Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Physx Has Been Downgraded (In Some Places)?

Matiny

Physx has actually never worked for me for some reason (I've tried so many different things, always crashes or simply minimizes the game) but now I'm getting particle animations that look like the bottom one, despite Physx being turned off. It looks so weird and now I have a feeling I'm stuck with it... I like the subtlety of the top image.

I agree. the new Physx engine does suck. I never liked to be rude to anyone or down on ANY of the devs works. but srsly. this new physx stuff sucks. i mean i wish the old physx would be reintegrated since the old physx was boss. its been nerfed. TWICE NOW!!! D: buthis needs to be brought to the devs attenion. i notice the particles are not that interactive. but still. its better than no physx. but the devs NEED to know about how bad they nerfed it

• 2 weeks later...

You are right. DE has decided to lower us to some trashy common denominator (IE: Consoles)...

After about two weeks of speaking to a support staff member, it turns out this is their new path for particles. I'm sorely livid right now. There was NO excuse.... NO. FREAKING. EXCUSE... to take our superior nVidia PhysX away to replace it with this inferior particle system garbage. As far as I'm concerned, both could have co-existed, but NOPE. Between PBR updates to now this, they are making this game look trashier and trashier by the second.

We do not buy $300 - $600 GPUs as some status quo; we do so for the ultimate in gaming experiences, performance, and quality. I propose we start a bonfire until DE restores the glory this game had once before. It just looks tacky, and unplayable now.

I wonder did DE even run this past the founders since well.. the founders is mainly the reason they have gotten as far as they have... with the new dumbed down to console approach DE has been going I'm really glad I did not help fund DE by becoming a founder

Edited by Sibernetika

• 1 month later...

i mentioned this on other threads an i get scoffed at lol,im glad to see like minded people wanting the real physx/apex back and not this cpu based particle 2.0 which was most likely made for the consoles that cant run real physx,said it before i for one am not spending another penny on this game until real physx returns and if not meh on to other games

I wonder did DE even run this past the founders since well.. the founders is mainly the reason they have gotten as far as they have... with the new dumbed down to console approach DE has been going I'm really glad I did not help fund DE by becoming a founder

The founders have no say whatsoever regarding the visual aspect of the game, we sometimes get threads showing us WIP animations or models but usually we see the finished product, like the new look of the Ogris for example; we do not vote on that. Moreover we give feedback like any other player outside of special subjects chosen by the devs, we can't post new threads in the Council forum section.

On the bright side we get asked more and more for our advice on many gameplay-related questions, like syndicate mods or frames, and the new grineer manic was invented by a council member, for example. A few months ago there had not been any new thread on the Council for months.

• 2 months later...

this is still bs too me I literally upgraded my video card just to have all the physx eye candy then a few months later they take it away....bad form DE whats the friggin point of having a nvidia physx button anyway... the particles look like crap too me and the graphics have taken a step in the wrong direction imo.

A while ago, I had been having problems getting PhysX particles to work for several months. And I finally get them working again, only to have 90% of them removed form the game a week later. At least a few things, like melee slam attacks and "derezzing" capture targets still have them.

The new particles are boring, with no dynamic movement or environmental interaction. The PhysX particles would bounce off walls and floors, and certain things would change the way they moved. Like if absorbed a captured a target inside Bastille, all the particles would float away into the air, instead of falling to the floor then getting pulled into your hand. Nyx's Absorb would affect them too, pulling any other particles into her hand. And certain melee combos had "blades" of particles that would fire out of them and bounce off the walls, like Valkyr's Paralyze. But now they just fire this shotgun blast of squiggly dots that barely even exist.

The new particles look like they belong in a game from 2004, and yet they are better according to the Devs...

The old PhysX particles are not even all that you can do with PhysX processing, either. If DE were to keep using PhysX, they could do so much more with it. Just look at Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for what PhysX can do. It has liquid physics, and the shattering of frozen enemies is a thousand times better than what Warframe has.

• 1 month later...

A while ago, I had been having problems getting PhysX particles to work for several months. And I finally get them working again, only to have 90% of them removed form the game a week later. At least a few things, like melee slam attacks and "derezzing" capture targets still have them.

The new particles are boring, with no dynamic movement or environmental interaction. The PhysX particles would bounce off walls and floors, and certain things would change the way they moved. Like if absorbed a captured a target inside Bastille, all the particles would float away into the air, instead of falling to the floor then getting pulled into your hand. Nyx's Absorb would affect them too, pulling any other particles into her hand. And certain melee combos had "blades" of particles that would fire out of them and bounce off the walls, like Valkyr's Paralyze. But now they just fire this shotgun blast of squiggly dots that barely even exist.

The new particles look like they belong in a game from 2004, and yet they are better according to the Devs...

The old PhysX particles are not even all that you can do with PhysX processing, either. If DE were to keep using PhysX, they could do so much more with it. Just look at Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel for what PhysX can do. It has liquid physics, and the shattering of frozen enemies is a thousand times better than what Warframe has.

I'll look into the Borderlands game. Considering that I recently began to pay for my games (GASP), it may be well worth the purchase.