Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Lytra, The Guardian[Now With Artwork!(2/7/15)]

Cohee

Sturdy, Sharp and Elegant. These three elements that created the warframe named Lytra the Guardian.

This will be the first art for this concept! It is incomplete and a work in the making!

sMRjz3z.jpg

Details for the art if misunderstood

Helmet - this is not a helmet with 2 big eyes. it is a big orb like mag with a beetle type of helmet attached from outside.
Body - do you see those shell things? they aren't attached but are floating shield fragments!
Wings? - those aren't really fairy wings, they are once again floating shield fragments that come to form at the back

p.s. this is an unfinished concept and i'd like the community to know what it can look like (she does lack body detail, so we're working on that

-----------------------------------

Let's get started!

The basic stats and info

Lytra, the Guardian
Hp : 80 ~> 220 at rank 30
Power : 100 ~> 200 at rank 30
Armour : 330
Shield capacity : 125 ~> 250 at rank 30
Sprint speed : 0.9
Stamina : 100
Polarities : 1 Dash Polarity and 1 D Polarity
Aura Polarity : 1 D Polarity

The basic skills (in no order and my personal choice from the skills i created and some are not from the list)

Nature's shield : Lytra separates and gathers her shield from body parts to the center to perform a strong blow that creates a giant image of the shield which flings away enemies dealing damage of 100 / 150 / 250 / 350 / 500, with a bonus of 10 / 20 / 30 / 45 x No. of enemies . (2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6.5 meters travelling distance) (Impact damage)

Imagination version of what is happening

Think like a sturdy but sharp movement of an earthbender! 

1.She stomps the floor with a frontal movement of her leg

2.In a spiral body motion with her arms, she punches the shield

3.Separate shield fragments form as a shield in front of her in a spiral motion

(movements 1 to 3 are one move)

4.The punched shield now made a large force shield push that spirals enemies

Aegis : Lytra's body shields separate from her granting her sprint speed of 1.0. The shields are then transferred to other warframes in a constant circulating manner for flat armor addition of 20 / 50 / 75 / 100 / 175 for a duration of 5 / 6 / 7 / 10 / 15 seconds. (optional balance : slows down affected warframes by 0.5 movement speed) (She also loses 10% of her total armor)

Elegance is all i can say

1.Points forward

2.shields form around her

3.shields home to designated team mates 

4.shields now circulate team mates

(this might make Lytra MORE SEXY! :D and less shieldy as her shields have taken off)

Provoked Ruin : Lytra sends out a piercing cry and attracting all enemies to attack her. Lytra gathers 25 energy for activation then consumes 1.5 / 2 / 2.5 / 3 / 4 energy per second and transfers them to the shields on her arms and legs, separating from her and begins to circulate her at amazing speed that any enemy that comes close will be constantly damaged with 25 / 50 / 80 per second. ( Lytra and shields distance is 1 meter away from each other.) (slash damage) (optional balance : range attackers have a 25% / 30% / 35% / 40% / 50% chance of switching to melee)

Trivia : you can move around with Provoked Ruin, this is not a stationary skill like Nyx' Absorb

1.She fists bumps the air above her 

2.The shield fragments formed to be sharper

3.The shield fragments now circulate her in a pointed manner (away from her)

(more sexy-ness with blades *-* or shield blades baaah!)

Grand Slam : Lytra Jumps high then positions herself face up, gathers her shields to her front then smashes to the ground delivering a shock wave that knocks back enemies both airborne and ground for a distance of 3 / 4 / 5 meters away while also dealing damage of 250 / 450 / 800

1.Jumps like the height of Excalibur but laying face up in mid air "___O" <~ her head is the circle and the line is the shield

2.The big shield fragments on her back are stable and hardened

3.The big shield separates from her 

4.She turns a 180* degrees facing down 

5.She smashes downward with her shield

6.boom shockwave :D

A story intro

When the time of the old war broke out there was a call for a new type of defensive frames to protect the elders and the leaders of the Orokin. Some say that the project was just a myth, another rumour, and called a failure which was never shared among others.

