Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth 2.0 : Quality Of Life Ideas(Possible Synergy With Spy 2.0!)

unknow99

Wassup tenno,

Coming from my Moves 2.0 ideas(ledge mechanics & grab attacks), let's open a new chapter I really appreciate, a chapter this game really needs to make more polished. A chapter that matters, with the approach of Spy 2.0.

Many players ask for it, and it'd be a good option for those who get bored fast of slaughtering everything in sight.

Let's get down to business :

2YTFTfe.jpg

* I repeat : Mirage is already using it! We just have to expand it...

** Instead of making expansive ways in tilesets, these little elements of gameplay are not only retroactive, 

*** Goes in parallel with I).

**** To avoid making stealth kills too OP with a straight one hit ko, to still make it viable. Stealth finishers on Moas need to happen to

***** To avoid enemies to block us for long minutes, like they are currently doing when this happens :

(most annoying bug imo)

I'd like feedback, I'd like ideas, I'd like enthusiast ninja brainstorming because men, this gameplay option needs attention in order to offer variety, another way of thunking ingame, and a fun experience for those who seek the old & quiet ways... :)

----------------------------

Other kewl ideas :

- multiple stealth kills (or fast transitions between close targets)

ibuh8sBJd5j3RW.gif <---  This is from you D.E. ... :p

- Air stealth finishers : the enemy is underneath.You jump. You land on him/her. She/He dies.

- "Steal" mechanic : stealth killed enemies have a % chance of dropping another loot. (Nekros keeps his advantage though)

---------------------------

Other 2.0 threads :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355484-moves-20-ledge-mechanics/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/356337-moves-20-part-ii-throws-grabs/

Edited by unknow99

Reduce enemy spawns when there are no alarms. Make them have a set patrol pattern and a 'post', allowing you to plan a strategy. Currently, enemies just wander where they please in large, impenetrable groups.

Another thing, we need some sort of 'alert' meter. Give Tenno a chance to slide out of view when an enemy sees them instead of them instantly seeing the Tenno. 

Cool idea, seriously, the thing is, we WF players, demand Stealth 2.0 (edit: for so long) that I lost hope in it... I just feel that DE will do what they were doing so far (add things that nobody asked for and ignore us [examples: Archwing, Relays, Rescue 2.0]).

Well, the one thing which is left is just spam for Stealth 2.0 all over the WF forums... I guess...?

Edited by RadioLarity

Reduce enemy spawns when there are no alarms. Make them have a set patrol pattern and a 'post', allowing you to plan a strategy. Currently, enemies just wander where they please in large, impenetrable groups.

Another thing, we need some sort of 'alert' meter. Give Tenno a chance to slide out of view when an enemy sees them instead of them instantly seeing the Tenno. 

That would be poor training for the enemy. We learn their 'pattern' then stealth kill them all the time, woo, such a challenge.

Yeah, because enemies should totally just not give a sh*t about that thing they saw that probably shouldn't be there, "oh well, his meter didn't go up, must be just rat or something."

Cool idea, seriously, the thing is, we WF players, demand Stealth 2.0 that I lost hope in it... I just feel that DE will do what they were doing so far (add things that nobody asked for and ignore us [examples: Archwing, Relays, Rescue 2.0]).

Well, the one thing which is left is just spam for Stealth 2.0 all over the WF forums... I guess...?

Naaaah keep faith man.Spy 2.0 is coming, they HAVE to check this aspect of the game...

Otherwise encouraging people to do things this way will be a little contradiction.

I sincerely don't see it possible, because the game is too much focused on "Action" and "Gun and Run", the vast majority of missions are based on these and Warframes' Skills too.

It would require a vast effort to change the actual situation. 
The possibilities would be to merge the 2 styles together or to create 2 different modes, one promoting action and the other stealth.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/392168-spy-20-preview/?p=4359500

Without bashing Spy 2.0, which I think it's really interesting, I'd like to analize the Stealth approach for it.

I don't think that just an higher reward would promote stealthy gameplay, the gameplay itself should be rewarding to attract people.

Imho to have Stealth gameplay working, there should be a precise split between Action -which is the predominant among all game modes- and Stealth which atm is just optional and borderline even for stealth-based missions.

