the damage of her "fire" skills with Accelerant, it won't affect WoF's initial finisher damage but still affects the heat DoT.

Bladestorm doesn't do 8k unmodded. It does a fixed 2000 dmg and a fixed 4000 on ancient healers. That damage is then increased by the combo meter. However WoF should ignore armor imo to make up for it's low damage.

All my yes. No, wait, all my yes isn't enough, I NEED MORE YES FOR THIS.

Here, take mine.

For I too do not have enough yes to speak for the 350+ hours I've spent pickling in the underdog complex this frame gave me.

The time has come...

We've used our hearts. The wisdom of chickenframe was in us the whole time.

The temperature has been too low for too long. It's time to BOOST FIYAAAAAAH! Fuul powah!

QMIv0Ul.gif

Bladestorm doesn't do 8k unmodded. It does a fixed 2000 dmg and a fixed 4000 on ancient healers. That damage is then increased by the combo meter. However WoF should ignore armor imo to make up for it's low damage.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Storm

Go there and read more about Blade Storm.

"the ability actually does 2000 + ((2000*0.35)*7) = 6,900 damage in 6 seconds, making it one of the most powerful abilities in the game if modded and used accordingly." -Wikia

And I was supposed to say 7k, abit of mistake there but definitely it's not just only fixed 2k-4k like you mentioned.

You right. Mb warframes skills must ignore some part of armor, or must inflict DoT, that will bypass it's armor at all.

Armor just needs to not scale infinitely; there's no reason for one faction to increase in durability so much more steeply than the others do.

world on fire has the same problem bladestorm had, it needs to deal damage to more enemies at the same time.

So it needs to effectively be a radial nuke?  That's a good idea.

Armor needs to be fixed, not WoF.  Also, Healers are no longer Sinew so they don't take double damage anymore.

Now... How about some Volt buffs?

I hate this community.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Storm

Go there and read more about Blade Storm.

"the ability actually does 2000 + ((2000*0.35)*7) = 6,900 damage in 6 seconds, making it one of the most powerful abilities in the game if modded and used accordingly." -Wikia

And I was supposed to say 7k, abit of mistake there but definitely it's not just only fixed 2k-4k like you mentioned.

I excluded the bleed proc since we were talking about initial damage. You need to clarify additional effects and not round it up by a whole 1,100 damage. Doing that is the same as spreading false info if you don't specify the details. So my statement is definitely true. The damage is a fixed 2000 or 4000 initially with the extra bit you meant to say in your original post being the result of a bleed proc if the target lived.

Edited by EmptyDevil

I excluded the bleed proc since we were talking about initial damage. You need to clarify additional effects and not round it up by a whole 1,100 damage. Doing that is the same as spreading false info if you don't specify the details. So my statement is definitely true. The damage is a fixed 2000 or 4000 initially with the extra bit you meant to say in your original post being the result of a bleed proc if the target lived.

The same goes for your info as you didnt specifically mentioned "initially" earlier. As for me, I just mistyped 7k as 8k and aside from that mistake, I never spread any false info since Blade Storm actually does 7k amount of damage (rounded off from 6.9k). I never even mentioned just initial damage in my original post so go backread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/386223-ember-surviving-canadian-winters/page-11#entry4268862

Edited by LisRestall

There are obviously power creep issues .

In my opinion Enemies shouldn't scale in armor , but only in HP(HP gains would need to be tweaked obviously) it would be way easier to balance the game at all stages .

Anyway about ember , Her WoF range & Cadency if higher wouldnt be bad at all  .. or maybe you lower the cadency , like once a second , but you hit everyone at the same time  within WoF's range ?

So, Ember. Ember is one of our oldest Warframes and her abilities and stats are often a 'hot' discussion item. Her model, powers, stats have received changes in the past, and we find ourselves back again taking a look at what we can tweak.

Here are some coming changes to Ember that you'll be able to try out soon, we're hoping to have these shipped in a week or two on PC:

Statistic Changes:

-          Base Stamina increased to 150.

-          Base armour increased to 100 (125 for Ember Prime)

-          Movement Speed increase.

Ability Changes:

-          Fire Blast has had a mechanic added. In addition to placing a ring of fire on casting location, it -will now also generate a growing wall of fire (like the Arson Eximus ability).

-          World On Fire is now a toggle ability with a 50 Energy cost on cast. It will drain energy over time as well as consider your power duration (affected by mods).

-          World on Fire has had its casting time reduced.

As usual... this is all subject to change, this is just a quick look at what the plans are.

this needs to happen as ember prime is a sexy desighn and a buff to her will get me to use her out of the low levels and start to rock in T4

The same goes for your info as you didnt specifically mentioned "initially" earlier. As for me, I just mistyped 7k as 8k and aside from that mistake, I never spread any false info since Blade Storm actually does 7k amount of damage (rounded off from 6.9k). I never even mentioned just initial damage in my original post so go backread https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/386223-ember-surviving-canadian-winters/page-11#entry4268862

Does it matter if i mention initial damage? You already knew that i was referring to it's initial damage but added the calculations of it's bleed proc damage. Either way you look at it you were not clear and your post implied that Blade Storm does 8k damage on first hit. Absolutely nothing saying that it pumps out nearly 7k damage due only to the proc if the target is alive.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Does it matter if i mention initial damage? You already knew that i was referring to it's initial damage but added the calculations of it's bleed proc damage. Either way you look at it you were not clear and your post implied that Blade Storm does 8k damage on first hit. Absolutely nothing saying that it pumps out nearly 7k damage due only to the proc if the target is alive.