In a day of war a Sentient spy was ordered to kill an Orokin of high rank. It had successfully intercepted the Orokin defenses unnoticed and finally was in the tower to deliver its duty. It was however stopped by something.

Something stood over the door of the tower, it wasn't big and it wasn't moving, it had elegance just by looking at it. A figure that cannot be said into words, a shield for the door. The spy alarmed, he then walked with caution around it, until a quick flash stopped him.

In front of him we're what seems to be a part of the guardian, a floating shield, it was then followed by other shields surrounding him and then in a few seconds... the shields quickly rotated around the now paralysed spy encircling him closer and closer. *scream!*

We never heard from that casualty again and neither did the sentients knew what it was. It was covered up, and hidden.

....(after war)

Now after the war and the Tenno's betrayal against the Orokin, It stood still and defended with it's life, it was brainwashed. Other warframes tried to subdue it, but by no means her defense was the her best offense, but alas in the end she was cut into pieces and her parts scattered.

....(after cryopod)

Now in the current situation where all Tenno are being awaken one by one, the Tenno recollected some fragmented memories of her while venturing. They are now in the mission to sought out the most powerful Defense they'll ever need to protect everything.

....(the end)

An Elytra can be compared to a strong shield that behind it lies the power to fly great lengths - Anonymous

The concept making

First I'd like to thank my friend for giving me idea of a bug + female + tank!

*deep breathes*

Okay the name Lytra is a letter short for the word Elytra in which case you might've guessed it is the back casing of the beetles wings... Elytra - a name given for their tough shelled wing case on their back!

Why the shield-theme? well pretty obvious from the Elytra thing that it should not only cover the back but also the front and the team! besides we lack another defensive frame aside from Frost and Rhino

Female? I always wanted a female tank! (Valkyr leans on offensive and is like a solo-god mode from what i've seen)

She'll also have levitating shields that come apart from her body similar to like that of Irelia of LoL

and also a horn :D woohoo

I'm pretty much a big fan of the ever vast insect family and was inspired to make a bug themed warframe, hmm maybe because I saw the Ash's alternate helmets?

Other skill ideas

None of these are official! and it is stated as "ideas" that revolve most around her shield and horns, I also decided to have version 1 and 2 of the skills to your liking. please comment below what you'd want for her x) I'll be putting on numbers soon

Swarm - Lytra's hard casing is opened and several insects come out and begin "bugging out" (hehehe) the enemies in a specific radius, causing enemies to randomly be distracted and let their life/shield be sapped out unless they melee (like us)

Aegis v.1 - Lytra's hard casing separates from her body and goes to the other frames circulating them starting with 2 shields that increases per level, each time an enemy hits the shield while active on a frame the damage is brought back to them.

Tremor v.1 - sends out a wave using her horns that knocks enemies away (similar to jackal and the moas) but dependent on the size of the enemy on how far they are sent away

Howl of the beetle v.1 - sends out an ear peircing roar that slows than enemies in a specific radius

Consume v.1 - enemy targeted can be consumed of their Hp and returned to Lytra

o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

Crushing shield - the shields are called out and begin to form a crushing spiral that spins around the caster allowing great access for melee safety

Aegis v.2 - Sends out her shield and begins circulating the caster in a specific radius, Lytra is to move slower.

Tremor v.2 - Since she has a horn, she can smash this to the ground and send out a powerful wave that tosses enemies in a pine cone radius.

Howl of the beetle v.2 - sends out a cry that makes all enemies get "downed" vulnerable to finishers in a specific time span.

Consume v.2 - terrain targetted can be consumed slowly (has channeling time) and regain health depending on terrain (pretty weird)

More skills can be added (soon)

The Design (in words)

From what I see , she is not bulky as some people would imagine, she is slender but covered with shields in a spiral'ish manner from her legs to arms to body.

her head can have a default design with small sized horns, but she can have alternates which either portray a rhinoceros beetle or a stag beetle! (Woohoo!)

Her arms and legs are slender and segmented!

the face.... ugghh..  no idea... like Mag probably or faceless!

