Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Waxne - Wax And Wane Of Life Force [Caution: Complicate Concept] [8/2/2015 Edited : Ability 1 Addition]

climatiseur

[Edited 8/2/2015 ]

-----

Waxne - Wax and Wane of Life Force[Edited 8/2/2015 ] 

I gave him a name and added some description details. 

Ability 1 : addition of fear effect of the sentinel.

Before the name was given, it was refereed as "HE". Thus you will see replies using "HE" to announce the frame.

Caution – concept might be complicated. It is suggested that you read carefully add thoroughly. If you are mentally tired, consider saving this thread and return when you are in good form :D If you wish.

-----

Waxne - Wax and Wane of Life Force

As told by his name, Waxne controls the stream of life force as the wax and wane of the moon. He teases all the livings in the battlefield between his fingers - including his own life.

Stat.

As the manipulator of life force, Waxne needs to be naturally tough and some what more defensive.

Health: 450 at lv 30

Shield: 450 at lv 30

Energy: 150 at lv 30

armor : 95

stamina : 100

sprint speed : 0.9

Aura polarity :Defense

Polarities: 1 X Defense, 1 X attack

Abilities .

1.Suicidal Force 25 energy

Waxne summons an exclusive bloodthirsty sentinel, which suck on Waxne's health constantly. In return, the more health is consumed, the more damage boost the sentinel will provide to Waxne’s currently equipping weapon, either range or melee. [Edited +] Sentinel also provides a small radius of fear effects which effectiveness depends on how much health it consumed.

Health sucked rate: 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 health per second.

Maximum health that can be consumed – 100 / 200 / 300 / 400

% boost to attack per 1 hp - 0.1 / 0.15 / 0.2 / 0.25 (i.e at max rank, 100 health consumed = +25% damage boost)

This ability will be canceled when 

1. toggle the ability again. 

2. The shield of Waxne is depleted.

Upon it is cancelled, the sentinel will return a proportion of consumed health to Waxne.

Proportion – 20 / 40 / 60 / 80%

Examples:

At rank 1,

Maximum health that can be consumed by the sentinel is 100.

Maximum % boost to attack = 100 X 0.1 = +10%

Time to reach maximum boost = 100 / 5 = 20s

At Max rank, (without modding)

Maximum health that can be consumed by the sentinel is 400

Maximum % boost to attack = 400 X 0.25 = +100%

Time to reach maximum boost = 400 / 20 = 20s (unchanged)

-Modding Strength will affect maximum health that can be consumed, hence increasing boost to attack.

-Strength also affects the health consumption rate.

**While in effect, shield recharges delay increase 50%. And shield recharging rate decrease 50%.

** This skill may results in suicide. Going down this way will not cancel the ability, instead if Waxne has been revived, the damage boost will remain.

** Only the health consumed / returned by the sentinel will affect damage boost. Health lost / gain due to other effects will not affect damage boost.

** Excessive health returned to Waxne can be converted to shield and overshield

**Health consumption by sentinel DOES NOT have any effect with the mod “Rage”   and "Quick Thinking". i.e. Sentinel does not consume your energy as life force. If your health reaches 0 by the sucking of sentinel, you down even you have quick thinking.

**[8/2/2015]  Consuming life force grants the sentinel a fear effect towards nearby enemies in a radius of 6 / 7 /8 m . The triggering chance is equal to the proportion  of health it consumed. This effect is non-moddable.

2 Lifeforce shift  50 energy

Waxne instantly switches a single target’s stats with his own. Pinpoint by the aiming.

The stats include – Health, Sheid, Armor, Suicidal Force Sentinel and various status effects.

These effects will remain until

1. Waxne toggle the ability again
  2. The target is dead or Waxne is downed
  3. Ability duration has been reached.

Ability duration – 15 / 18 / 21 / 24s

Cast range – 25 / 30 / 35 / 40m

The above are affected by duration and range mods.

*Excessive health can be converted into shields and overshields.

Regarding how this ability works with Suicidal Force:

*If Suicidal Force sentinel is shifted to the target, its effects will also be shifted to the target, meaning the health consumption and attack boost will be shifted from Waxne to target.

*Sentinel consumes health from the target directly, neglecting shield and armor just like how it works on Waxne.

*If the duration of this ability run out / end first, the sentinel will return to Waxne with the concerned effects.

*Sentinel can eventually kill the target.

*Sentinel will returns to Waxne after the target is dead

*Waxne can toggle 1 again to cancel the effect on the target.

*Sentinel will not replenish target’s health on any circumstances.

*Fear effect is still valid when the sentinel is staying on the enemy. But the radius is count around sentinel, not Waxne.

*When this ability ends, only armor value and sentinel will reset / return to Waxne. Others stats such as health and shield will not be changed.

