Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Explosive Weapons

Oberonight

I wholeheartedly agree.

Ogris and Amprex are both designed to deal with crowds.

Guess which one everyone is using? (Amprex)

Explosives just have too many downsides to use.

Might as well use a Mk-1 Braton cuz...

cuz the Mk-1 Braton actually is better than the penta.

You can zoom in for headshots achieving higher damage potential, safely attack from a distance, not worry about killing yourself, have higher ammo pool, don't have to waste mod slots on Firestorm, etc.

Let's not get carried away, here.  You aren't helping your case with such drivel.

Penta can do 150000 AOE crits,  what buff do you want

Need more ammo - use a mutator. 

I would agree increasing ammo on Castanas cause they have to be spammed and the AOE is very small compared to Penta.

Nullicancer that made slow firing weapons less viable or gamebreakingly OP Synoid are other topics. 

I'd like to see them increase to ammo cap to maybe 50 or 60, 20 is so low even for Explosive weapons.

You didn't mentioned the Castanas that really need a buff. BTW i m up for a little Penta buff but i think that the suicide mechanichs is good for balance.

Also an increase to 36-40 ammo would be good.

Agree and agree. Ammo nerf was to powerfull.

When Ogris first came out it was strongest weapon, at the time T3 exterminate with it was soloable, you could one shot corrupted gunner. Charge mechanic and ability to one shot yourself just added to fun when using it.

As damage 2.0 came, ogris became blast Weapon (blast - not so useable element). and than came nerfs to it's ammo;so it become overshadowed by it's downsides and new weapons like synapse.

I think DE has to fix explosive damage calculation first. Direct hit 2k damage, offside hit - 15k. Doesnt make sense.

edit:

Also while were talking explosives, whats going on with thunderbolt? In the AMA reddit post DE said that they think thunderbolt should scale, that was 4 months ago.

Edited by Qynchou

I agree that the self-damage should be removed.  Explosives were nerfed heavily when the ammo was reduced and switched to sniper.

Additional ammo would be nice too... since it uses the sniper ammo pool, perhaps they should have the same max ammo as most snipers?

Explosive damage is probably too high... it should work more like opticor explosions where targets take less damage the further they are from the blast.  This should apply to bombards as well... no one shot killing me through a shield, deal reduced damage instead.

Edited by Holeypaladin