Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kudos To De On Syndicate Rep Rework

Sword_Symphony

Seriously, good job. You found a way to both mitigate the boring Draco Rep Farming, and reward players who actually will play the different mission types and hunt for the seeds in Syndicate missions. I know there's gonna be a lot of people who will be pissed that they can't just go to Draco now and Press 4 to max Syndicate Rep, but oh well. You did the right thing. 

I agree, though I would note though that while rep farming from a reputation standpoint has been addressed in a substantial way, 'rep farming' isn't going to die with this change. Personally, about 1/4 of rep farms I've participated in since syndicates came out have been for the actual reputation - the rest has been for xp and hyper-ranking weapons. Call me a cynic but I feel no less inclined to do a standard rep farm or two just as I have been, and I would imagine many others feel the same.

I haven't touched syndicate missions for quite sometime now so I guess its a good change of pace rather than mindlessly pressing 4 on draco.

I for one is leaning towards the positive side on this one, like MechNexus said, its just plain old unhealthy for players to rely on Draco Spam Farm.

Also I haven't gotten both Gammacor and that nifty syndana so yeah.

well i like the change, but i mostly did rep farm, for power lvling crap weapons lol.

If you need to level a weapon, just stealth T1void now. You will need to equip a serration/hornet nest + Silence mod in order to one-shot enemies in stealth, but you know. It's good XP now.

Am I missing something? I don't see how halving the rep cap will push people on maps like Draco. Won't they still just go to Draco and other favored spots to do their thing to get the rep cap, and then move on to medallion hunting? At best it just reduced the amount of time they can effectively farm on those maps.

And on this day, Excaliburs everywhere breathed a sigh of relief as their sore abused 4 buttons were allowed to rest. 

^ Glad I'm not one of those. Hunting for those medalions is worth the time, but I'm guessing people have better things to do than searching medalions... Pretty much the same with exploring. People simply have better things to do than exploring a mission, opening lockers, breaking containers... You know, the kind of things that usually provide at least 30x better rewards than the 'Start -> Objective -> Extraction -> Repeat' cycle that apparently became standardized...?

... moving on...

Am I missing something? I don't see how halving the rep cap will push people on maps like Draco. Won't they still just go to Draco and other favored spots to do their thing to get the rep cap, and then move on to medallion hunting? At best it just reduced the amount of time they can effectively farm on those maps.

That's the thing, as long as it isn't troublesome to spend more time to get the same rewards then people will still run Draco... But since people hate troublesome things, like exploring the missions properly to get as much as the mission can give, they won't run Draco anymore...

... Nor will they run normal Syndicate Missions and search for the Syndicate Medallions. DE, you're so stupidly naïve (Pardon the bluntness) if you're thinking they are going to even be bothered to search for those...

Well, I'm not heartbroken to see the rep cap reduced.  Haven't hit that in ages, cause I have enough time to get 38k every day without farming draco or the like, the draco farming was insanely boring.

That said, I wouldn't characterize replacing Draco farming with daily "Strap loot radar and thief's wit on your Loki Easter Egg hunts" as an improvement. 

I really hope they start giving us choice in our dailies if this is the way it's going to go.  I'd rather play a 10 round defense then another tired round of Where's Waldo medallion hunting.

Seriously, good job. You found a way to both mitigate the boring Draco Rep Farming, and reward players who actually will play the different mission types and hunt for the seeds in Syndicate missions. I know there's gonna be a lot of people who will be &!$$ed that they can't just go to Draco now and Press 4 to max Syndicate Rep, but oh well. You did the right thing. 

How about player that don't enjoy hunting for medallions? Screw them right, after all they're just a bunch lowlife that wanna spam 4 to win, right?

That said, I wouldn't characterize replacing Draco farming with daily "Strap loot radar and thief's wit on your Loki Easter Egg hunts" as an improvement. 

You can't even do that with the AI syndicate 'buddies' that spawn in every syndicate mission.

Can't wait for a toggle for those wastes of pixels.

I too like losing 6K max Rep per day, as well as hitting the new Syndicate missions which tend to bug out even more than regular missions, often being flat out incompletable or not spawning Rep McGuffins.

Its also great how every time they attempt to mitigate player behavior, they not only completely fail to understand the point of HOW and WHY players act like that, but upon bandaiding, have a 100% chance of missing the issue completely and failing to fix it. 

Draco is still the best place to Rep farm. You're just now 6K under.

I too like losing 6K max Rep per day, as well as hitting the new Syndicate missions which tend to bug out even more than regular missions, often being flat out incompletable or not spawning Rep McGuffins.

Its also great how every time they attempt to mitigate player behavior, they not only completely fail to understand the point of HOW and WHY players act like that, but upon bandaiding, have a 100% chance of missing the issue completely and failing to fix it. 

Draco is still the best place to Rep farm. You're just now 6K under.

6k? They HALVED the daily cap. I was at 36k yesterday. Today I am 18k capped. That's 18k lost, unless I go play some solo syndicate mission. Hey, I thought this is an online game. Why are they forcing people to play solo?

6k? They HALVED the daily cap. I was at 36k yesterday. Today I am 18k capped. That's 18k lost, unless I go play some solo syndicate mission. Hey, I thought this is an online game. Why are they forcing people to play solo?

If you did more than Draco and went on Syndie missions and stuff, you'd get more Rep. Now, however, if you do the same thing, you're going to come out at a net loss, because 1/2 Rep + 2x Syndie mission Rep + 2x McGuffin Rep = 6K less total than you used to be able to make doing the same procedure.

I'm guessing DE is going to try and let it slide under the radar, because more grind is good for them.

Buy plat, Tenno :^)