Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sword Coast Legends (Digital Extremes And N-Space Collaboration)!

[DE]Rebecca

Hello Tenno!

Some pretty exciting Digital Extremes news is coming, and although it isn't Warframe related, it's still something we want to share on our forums since it does involve DE!

With over 2 years of Warframe development (and team growth) here at Digital Extremes, we've reached a point where we are able to help developers who are in the same position we were years ago: having a team with skills and heart to make games, and an urge to step away from publishers to do their own thing!

Digital Extremes is collaborating with the team at n-SPACE to release an exciting new RPG set within a world-renowned fantasy franchise!

The collaboration we're offering isn't development focused -- it's mostly the guidance and publishing support we wish we had when we were starting out. As I post this, the DE crew you know is working away on the next major Warframe update (myself included when I finish writing this), while a handful of marketing & publishing brains get things ready for this exciting collaboration. If you're nerds at heart like us, you should be excited too!

As James Schmalz, Digital Extremes CEO puts it: "We learned many valuable lessons along the way and now have the means and talent to help another independent developer achieve a level of success not possible with conventional publisher relationships. And so that's what we're doing,"

Check back next week for the big announcement on the coming n-SPACE developed title!

More info here: http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/04/veteran-work-for-hire-studio-n-space-teams-up-with-warframe-studio-to-make-something-of-its-own/

waterfall or agile?

is this a 60buck and done game?

what is the project you're helping publish? what influence will you guys have other than support? will we see DE elements in the project the N-space team is developing?

as a PC comsumer is it a title I'd be interested in? it seems like N-space has done alot of subwork (dev) for other companie's IPs. is this going to be a DE IP with N-space devs?

is this going to be a 3DS game.....? not excited if it is.

UnrealRPG confirmed?

Darkness 3?

a startrek RPG?

Is DE going to become the next EA? (without being total asshats)

buying/promoting IPs and acquiring/contracting other dev. studios to publish titles?

Edited by VioDuskar

Hello Tenno!

Some pretty exciting Digital Extremes news is coming, and although it isn't Warframe related, it's still something we want to share on our forums since it does involve DE!

With over 2 years of Warframe development (and team growth) here at Digital Extremes, we've reached a point where we are able to help developers who are in the same position we were years ago: having a team with skills and heart to make games, and an urge to step away from publishers to do their own thing!

Digital Extremes is collaborating with the team at n-SPACE to release an exciting new RPG set within a world-renowned fantasy franchise!

The collaboration we're offering isn't development focused -- it's mostly the guidance and publishing support we wish we had when we were starting out. As I post this, the DE crew you know is working away on the next major Warframe update (myself included when I finish writing this), while a handful of marketing & publishing brains get things ready for this exciting collaboration. If you're nerds at heart like us, you should be excited too!

As James Schmalz, Digital Extremes CEO puts it: "We learned many valuable lessons along the way and now have the means and talent to help another independent developer achieve a level of success not possible with conventional publisher relationships. And so that's what we're doing,"

Check back next week for the big announcement on the coming n-SPACE developed title!

More info here: http://venturebeat.com/2015/02/04/veteran-work-for-hire-studio-n-space-teams-up-with-warframe-studio-to-make-something-of-its-own/

This should be interesting to see. I can't wait to see what game comes out of this! Best of luck to the DE Collab team and n-SPACE!

AWWWWW YISSSSSSSS!! Pleassssseeeeee God, my only wish is that DE will make this game to be Final Fantasy Warframe... or Skyrim-frame, Elder-frame Online, Warframe: Inquisition, Warframe: Wild Hunts... or just MMORG Warframe Online...

Even though they are not the one who makes the game... Open World Warframe plz... with vehicles plz...

This is a very nice thing to do. Good on DE!

It's always great to see collaborations, and now I'm interested to see what the game is.

Me too.

Also, either way is all good. Whether DE only does guidance or involves in developments, I will most likely buy whatever DE is involved, and even another F2P. Because DE has the talents, awesome dev team, and proper F2P model (and I'm sure more), that not another one in the market can duplicate and can do like Warframe has done thus far.