Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Glaive - Short Story

Tesseract_The_Pariah

I throw the Glaive, and keep running.

It spins in the air, talons outstretched and eager to rend flesh, metal and bone. An instant later, it meets the outstretched arm of a Grineer Lancer, tearing through his armor and sinew. He screams as his right arm flies from its socket.

He reaches for the stump, but he cant feel his left arm.. Confused, he looks at it - suddenly another stump. Under his helmet, there is a look of bewildered confusion, which is blurred into a fine red mist as a Lato bullet tears through his face, and out the back of his head. The bullet pings against the inside of his helmet, and he finally falls down.

Meanwhile, in the air the Glaive comes back to me. It always does. As if it is of my own sinew and flesh, my body. I reach my hand out for it, not afraid of the blades. It is an extension of me; my will, my body, my mind. It is incapable of hurting me. Milliseconds before it comes in contact with my hand, the blades retract and dull themselves, relaxing. Almost like the claws of a mighty tiger.

Paying no heed to the gunfire, I boost myself off a crate in front of me and fly into the air. Feeling my intentions, the Glaive tenses up. It gets excited. The claws fling out, and it is thrown towards another Lancer.

Before he could scream, his head is freed from his body. He has one more millisecond of consciousness, and then dies as his body goes limp.

Before I hit the ground, the Glaive returns to me. But I do not yet give it rest. My arm raised, the Glaive cleaves yet another Lancer in half as I come down. I meet the ground, and turn, the Glaive ready. I carve a Lancer down the middle, rotate 90 degrees, and dispatch the last with a Lato.

The Glaive relaxes as its talons retract. Dripping with blood, it flips underneath my forearm, and collapses in on itself, like a flower at dusk.

Edited by Gaminus

I got to say: were you trying to advertise the purchasing of the glaive...you have done an awesome job. Very poetic as well. If you started little short stories like this about new equipment and such you have my support. :)

I throw the Glaive, and it clips cleanly through the Toxicants I fight. It glitches through them unheeded, causing no harm even whence it returns through their model.

Being the buggy weapon it is, it retracts as the Toxicants swarm and corrode my armour to dust.

Good story, mate, I just have a glitchy computer.

I hurl my glaive with all my might toward the head of an ancient, only to realize too late that the game host has bad internet. I watch as my weapon hovers in place for a good 10 seconds before finally taking flight, as I'm suddenly swarmed by my enemies. As I lie  dying it returns to me. With my last breath I curse the host and his poor computer and internet.

Just a short sad tale that sums up about half of my missions so far. That said, I still love my glaive and do not regret buying it at all. When I do get lucky enough to be playing with a good host it is a thing of absolute beauty.

Edited by ZanderWild