Actually you can play every mission  in Action or Gun and Run, just few of them can be played in Stealth:

> Action based modes: Assassination, Capture, Deception*, Defense, Excavation, Exterminate*, Hijack, Interception, Mobile Defense, Rescue 2.0*, Sabotage/Hive, Spy*, Survival (9+4)

> Wannabe Stealth based modes: Deception*, Exterminate*, Recovery, Rescue2.0, Spy 2.0. (3+2)

To make Stealth missions working, the Gun and Run play should be punished with a deterrence in favor of Stealth, not the opposite, which happens in the vast majority of game modes. Without being frustrating, of course.

(PS: I can't understand why Assassination isn't properly structured like Spy2.0 to give you the choice of breaking through the enemy defense lines to the VIP target or passing through them by a stealthy way...)

Edited by Burnthesteak87

That would be poor training for the enemy. We learn their 'pattern' then stealth kill them all the time, woo, such a challenge.

Yeah, because enemies should totally just not give a sh*t about that thing they saw that probably shouldn't be there, "oh well, his meter didn't go up, must be just rat or something."

I guess the meter and patrol areas are bad, but what to do with multiple enemies looking at each other (so far they didn't give a sh*t, I "hated" it in the other topic though). I guess we could have multiple enemies finishers OR grenades at, freaking, last (we could get for example smoke bomb/tear gas version)... I dunno...

Edited by RadioLarity

Cloudy got a point : they can react in an unpredictable way. However, the point V) is made to counter this before they could implement a patrol pattern(it must need some more work). They are unpredictable? Okay, let's distract them to make them predictable.... See? :)

I sincerely don't see it possible, because the game is too much focused on "Action" and "Gun and Run", the vast majority of missions are based on these and Warframes' Skills too.

The possibilities would be to merge the 2 styles together or to create 2 different modes, one promoting action and the other stealth.

Of course, it'd be used for Sabotage,Deception,Spy & Rescue!! These are not for endless mission types... :p

They would of course investigate what they saw. It would be nothing more than a small window to allow Tenno to jump into the shadows and escape their view. Heck, they would probably even gather some of their friends and investigate together, to avoid being picked off. 

The possibilities would be to merge the 2 styles together or to create 2 different modes, one promoting action and the other stealth, without making it too much frustrating.

I might be possible on specific missions where Ninja'ing is mandatory and the levels are designed with dedicated tilesets (can be modified versions of regular ones).

Or maybe readjusting the Spy missions where if you get caught they will delete/transfer all the data within a timed period. Exceeding it would lead to failed mission and so acting with a stealthy approach.

That could also be promoted by giving extra experience/points to the player that had been detected less times and/or dealt more stealth kills.

I fully endorse everything in the first post, such a+ ideas, would be must desires for stealth gameplay. (also the artwork is great on its own ;D)

and lets not for whoever said the alert meter, i mean i get it's intended as a balancing measure but its so unrealistic man. like nobody is going to see a giant humanoid being with more than likely glowing sigils and be like "i must be seeing things", especially when they know such persons are likely to attack them. and sheesh i am horrible at examples. but yes no. 

patterns in movement though, sure. 

I fully endorse everything in the first post, such a+ ideas, would be must desires for stealth gameplay. (also the artwork is great on its own ;D)

and lets not for whoever said the alert meter, i mean i get it's intended as a balancing measure but its so unrealistic man. like nobody is going to see a giant humanoid being with more than likely glowing sigils and be like "i must be seeing things", especially when they know such persons are likely to attack them. and sheesh i am horrible at examples. but yes no. 

patterns in movement though, sure. 

My second suggestion would be some kind of indicator of an enemies cone of vision. 

Okay, I'm seeing wise suggestions here, keep 'em coming!

The stealth indeed needs some solid rewards in order to make them appealing for those who want to try it not" just for the lulz".

This isn't from me, but a cool tenno suggested this : you have some special lockers. They got some nice loot inside BUT if you ring the alarm = BOOM locked!

My second suggestion would be some kind of indicator of an enemies cone of vision. 

We could do  that with a mod or even the scanner! Right now it's just a simple codex filler. Why not give it more roles, like hacking from a distance or something?