Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blade Storm Not Dealing Intended Damage Anymore (And Other Blade Storm Bugs List)

aerosoul1337

Blade Strom has a lot of bugs, but something NEW that i can not bear.

But all these old and new bugs are kinda hard to provide image to describe.

1. Blade Strom not Dealing standard damage anymore.

Now it deals only about 95% of the original damage (tested on all factions, non eximus).

Without Power Strength mod,

it deals 19xx damage instead of 2000,

and 29xx damage on 1.5X melee counter meter (instead of 3000 damage)

and 39xx damage on 2.0X melee counter meter (instead of 4000 damage).

I don't think this is a stealth nerf, it's a bug.

But if Devs don't fix old bug and keep making new, i would consider quit :'(

2. Blade Strom melee counter is not increasing by clones if you are not the HOST.

3. Blade Strom performs a lot slower if you are not the HOST.

4. Blade Strom may performs stealth finisher according to your melee weapon ONLY when you are not the HOST.

And this isn't visual effect only, those count to melee kill instead of ability kill.

Even this could possibly inflict more damage,  but if your melee weapon is not well modded (or no melee weapon equipped), it deals poor damage. And this causes lag between each attack. Thus causes slow performance.

And this will NOT happen if you are the HOST.

5. Blade Strom teleports Ash to the abyss and causes instant death, sometimes revive will cause another instant death again.

6. Sometimes Ash stuck in air while performing Blade Storm, and can not recover to normal status.

7. Blade Strom finisher damage can not bypass shield anymore.

Edited by aerosoul1337

yeah ive experienced a few times when i fall to the bottom of the universe, it looks pretty down there, even took a few screenshots, the problem i face more often is that, i have max range but sometimes my bladestorm wont hit enemies in the next room even if their relatively close

this usually happens in the void

@frankonator. Blade storm not marking enemies in another room is inteneded if im not wrong. It only targets enemies in the room where the original target is located. even if the radius is very large. that´d need confirmation.

falling through the map is related to lag issues. therefore, is highly unlikely that this will happen being the host. the only way to avoid this from happening is casting blade storm mid-air (jump then cast) or standing in a catwalk or any other high floor that is not the bottom of the map. i havent had this issue in a long time, but i also avoid casting abilities as much as i can. i already suggested to change the animation to the one used for teleport, where ash spawns a few inches above ground, or to just change the existing animation and make it spawn above ground as well. this should give enough time for the character to recover it´s collision meshes before touching ground again (before returning to the original cast position).

stuck in blade storm is also related to lag. as i see it, you get stuck when the original (or other marked target, i dont really know) dies before its reached by blade storm. perhaps a package lost in the networking data has to do with it too. i cant think of an easy solution for that issue.

Yes, being client and using blade storm is really bugged ATM. The laggest the worst. Sometimes i am even able to shoot at targets or even perform a full reload animation while in blade storm. Melee finishers during blade storm are also something common. but only happnes as client.

In short, 90% of blade storm´s bugs are lag related, not much that DE can do about that without remaking the whole ability (except for falling through the map, thats an easy fix for me... but then again i know little to nothing about code and stuff)

now, damage. im still very confused about blade storm damage. its very incosistent, but along all enemy units. at some point i was worried that it was dealing slash damage instead of finisher damage. but after some testing i realized that it didnt matter if the enemy was flesh only, or if it has armor or shields. you would see numbers of all kinds (when you actually get the chance to see any numbers). Although, i do see the numbers split when i hit shielded enemies, almost like part of the damage goes to the shield (blue numbers) and part directly to the health. i need to test this in more deph. sadly my PC is not strong enough to record videos with enough quality to actually see any numbers. ill give it a try anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Your video shows 312+2683 = 2995 damage

your combo counter is 1.5X, 2000*1.5 = 3000.

So it should be a 3000 clean finisher damage to health, instead of 312 + 2683.

By the way, test on Grinner and Infested @ combo counter 1.0 will deal 1997 Damage, not 2000.

It used to deal very accurate damage like 2000/3000/4000.

You could never see a number like19xx on non-shielded target before update 15.x.

• 2 months later...

@frankonator. Blade storm not marking enemies in another room is inteneded if im not wrong. It only targets enemies in the room where the original target is located. even if the radius is very large. that´d need confirmation.

Yep a lot of bug are client side/lag related.

But once Blade Storm is activated, it mark up to 18 targets nearby your target, Line of Sight is NOT required for marking other targets. Otherwise this skill will be very very weak.

You can even hit enemies in different floor. LoS is only required for activation.

But sometimes you still miss target right beside your  main target. (and you hit 4~5 targets only)

I think they did change something for Blade Storm, there are some more bugs:

1. It can now fall off map WHILE performing attack, and causes Blade Storm to stop.

Leave marked target still red forever.

2. Sometimes you just NOT come back to the initial position, it ends suddenly and puts you to the last attack position.

Edited by aerosoul1337

• 3 weeks later...

i understand but is that small difference a big issue or?

iSuppose that would depend on what you're fighting & if that % is the % needed to kill it before your ultra finishes and it kills you or a team mate. But even underpowered like mine is, it still manages to kill, though I think thats mostly do to the finisher dmg/weapon and/or Melee Kounter+

Will look into this though, Ash, thats my bro.

-V