Change log :

2/2/15 - added basic stats, skills and tweaked other details
2/3/15 - tweaked basic stats and skills (Removed provoked stand, for provoked ruin, removed final resort for grand slam)
2/5/15 - tweaked stats and all skills except Aegis
2/7/15 - added artwork! (#1)

2/8/15 - added detailed movement of skills

Edited by Meismarc

Hey there !

first and foremost I thank you for having the courage to submit a warframe concept :P
As I just read the Description of the Concept I thought, why not? I think the Warframe Concept in relation to the Design Idea behind it is matching pretty good. +1 point for you ;)

About the Stats of your Warframe. As you wrote Lytra sis the "shield" warframe. So in any her base shield value should definitly be among the highest in warframe, while considering her origin her health should be proportional lower as bugs are done when their "shield" is down.

Might add some decent armor to her so she can be a real tank.

About the abilities, I think in any case that some of these are very decent and interesting abilities. And I'd like to suggest some deep strategies for her, for example:

The Aegis ( liked this one the most), you might change the fact of her getting slower when her shields "separate" from her (by logic she should get lighter right?) you may also add to this that she looses a certain ammount of defence? 

You might also add and/or change one of her abilities to some kind of "shield strike" where she strikes an enemy with her shield pushing him back and causing damage to all enemies he collides with ( just like a ragdoll).

I am not that sure about your consume so I won't talk about it right now, but I think if Howl of the Beetle only buffs the finisher damage, it is going to be a second Contagion and will rarely see use.

I like the concept of Tremor, but I think tremor v2 isn't that great and won't have significant effect on enemies that can shoot like the Corpus and the Grineer, while the Tremor v1 seems to strong as it is described now. You may add some values to them as we don't know if they are knocked down and thrown only 1 meter or 10 meters (10 would definitly be to far imho).

While I think I got a vague idea of how you would like to have her desing, I am still going to wait till you and/or somebody else might create a concept Art so you could judge based upon a shared picture not on your own imagination.

Overall I think this Warframe concept is nice, 

fight on!

greetings,

UltimativesZen

Woohoo~

OH EM GEE SOMEONE REPLIED! FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 1 DAY XD (exaggerated much)

Wierdly the things you've said are what i've been working on the past few hours in edit mode! (like the shield pushing and aegis concept)

Thanks for the opinion :) I think I'll begin on the drawings some other time :D

please check out the new set of skills i've chosen and give me some opinions on balancing them! :D

Edited by Meismarc

Hey it's me again ;)

I just took a look at her base stats and I have to say, the sprint speed of 0.9 matches her as 0.9 is a speed the other "tanks" (frost rhino) also have.

In regards to her power, well there is nothing to declare here it is pretty normal for the warframes. While I think her Armour should be raised by a bit, you have to keep in mind that your now (like it) edited Aegis reduces your Armor, so if you want her to have more armor than Rhino/Frost (190) you should keep in mind that Aegis reduces your Armor by 10% -  220 Armor - 22 (10%) = 198).

The Stamina is ok with 100.

Now to the HP/Shield question.

While I think that a tank SHOULD have High Shield and Health, I don't think that a Base shield of 475 is really ok ( keep in mind +440& (max redirection) and +120% Vigor would result in a total shield of 2660 which is ridiculus high).

The HP of 280 would result in 1568 ( redirection and vigor) which is still really high.

Regarding these Shield and HP values I think her stats don't have downsides and that is a problem. Imho her tankiness is a bit too high, you may trade off some HP and Shield for more armor or vice versa. Or reduce the HP to a relatively low value for a tank.

Regarding her abilites:

Natures Shield:  well as I know where you are going with this ability I don't think it is that bad, you may change the part "pushes away enemies dealing constant damage PER second" into something like " throws the first enemies it hits back dealing damage to any enemy it hits" or "enemies hit turn into ragdolls and damage every enemie hit" as it makes more sense. (still up to you)

Aegis: well I can see (both from descr. and the new post) that you had the same idea as me and I think you got a good grip of this ability.

I an not that sure about the armor mechanics, you might have to ask someone else to help you with that one. But overall I really like this ability.