Are you seriously gonna push that argument? So what do we call the 4.9k bleed of Blade Storm? Some damage which isn't really part of the overall damage of the ability? I specifically mentioned that it does 8k (a typo supposed to be 7k) damage because I also think that the 4.9k bleed is part of Blade Storm's damage. It doesn't matter if the target was alive or not so you could either not count or count in the bleed proc but the fact remains that it is part of the overall damage of Blade Storm. If you think otherwise or your brain works in a different way, I don't know what to say anymore.

Are you seriously gonna push that argument? So what do we call the 4.9k bleed of Blade Storm? Some damage which isn't really part of the overall damage of the ability? I specifically mentioned that it does 8k (a typo supposed to be 7k) damage because I also think that the 4.9k bleed is part of Blade Storm's damage. It doesn't matter if the target was alive or not so you could either not count or count in the bleed proc but the fact remains that it is part of the overall damage of Blade Storm. If you think otherwise or your brain works in a different way, I don't know what to say anymore.

Both of you , we don't need to know what you think about  blade storm nor it does  2k or 4k or 10 k damage without mods . You're not on the right place to have an argument especially about this. 

You can compare frames  , but you need to do it well , and here you're not , so please , get into the right topic , or get out.

Edited by Xtenz

Both of you , we don't need to know what you think about  blade storm nor it does  2k or 4k or 10 k damage without mods . You're not on the right place to have an argument especially about this. 

You can compare frames  , but you need to do it well , and here you're not , so please , get into the right topic , or get out.

I'm pretty sure that my original post is closely related to a suggestion on how WoF can be improved by making similar to Blade Storm with the initial finisher damage and bleed DoT proc replaced by heat DoT as seen here https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/386223-ember-surviving-canadian-winters/page-11#entry4268862 

But this guy suddenly comes in and tries to argue on how Blade Storm doesn't really do 7k but instead just do 2k initial and the bleed proc which totally doesn't make sense when the bleed proc is part of the overall damage of Blade Storm.

Argument? We call it additional damage. Since it comes from the proc and that total amount only comes into play assuming the targets weren't killed off by a teammate or the initial hit. You can whine and cry all you want because you made a mistake but at least own up to making one. If it helps think of it like this. You hit a target with Blade Storm and it dies immediately from that 2000 damage. Are you going to sit there and say you did 8k damage to it when it died from 2k and not the DoT? No.

You're right. This is not the place to debate Blade Storm.

Edited by EmptyDevil

Argument? We call it additional damage. Since it comes from the proc and that total amount only comes into play assuming the targets weren't killed off by a teammate or the initial hit. You can whine and cry all you want because you made a mistake but at least own up to making one. If it helps think of it like this. You hit a target with Blade Storm and it dies immediately from that 2000 damage. Are you going to sit there and say you did 8k damage to it when it died from 2k and not the DoT? No.

You're right. This is not the place to debate Blade Storm.

For god sake. If you were to look at what I said whether conditionally or unconditionally, it is a fact that Blade Storm has 7k total amount of damage. Look at it this way, so someone said Blade Storm does 7k, is it wrong? No, cause it has that bleed proc. So someone said Blade Storm does 7k, is it right? No, because if the enemy dies on the initial damage, it won't proc the bleed damage anymore. But is that 4.9k part of the 7k damage of Blade Storm? Yes. Could someone say that 7k is actually the base damage of Blade Storm? Yes.

See how your argument fails? And please, stop quoting me anymore for such a lowly reasoning you give. Also, do not forget you also didn't mention the word "initially" on your original post but I didn't mention that anymore because it's such a pathetic argument to even look into.

For god sake. If you were to look at what I said whether conditionally or unconditionally, it is a fact that Blade Storm has 7k total amount of damage. Look at it this way, so someone said Blade Storm does 7k, is it wrong? No, cause it has that bleed proc. So someone said Blade Storm does 7k, is it right? No, because if the enemy dies on the initial damage, it won't proc the bleed damage anymore. But is that 4.9k part of the 7k damage of Blade Storm? Yes. Could someone say that 7k is actually the base damage of Blade Storm? Yes.

See how your argument fails? And please, stop quoting me anymore for such a lowly reasoning you give. Also, do not forget you also didn't mention the word "initially" on your original post but I didn't mention that anymore because it's such a pathetic argument to even look into.

Bye wrong guy.

So it needs to effectively be a radial nuke?  That's a good idea.

hm, on second thought, give it longer duration (which it might have after the coming change) and make the explosions proc burn.

edit: hold on, i got it, within the range of world on fire and fire blast there can be no BEES because of heat. i'm a genius... :D

Edited by SlyBoots