Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Heat Lance ( Weapon Concept With Art)

Rufflog

Hey there,

I guess i dont have to explain the general idea about spears, so i`ll jump right to my grineer spear concept

The name i gave it was "Helac" 

gim5cLA.png?1

The Story
A Grineer platoon was ambushed by a Tenno, their ammunition was quickly running out during the intense fighting. Spurred on by their enduring bravery, and not wanting to be chopped up like sushi, the Grineer had an ingenious idea. They took a portable gas-powered welder, used to repair heavy armor in the field, and turned it into a blazing spear. Through teamwork, the Grineer distracted the Tenno long enough for one of their comrades to skewer the space ninja, putting an end to the massacre. The impromptu experiment proved the Grineer can make a weapon out of anything, and Tenno are very weldable.

Because the chances of this becoming a weapon with backpack are very low you could still use it as a new grineer soldier type , who uses this weapon with the generator on his/her back

The Weapon
It's basically a 2-handed Spear tethered to a power generator on your back. It has a long attack range, with stabbing and slashing animations. (Puncture/Slash)

•When slashing, it can hit multiple enemies.
•When stabbing, it can only hit multiple enemies if they're standing behind each other.

Channeling
Channeling will turn on the generator, superheating the speartip so it can do Heat damage with every strike. Energy is drained until you stop channeling. The longer you channel the hotter it gets, dealing additional fire damage.

(re-written by DarkTails, Thanks bro) 

Also this could be used to `rework` the current Grineer shield lancers or even add a new Unit which carries this weapon and the shield lancer`s shield. They should get use of their weaponry by a phalanx formation , thus appearing only in groups to protect VIP`s , small passages , doorways or small Grineer platoons 

Here`s a sketch ( click the image for full size)

M1zgmNj.png

Edited by CampLeaderHoliday

I like the idea, sounds like a fun weapon. We also don't have many long range single strike Melee weapons, so this would be neat to add. (A thrown javelin would be cool too)

I rewrote your post so it's easier to read :)

The Story
A Grineer platoon was ambushed by a Tenno, their ammunition was quickly running out during the intense fighting. Spurred on by their enduring bravery, and not wanting to be chopped up like sushi, the Grineer had an ingenious idea. They took a portable gas-powered welder, used to repair heavy armor in the field, and turned it into a blazing spear. Through teamwork, the Grineer distracted the Tenno long enough for one of their comrades to skewer the space ninja, putting an end to the massacre. The impromptu experiment proved the Grineer can make a weapon out of anything, and Tenno are very weldable.

The Weapon
It's basically a 2-handed Spear tethered to a power generator on your back. It has a long attack range, with stabbing and slashing animations. (Puncture/Slash)

•When slashing, it can hit multiple enemies.
•When stabbing, it can only hit multiple enemies if they're standing behind each other.

Channeling
Channeling will turn on the generator, superheating the speartip so it can do Heat damage with every strike. Energy is drained until you stop channeling. The longer you channel the hotter it gets, dealing additional fire damage.

I don't think the part where it melts if you use it too long is necessary, it just makes it less fun to use and makes more work for the Devs.

Edited by DarkTails

I like the idea, sounds like a fun weapon. We also don't have many long range single strike Melee weapons, so this would be neat to add. (A thrown javelin would be cool too)

I rewrote your post so it's easier to read :)

[...]

Thanks :) . that's really neat because i'm no native speaker. And i also thought the melting iron would be too much but eh, what could go wrong if i write it down?

Spears a cool, but I'm not certain if DE would have a whole backpack unit.

All current weapons, to my knowledge, fully disengage from the back.

This may be due to varying shape of warframes having a backpack would have to be visually customized for each one or have very obvious clipping. DE hasn't shyed away from clipping before, but the pack may cause it to be to much.

Still a really cool idea. You could have it with a pack on a specific Grinder unit but when Tenno make it it gets modified.

I was interested into MORE spear like weapons in the game since i started, i like to fight at high distance with melee weapons and would appreciate the implementation of this weapon type ingame, the staff weapons we got ingame now are not very based on range, but on sick and good looking asian fighting moves which makes me a little sad (not if there is anything wrong with asian staff weapon fighting, but i kinda miss the good old fashion spear)

The idea of this spear itself is pretty cool, and the lore too, the grineer usually tend to be a little unorthodox, and the wrong usage of wielding tools is very unorthodox i think. The backpack would might be a little problematic because the animations and the re-placement of the weapons you usually carry on your back could be very tricky.

The backpack would be an issue (clipping, placement, people not liking wanting to wear a fan on their shoulder), but the additional channeling effect certainly sounds interesting. I'd almost expect the Grineer to add an explosive version of that system to a hammer as well.

The backpack would be an issue (clipping, placement, people not liking wanting to wear a fan on their shoulder), but the additional channeling effect certainly sounds interesting. I'd almost expect the Grineer to add an explosive version of that system to a hammer as well.

yeh , i thought the same thing about the backpack but hope dies last. Also as Zugagang above you said , a grineer soldier with this kind of weapon would be cool, so i `m just adding this to the main idea

I would love to see more spear type weapons, this one seems a bit odd to me as I don't see the Grineer to be spear users. I feel a Tenno spear would be first then a Corpus energy prod. of course this could also add in more enemies!

I would love to see more spear type weapons, this one seems a bit odd to me as I don't see the Grineer to be spear users. I feel a Tenno spear would be first then a Corpus energy prod. of course this could also add in more enemies!

yeah..but this isnt about grineer using spears.As ive written it/was part of a welding tool to maintain space crafts. And it wasnt even supposed to work as a weapon. Like some of the corpus stuff which are misused tools(serro/quanta)

▲

▲ ▲

• 2 weeks later...

▲

▲ ▲

▲ ▲ ▲

▲

▲ ▲

▲ ▲ ▲

▲ ▲ ▲ ▲