Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Glaive Skin Concept] The "io"

discus_by_11meister-d63vw5g.jpg

Name: "Io"  

Description: 

This ancient Orokin power coupling is often found amoungst the remains of the First One's giant fusion reactors. Useless in it's raw form, this version has been re-tooled with morphics alloy, and now functions as a lethal alternative to the GLAIVE, replacing blades with burning plasma. 

Optional Stats:

10% longer flight time 

-5% longer charge time

Cost: 75 Platinum or ? Alerts for blueprint.  

Additional Features:

Awesome plasma sound effects! 

More Info: 

Before the glaive was released, I had a thread where I basically suggested that a copy of the Tron identity disk should be added to the game as a throw-able weapon. That thread didn't get a lot of comments, but someone did post one that said something like "Dark sector's glaive is coming.

Well now it's here, I've gotten myself one, and I must say - it's not too shabby. 214722unoptsafevectorwo.png

Actually a lot more fun than I would have a thought. 

So - now my old Tron-rip-off concept looked a bit pointless. Until I realized:

-So far DE has only released skins for melee weapons.

-The glaive is a melee weapon

-Profit. 

And so I set about working on this concept. 

This time around I decided to go for a more original aesthetic, something that looked like it belonged in Warframe rather than Tron. The result was the "Io". It's clearly Tron inspired, but not overbearingly so. 

Hopefully DE sees fit to incoperate this, or some sort of appropriation of it soon enough! 

For those of you who havn't had the joy of watching Tron legacy - here's what I'm referring to: 

11 over and out! :D 

tronlegacydisc1.gif

My other Warframe Weapon concept -> https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/29968-weapon-concept-oorkin-particle-rifle/#entry269910

Signature:

banner2_by_11meister-d623abf.gif

Edited by 11.11.11

say it in royal canterlot voice! . .

ehm yeah . .

i think there wil be skins for the glaive, just because it a favourite of DE

just w8, it will come

Edit:

on the second look, did you get inspired from the celtic symbol of eternity?

Edited by Depar

say it in royal canterlot voice! . .

ehm yeah . .

i think there wil be skins for the glaive, just because it a favourite of DE

just w8, it will come

Or I could...you know....draw my own concept, and it offer it to them.. ._. 

I think it should be a second Glaive.

Perhaps, different flight path would be better than stat change. What if this one deal less damage but once thrown, it files around you in 360 degree and damage everything caught in the path. Could be extremely tricky to use but emphasize the fact that it's melee weapon more than range (require player to be surrounded to be effective).

I think it should be a second Glaive.

Perhaps, different flight path would be better than stat change. What if this one deal less damage but once thrown, it files around you in 360 degree and damage everything caught in the path. Could be extremely tricky to use but emphasize the fact that it's melee weapon more than range (require player to be surrounded to be effective).

The stats are described as "optional" for a reason.

Personally I'd rather not have the stats of the weapon changed by a cosmetic skin, but DE has done that with other skins, so I'm just providing some suggestions on that basis.

I like your idea of a 360 flight path though. I was going to suggest perhaps increasing the number of rebounds the Io would do before returning to you. 

The stats are described as "optional" for a reason.

Personally I'd rather not have the stats of the weapon changed by a cosmetic skin, but DE has done that with other skins, so I'm just providing some suggestions on that basis.

I like your idea of a 360 flight path though. I was going to suggest perhaps increasing the number of rebounds the Io would do before returning to you. 

i dont like the stat changing anyway, just need to look all fancy and sparkly

Edit:

Not intentionally no - but if it looks like that - AWESOME :D 

http://www.sampleireland.com/images/celtic-eternity-knots.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3041/2774108776_b9573d7084.jpg

Edited by Depar

I like it, very well proposed.

Now does it expand and contract ins size like the current glaive?  Would you still be able to mount it to your forearm?

How would the tenno hold it? 

I like the idea though, very nice art, skillfully rendered.

I like it, very well proposed.

Now does it expand and contract ins size like the current glaive?  Would you still be able to mount it to your forearm?

How would the tenno hold it? 

I like the idea though, very nice art, skillfully rendered.

Yes, being made of morphics - the outer shell splits open and closed, to save on animation assets - it functions identically to the current glaive.

I am planning to do a little diagram to explain the opening sequence when I get the chance. 

Yes, being made of morphics - the outer shell splits open and closed, to save on animation assets - it functions identically to the current glaive.

I am planning to do a little diagram to explain the opening sequence when I get the chance. 

it should aswer you questen @GratuitousLurking

I do not like this filth on my Glaive. Do not ruin the only true throwback to Dark Sector with "Tron" and your children's show.

I'll tip my hat and you can tip your fedora.

Why so rude? a simple "i dont like it because ***" would be enough

and wtf are wrong with fedora's, there are awesome

Why so rude? a simple "i dont like it because ***" would be enough

and wtf are wrong with fedora's, there are awesome

I think we can all agree that fedora's are awesome. If you cannot, you're only exposing your own lack of culture :P