Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Explosive Weapons

Oberonight

Let's face it: despite their somewhat decent damage, these weapons, the Ogris, Penta, and Angstrum are absolutely useless compared to ANY other weapon due to a few reasons

It's stupid how a bombard takes no damage from his own explosion yet my Angrstum demolishes me even when i'm atleast 50 meter away from the blast radius.
Self damage is just a primitive design aspect in a game such as Warframe; a Soma Prime offers ridiculously higher DPS with absolutely no risk unlike the Ogris, Penta, and Angstrum.

On top of them being unreliable, they barely have any ammo whatsoever

Ogris and Penta only have 25 total shots, 5 from magazine and 20 reserve

Angstrum has 33 total shots, 3 from magazine and 30 reserve

All the while, the Opticor sits at a ludicrous 525 WHEN IT IS ALSO CONSIDERED A LAUNCHER AND IS AFFECTED BY THE FIRESTORM MOD

Adding insult to injury, the Opticor does not even have the proper AoE properties possessed by the original three launchers

So two simple changes must be made: increase ammo capacity and remove self damaging properties.

By no means are these changes going to make them valid competitors with the DPS monsters, Boltor Prime and Synoid Gammacor, but these weapons are barely even usable due to the ridiculous drawbacks they bring and it is imperative that they be fixed if we want weapon variety to exist at all.

EDIT: SELF DAMAGING EXPLOSIVE WEAPONS ARE THE MAIN FOCUS OF THIS THREAD. NO TORID, NO QUANTA, ETC. ONLY SELF DAMAGING EXPLOSIVE WEAPONRY.

Edited by Oberonight

Let's face it: despite their somewhat decent damage, these weapons are absolutely useless compared to ANY other weapon due to a few reasons

It's stupid how a bombard takes no damage from his own explosion yet my Angrstum demolishes me even when i'm atleast 50 meter away from the blast radius.
Self damage is just a primitive design aspect in a game such as Warframe; a Soma Prime offers ridiculously higher DPS with absolutely no risk unlike the Ogris, Penta, and Angstrum.

On top of them being unreliable, they barely have any ammo whatsoever

Ogris and Penta only have 25 total shots, 5 from magazine and 20 reserve

Angstrum has 33 total shots, 3 from magazine and 30 reserve

All the while, the Opticor sits at a ludicrous 525 WHEN IT IS ALSO CONSIDERED A LAUNCHER AND IS AFFECTED BY THE FIRESTORM MOD

Adding insult to injury, the Opticor does not even have the proper AoE properties possessed by the original three launchers

So two simple changes must be made: increase ammo capacity and remove self damaging properties.

By no means are these changes going to make them valid competitors with the DPS monsters, Boltor Prime and Synoid Gammacor, but these weapons are barely even usable due to the ridiculous drawbacks they bring and it is imperative that they be fixed if we want weapon variety to exist at all.

Well as a response to your first point, Nova doesn't take any damage from Antimatter Drop, neither do we take damage from the Torid.

Bombards harming themselves with their Ogris? I see nothing wrong with that. Their high armour and the fact that the explosions have no LoS checks seems about fair for them being able to injure themselves.

As for the ammo issue I completely agree. We went from ridiculously high ammo capacity to absolutely pathetic ammo capacity AND their use sniper ammo.

Fix: Change them to using rifle ammo or increase their base ammo by a bit.

pls hush about my opticor. It's only a matter of time till it's nerfed; please don't hurry it.

D:

Edited by Keybopsef

Well as a response to your first point, Nova doesn't take any damage from Antimatter Drop, neither do we take damage from the Torid.

Ok we don't take damage from Torid; that only reinforces my point. Why is that and Opticor the only launchers that don't damage us?

you know what is the worst part? explosion dont affect the nulifier inside the nulifiers ball but a bombard affect us inside our snow globe ball, maybe if punchtrought and explosion affect enemies inside the nulifiers ball punchtrought and explosion get some attention

pd also this would help the nulifier being more balanced

Edited by ysmer

Nah Ogris is massively OP. Don't take the DPS into account take the massive AoE damage that can 1 hit nearly anything. Then take ammo mutation and your sweet. It's a great defense mission weapon especially against infested in a group. You sit in a safe firing position then waste them.

Nah Ogris is massively OP. Don't take the DPS into account take the massive AoE damage that can 1 hit nearly anything. Then take ammo mutation and your sweet. It's a great defense mission weapon especially against infested in a group. You sit in a safe firing position then waste them.

Take Boltor Prime. Take Soma Prime. Take many other non-explosive weapons. Look at their killing potential. How fast they clean entire rooms with zero effort, or the simple addition of a Shred mod. How are they not massively overpowered in comparison to the current launchers? They do the same thing, except without the self-damage risk, "lack" of ammo (though that's still debatable for many), and how easy they are to "handle".

Ammo mutation should NEVER be a crutch to compensate a major design flaw in any weapon. Or at least not as much as it is now.

So what's the Quanta to you then?

Since when does the Quanta belong to the launcher/explosive category?^^'

It's a "rifle" with a SECONDARY fire that throws cubes that happen to blow up. And do zero self-damage.

I'm confused here...

They should also change the Angsrtum so it doesn't use sniper ammo. It really makes it annoying to be using two guns (paris prime and angstrum) that use the same ammo pool. I mean leave the secondaries to use pistol ammo. And the primaries have their variances, (rifle, shotgun, etc.) I often run out of ammo when I have both equipped. I fire off my Paris prime, out of ammo, when I switch to Angstrum I'm out of that too. 

Explosive weapons used to be ubiquitous.  The only reason they aren't anymore is because 1)the ammo nerf and 2) the release of new, OP, powecreeped weapons.  Explosives still do ridiculous damage in AOE, but because they can kill the user people just take their Synoid Gammacore/Boltor Prime instead.  Powercreeped weapons should be nerfed so that explosive weapons can have their niche of stupid power at risk to the user.  They certainly don't need a buff, though.

In ODD, I noticed that like 50% of the time my Ogris does like a bunch of 0 dmgs...

That's a bug where explosives don't hurt ragdolled enemies.

Edited by RealPandemonium

Personally I'm a huge fan od the Penta, and I'm all for it being buffed. I think the Penta, or at lest Ogris, should be able to at least match with the Boltor Prime/Soma Prime in terms of DPs. That ammo cap really does have to move (25? Really?) and the suicide function, while hilarious at first, really gets old fast.

Also, why does the Penta use sniper ammo but need a Rifle Ammo Mutation?

I wholeheartedly agree.

Ogris and Amprex are both designed to deal with crowds.

Guess which one everyone is using? (Amprex)

Explosives just have too many downsides to use.

Might as well use a Mk-1 Braton cuz...

At this rate a MK-1 Braton is better than a Penta

Buff the Explosives!

cuz the Mk-1 Braton actually is better than the penta.

You can zoom in for headshots achieving higher damage potential, safely attack from a distance, not worry about killing yourself, have higher ammo pool, don't have to waste mod slots on Firestorm, etc.