3. Holy Sacrifice 75 energy

Waxne shares his total life force with his nearby teammates evenly.

(Total life force = overshields, shields, health and also life force stored by Suicidal Force sentinel)

Effective range: 30 / 35 / 40 / 50m

Range affected by range mods.

** The total life force will be divided according to the numbers of teammates in the team.

Eg.

If the total life force of Waxne is 2400, (600 overshield, shield, health, storage of sentinel respectively) and there are 4 members in the team, Waxne will have 600 hp remains, while each of the other 3 teammates will received 600 life force, it can be converted to overshield / shield or health, depending on the players situation.

**This will only use up the storage of Suicidal Force sentinel, and reset the damage boost, BUT will not cancel the ability.

**The life force will be shared following this order – Storage of sentinel > Overshield > Shield > Health

4.Yin-Yang Balance 100 energy

Waxne creates two Life force harmony planes. One is around his location, another at around where Waxne is aiming.

How it works:

1. The two planes shares an equal total life force together.
  2. Hence, any damage done by the enemy / tenno will be shared by all the livings inside the 2 planes. i.e. All the damage done are actually reducing the life force of all people / things within the two planes.
  3. Thus, all the livings inside the two planes can be downed at the same time eventually.
  4. The storage of Suicidal Force Sentinel DOES NOT count in the Yin-Yang Planes.
  5. While inside the planes, Suicidal Force Sentinel WILL NOT be cancelled upon Waxne’s shield is depleted.
  6. Whenever Waxne is within either one of the plane, both the planes are locked. Nothing “existence” can get out or enter the planes. Any attempt will be repelled back with a small stagger.
  7. However, bullets and projectiles, thrown melee or abilities can enter or go out the planes and still be effective.
  8. If Waxne is not in either one of the plane, the plane does not have the “Lock effect” mentioned above. “Existence” can move freely in or out the plane.
  9. When Waxne leaves the plane, Waxne’s total life force will be the same as just before he leaves it.
  10. Anything leaving the plane has the same life force just before it leaves it.

Casting range: 50m

Planes diameter range: 12 / 14 / 16 / 18 m

Duration: 15 / 17 / 19 / 21s

Affected by range and duration mods. (except casting range)

This skill can be toggled

So here is it, I hope you understand it. Right now I will need to take rest and get excited for the coming update. Any comment are welcome! :D

Edited by climatiseur

well i think that suicidal force is a little too powerful, becuase you can just use an energy plate to compensate for the health lost. intead i think that the sentinel should have a weapon of some sort and do the damage instead. Also spawning a sentinel is a little too unecesary, you could just turn the health into enegry or something to boost your damage.

I think that lifeforce shift  is too situational. it is a good idea for "late game". I think it should be an ability that you unlock later as the 3rd or 4th ability.

Holy sacrifice sounds like a ultra and again, too situational. And how would this work? Is we downed and the teammates can revive him? that would be exploitable since you can just use it before a boss fight so your teammates get overshields and kill the boss way easier. If he couldn't get revived, this ability would never be used, since you have to waste a self revive just to help your teammates. A Mag/Trinity/Oberon's abilities  isjust be alot better for healing and overshields.

I kind of gave up to the 4th ability because it was way to hard to understand reading, instead try drawing a picture of what you're trying to explain :D

his stats does really make him a supertank, i think the shields should be 300 instead because he will then have the saem amount of HP like zephyr but with even more armor making him overpowered in my opinion.

nice idea with the life force theme though, i like it. The other abilities was easy to understand in my opinion. So for things you're trying to explain, but you know it will not be easy to understand. Draw the thing instead. It doesn't have to be a good or detailed drawing, just simple so the reader can "see" what you are talking about.

Edited by TheHoodie

I really really like the idea. However, I think the abilities need some work. 2 and 4 can and will result in frequent suicide. Having a high damage weapon means that when using 4 all that damage you deal is dealt to yourself as well. My gammacor deals over 4k damage. That will automatically wipe a team standing in one end of the zone. 2 sounds cool at first but when you think about it, unless you were almost dead to begin with, you just gave most enemies way more health and shields than they had to begin with as well as a damage buff. Maybe make 2 cast the sentinel to someone else instead of swapping stats. And if 4 only did partial damage to tenno it would be a lot more viable. Other than that I could only see it used on ODD with both circles on the cryopod.

Very nice concept. I wonder if HE could be Mutalist infested? Brood Mother maggots, Swarm and Tar moa visuals.

Maggots eating flesh.

Swarms draining/recharging?

Tar for plane.

Etc.

Thanks!  But why do you think HE should be Mutalist infested?  I honestly haven't think in that way...