Provoked stand: Well I really like her beeing able to taunt enemies into attacking her, but you should really think about her energy depletion with that one as she might turn into a "nyx power generator" when combined with a Nyx Absorb while fighting corpus or grineer) in any case for a tank a formidable ability. this is a ability you might not want to use in high waves, but it can help getting a little breather (e.g. distracting a enemy while a fellow teammate gets revived). The gamer in me says, take the damage reflection, but the balance in my head cries for the  damage reduction. I really am sitting here with twisted feelings, as both options seem very viable and interesting.

Final Resort: Her "Ultimate" would be the 4th, "full" toggle ability and I really like beeing able to toggle my abilities. I think the effect is nice and decent, but not a real kill ultimate while still keeping a nice side effect, the slash proc can deal damage later on when the enemies have damn high shields and make a good combination with her 3.

Overall I think the edits are nice, while the HP and shield may need to be reworked. You might as well consider raising her energy from 150 to 200 as she seems very dependant on her abilities.

fight on!

UltimativesZen

Hi there!

It is me again, I raised back from the dead using nekros who told me I should follow important topics ;).

First of, thank you for relying on my feedback and matching the values so fast.

I will begin with Lytra's Stats.

I think her HP value is OK as it is now, with her achieving a max of aroud ~1500 HP with max vitality and Vigor.

I still think her shield value is to high considering that she can still achive 1430 shield only with a maxed Redirection and even 1820 with a maxed vigor.

I would recommend lowering the value by another 50 to 275 so she isn't so heavy reliant on her Shield.

The new armor Value is Ok (keeping in mind that Valkyr has 600) considering the fact that Aegis lowers her Armor temporarily.

Stamina and Sprint speed didn't need change and are ok.

About the Porlarity:

The Aura Polarity is ok, I think you took the Vazarin ("D") for stuff like rejuvenation which is ok, even though I think players are later going to change it to Naramon ("-").

The Warframe Polarities are absolutely ok, you can fit a fleeting expertise in the Naramon and for example a steel fiber in the Vazarin.

Now the Abilities!:

Nature's Shield:

I think the Ability is nice, but I think the part describing the damage multiplier of enemies hit by it should either be lowered or capped, just imagine the facte you would hit around 12 enemies

which can occur in a Void Defence, it would result in 50/65/75/100 * 12 == 600/780/900/1200 extra damage. The damage type matches the kind of attack, while I still would decrease the range the

shield travels.

Aegis:

I think the aegis is ok the way it is, I have not really something to fix my eyes :P

Now we got in a bind with Provoked Ruin and Grand Slam, I can describe BOTH abilities and I have to say.. you have to choose which one to nerf as both of them are capable of beeing a ultimate.

Provoked Ruin is a Ultimate getting stronger the longer it is cast (expands) and regarding the fact that it is a toggle on/off ability it would either have to be a ultimate or be nerfed in range

damage or and energy consumption.

While Grand Slam deals a lot of Damage, it also has a strong CC effect on it allowing for spamming if not used as a high energy ability or Ultimate. If you decide to nerf Grand Slam,

you could concentrate on the damage as the CC is ok in my eyes.

have a digital cookie for your effort *hands over cookie*

Fight on!

UltimativesZen

Edited by UltimativesZen

Whoopsie doo~!

*Grabs Cookie and Noms on it!* Thanks man :)

I feel sad and almost on the "give up" road but you keep me tweaking so I'll soon post my stickman skill concepts!

I'm sad because... Uhmm its like i get only opinions from you x( I want moreee so i can improve moaaar! You keep me alive for this XD so i'll do it

Question ... are the attractive warframe concepts are the offensive ones? because i saw a few get already a second page yet they posted after me...

but i like Defensive sooo.. :/ meh

btw I tweaked the stats and the skills more :)

Edited by Meismarc

Many people just like to kill everything and don't want to play supporting warframes ( just count the trinities you see when you play with randoms and you will see) 

The point is, most of them want a tank in the team but don't want to be the tank. Defensive Warframes might need more awareness than others especially if you play a supportive tank like lytra is concepted as.

Many people just like to kill everything and don't want to play supporting warframes ( just count the trinities you see when you play with randoms and you will see) 

The point is, most of them want a tank in the team but don't want to be the tank. Defensive Warframes might need more awareness than others especially if you play a supportive tank like lytra is concepted as.

