Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Boon - Warframe Concept

Darkseal

HDhsQrV.jpg

Boon - Warframe Concept

(I've just had too much fun making 3d versions of other peoples concepts so I thought I would take an OC of mine and "Warfram-ize" him.)

Boon would mainly be a CC crowd control frame focusing on multiple enemies... Low damage, wide range with a side-focus on Buffs/De-buffs. He would be a Slow frame, larger than Rhino/Saryn, with plenty of Shields and Armor, and a little lower on health.

Rank 0

Armor: 550

Shields: 200

Shield Recharge: 1.3

Energy: 125

Health: 75

Speed: 0.75

Stamina: 150

I have not yet thought of abilities yet. Again, more later.

Ability 1:

FePaTBr.jpg Marked for Death -

Aggro all enemies in range to attack only Boon. Enemies will also try to close any distance gap they have...

Ability 2:

RrpvIZF.jpg Conversion -

Swap Health and Shield of self and all characters around him within range. Shield will obtain the new over-shield effect if amount allows. Health amount will not exceed max of value but will not go lower than 5% on enemies, will not go lower than 15% on allies.... will not go lower than 10% on self. Use with caution.

Ability 3:

3xlVNeR.jpg Restoration -

Regen Health and Shields slowly over duration of use. Reload speed increased 20%. Sprint speed up 10%. Stamina up 20%. Enemies chance to drop ammo doubled.

Ability 4:

EBz9x0z.jpg Overlord -

All Enemies in range Kneel (or not) before Boon in a stunned state while taking damage over time. Damage dealt will have an increased effect (similar to Terrify). Boon can walk during this ability, not run or shoot or jump, but he is not locked in place like Banshee. Enemies still alive after will have radiation proc (x2, x4, x8 depending on level). balancing.

Augment 1: (Ability 2) Efficient Conversion -

All the benefits from conversion without any existing value going down for allies or self. Speed and Strength increased 15% for 4x, 8x, 12x time based on level.

Augment 2: (Ability 4) RNG (add proc name here) Overlord - Adds Proc damage to the ability... I want to say radiation to stay in line with the frame, but it has been pointed out that it might be too OP and spamable for a split second to simply give status effect....... TBD.

Painted some textures... Rigged!

Lore:

The Corpus and the Grineer have put aside their differences for a short time to focus on the growing threat of the Tenno. They are not going to put up with the interruptions to their business/conquering any longer.  They have now tried to make their own Warframe, a "bigger is better" approach to create an ultimate solder under their control. If Tenno show up, they will release Boon to take care of the tiny Tenno. On a successful corpus mission of the Tenno defense mission, the heroic Corpus commander John Prodman, was able to defeat the 4 man squad dispatched to protect the "pod" in their possession. The pod was recovered and the host inside was used to start creation of Boon. After the boasting of the scientific team of their assured and pending success, more pods have been recovered and mass production has started.

Unfortunately most attempts at making Boon have proved disastrous.  A project Fail rate of 92.314% has resulted in many lives lost. Almost every Boon created from the recovered pods has, in fact, been the perfect Warframe. A Tenno being a Tenno, awakes, receives a message from the Lotus, and mindlessly destroys targets on site.

Remaining Boon construction supply parts have been stored at various facilities around the system, Corpus and Grineer controlled areas alike. Bosses have been told to guard them with their life until the parts can be recycled at a later date. But you know Bosses, they probably just stick them in a storage container and forget about them...

untextured wip:

IPItttq.jpg

Edited by Darkseal

• 1 month later...

I dig it. He kind of reminds me of a Necron Overlord... but that's not exactly a bad thing. Some of his powers are kind of iffy--the one people keep pointing out, Conversion not affecting team-mates, is the easiest to point out specific flaws... but I think you should rework his ult. You've even compared it to this yourself, but it's basically Banshee's Sonic Quake, plus Terrify's damage boost and the ability to strategically reposition himself while it operates. That comparison is a pretty much undeniable indication that the ability is overpowered, unless each of those aspects is nerfed to the point where they're not very useful anyway. In that case, why use the ability? Quality over quantity is a good rule for warframe abilities, I've found, for precisely this reason.

That argument kind of carries over to his third, but that one is hard to judge without seeing it in action. All of the percentages are relatively low, yes, but arguably the combined sum of (relatively) low but still significant upgrades to every aspect of the frame could be more powerful than a more powerful, single-aspect specialized ability. It doesn't require as much tactical planning or situational awareness, which is probably not a good thing. In that regard, I would compare it to Rhino's Iron Skin or Trinity's Blessing, and both of those got nerfed because they were altogether too useful and too powerful.

Edited by Siubijeni