It might help saving some designing time if using the visual of current infested, but that would make HE a little less unique I think.

well i think that suicidal force is a little too powerful, becuase you can just use an energy plate to compensate for the health lost. intead i think that the sentinel should have a weapon of some sort and do the damage instead. Also spawning a sentinel is a little too unecesary, you could just turn the health into enegry or something to boost your damage.

Not actually, although the storage of Suicidal Force Sentinel doesn't count in the planes, IF you toggle the ability to regain health, you are actually giving all the enemies as well as tennos in the planes a health gain, not on yourself.

As for the sentinel, its existence is just because I need something less abstract to help myself understand what I was thinking :P

Because if I don't use this sentinel to design this idea, it will be so much more confusing even for myself.

After building up the idea, I decided letting the sentinel stay is not a bad idea :D

Holy sacrifice sounds like a ultra and again, too situational. And how would this work? Is we downed and the teammates can revive him? that would be exploitable since you can just use it before a boss fight so your teammates get overshields and kill the boss way easier. If he couldn't get revived, this ability would never be used, since you have to waste a self revive just to help your teammates. A Mag/Trinity/Oberon's abilities  isjust be alot better for healing and overshields.

I think you misunderstand this ability. Holy sacrifice basically shares your own life force to your teammates, and it is evenly distributed. So the more life force you have, the more health /shield / overshield your teammates can gain. However, the less life force you have, the less the can gain. Thus it may not results in giving them overshield. Actually, I think most of the time it can't.

It cannot instant revive downed teammates. And casting it will not instantly make yourself down, because you retain a proportion of your life force.

eg the team has 4 people. Your life force is divided into 4 parts. 3 for your teammates, 1 for your own.

I kind of gave up to the 4th ability because it was way to hard to understand reading, instead try drawing a picture of what you're trying to explain :D

his stats does really make him a supertank, i think the shields should be 300 instead because he will then have the saem amount of HP like zephyr but with even more armor making him overpowered in my opinion.

nice idea with the life force theme though, i like it. The other abilities was easy to understand in my opinion. So for things you're trying to explain, but you know it will not be easy to understand. Draw the thing instead. It doesn't have to be a good or detailed drawing, just simple so the reader can "see" what you are talking about.

I don't mind drawing a picture but I afraid it will further confuse you more XD, so I will try to explain it in a more simple way first...

The 4th ability means that

HE creates 2 circle planes, 1 round him, another one is at the position where HE is aiming.

The total life force within this 2 planes will always equals each other.

eg. Planes A has 5 people in it, the total life force is 2000; Planes B has 3 people in it, the total life force is 1200.

The beginning total life force of both planes is 2000 + 1200 = 3200.

If the people within this 2 planes are damaged, instead of damaging only some units, the damage is done to the total lifeforce in both planes.

That means, if in this case, 1000 damage is done to random targets within the planes, the total life force of 2 planes is now 2200.

As there are 8 people in both planes, if the total life force is reduced below 8, all the people will go down / dead instantly. So the minimum life force per people to stay standing is 1. (I forgot to mention it in OP)

---

Yeah, I give him high shield, because Suicidal Force will auto cancelled itself when shield is depleted. So I think it could help the ability to get more useful. But I agree it can be tuned down a bit.

And thinks for your support ! If you are still confused I will draw something hopefully it is understandable :D

I really really like the idea. However, I think the abilities need some work. 2 and 4 can and will result in frequent suicide. Having a high damage weapon means that when using 4 all that damage you deal is dealt to yourself as well. My gammacor deals over 4k damage. That will automatically wipe a team standing in one end of the zone. 2 sounds cool at first but when you think about it, unless you were almost dead to begin with, you just gave most enemies way more health and shields than they had to begin with as well as a damage buff. Maybe make 2 cast the sentinel to someone else instead of swapping stats. And if 4 only did partial damage to tenno it would be a lot more viable. Other than that I could only see it used on ODD with both circles on the cryopod.

First , Thanks for supporting :D

And yes, they are meant to be really risky and have consequences to use. That compensate the high stats of HE, so these risks provide chances for him to go down but not invincible :P

For 4, yes, if your weapons is really high damage, you probably don't want to shoot enemies in the planes. But note that, the planes allows bullets and projectiles and abilities to pass through, so actually you can shoot things outside, and things outsides and shoot you. You may need to think about if you want to cast it with your friends inside too. And you can still use 2 , and 3 while in the planes.

As for 2. you are also right, it is situational. Hence there is 1 for constantly lowering your own health to make it having more chance to be casted.

I was thinking making 2 also usable on allies, however, it is really troll-able  so I think it should not be able to.

I forgot to add that for 2, when it ends, only armor values etc will be reset, the shield and health value will not be changed again.

Edited by climatiseur