Do you support Tanky / Utility / Support frames? 

LOL I'M A TRINITY PLAYER X) ALSO A LIMBO :3 I FEEL LIKE THEY"RE UNDERPLAYED SO I MAIN THEN ALOOOT! :D

LYTRA SHALL BE MADEEEE!!!

What ya think of the edit now? o-o

Edited by Meismarc

I there!

Well I think her shield and HP values are ok now and it animates ppl to play more tactically.

Her armor is ok , but i'd like to see some kind of use for it in a ability if you know what I mean for example adding the armor value as damage or giving aegis a % boost based on Lytras max Armor.

And I think the Damage tweaks are well done.

we definitly need some more opinions because I run out of them,

sorry for the not so deep reviewing but stats are ok and I have nothing to nag about  ;)

we have to get some ppl to review her, I like her pretty much!

here have another digital cookie *hands over cookie*

fight on!

UltimativesZen

Honestly I love the idea that this could happen. Back a year and a half ago when I started playing, I loved Rhino. I played Rhino every game, and not one time was I disappointed with his tank style play. This Idea could easily take off... A support type tank is what this game needs. I would love to see some concepts and general artwork if you had any. I don't really like how the Frost warframe's design is, so I would be happier if it didnt look anything like Frost... (I know you aren't here just to please me, but hey I can try right? :P) I hope they take this idea. Honestly, we have too many offensive frames. Tank is love, tank is life

fight on!

UltimativesZen

Thanks for helping me tweak all this time! :D I'll tweak Aegis on last time :) and thanks for the cookies!

Honestly I love the idea that this could happen. Back a year and a half ago when I started playing, I loved Rhino. I played Rhino every game, and not one time was I disappointed with his tank style play. This Idea could easily take off... A support type tank is what this game needs. I would love to see some concepts and general artwork if you had any. I don't really like how the Frost warframe's design is, so I would be happier if it didnt look anything like Frost... (I know you aren't here just to please me, but hey I can try right? :P) I hope they take this idea. Honestly, we have too many offensive frames. Tank is love, tank is life

Hmmm I see :D a new opinion giver has arrived!

Yes tanks are love and life <3 ... DONT WORRY THE DESIGN AINT THAT FAT LIKE FROST (I use to like him the moment i saw  him but when i got him... he's fat)

I'll get on to the drawing board soon x( but don't expect any "omg that design is soooo awesome" kind of thing xD prepare to be stickman'ized!

Holy crap, it's a Kamen Rider - want one.

It needs a "cast-off" ability, breaking shields for a radial blast with maybe a temporal buff to armor?

Either way, +1. I like this concept.

Holy crap, it's a Kamen Rider - want one.

It needs a "cast-off" ability, breaking shields for a radial blast with maybe a temporal buff to armor?

Either way, +1. I like this concept.

yey :3 new dude

Hmm cast-off... some what a skill similar to mags polarize? That disrupts the enemies shields?

Temporal buffs x) Aegis has one :D

yey :3 new dude

Hmm cast-off... some what a skill similar to mags polarize? That disrupts the enemies shields?

Temporal buffs x) Aegis has one :D

I was meaning more like rhino's iron skin augment, where it explodes for radial puncture damage. But I suppose that would make iron shrapnel redundant.

Either way, I still like the concept you've got :)

I was meaning more like rhino's iron skin augment, where it explodes for radial puncture damage. But I suppose that would make iron shrapnel redundant.

Either way, I still like the concept you've got :)

Oh noes x) I've already been there i don't want that :3 besides with enough imagination this is warframe basicly is a combination of

Beetle

+

Earth bending moves (sturdy and sharp movements)

+

Shielded theme

+

Female elegance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hey there, 

Currently there is a sandbox thread on a new Female Warframe running in the council, as the rules allow any theme I wanted to ask if I could recommend / enlist your Warframe Idea and link your thread in the Design Council, the Council Collects submissions till the 1st April (no April prank) and would vote the 2. April.

I won't recommend it unless you allow me to, if you allow me to do so, maybe you could make a small note on the original post that you allowed me officially to enlist the Concept.

fight on!