Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Particle System 2.0

Technologic141

Hello guys i have little question. Its possible forced shut off that particle system 2.0 ?
Before this i run graphics at max with 61% cpu usage in team play. Now i have 100% cpu usage when i play solo on middle settings.
Now i am forced only join to team. When i am host, its unplayable.
Thx for any advice
pc: Full AMD build (motherboard,gpu,cpu)

Hello guys i have little question. Its possible forced shut off that particle system 2.0 ?

Before this i run graphics at max with 61% cpu usage in team play. Now i have 100% cpu usage when i play solo on middle settings.

Now i am forced only join to team. When i am host, its unplayable.

Thx for any advice

pc: Full AMD build (motherboard,gpu,cpu)

thats becasue the new particle system sucks,its more cpu then gpu,they killed physx an apex pretty much,maybe an enemy here an there still have it but on the warframes noooooooooooooope hopefully they fix this crap,as im sure most of already know this was done so the consoles can have some sparkly particles,nice going nerf it for pc so the consoles can have some sparkles smh that aint cool,an for you technologc141 you should do what letter13 says because this new particle system runs on the cpu so it can run on the consoles in the next update of course lol thus its running heavery on your cpu now

Edited by TheSilverBackWolf

Why they do everything on cpu when they could do it on gpu with direct compute. They aren't using gpu at all...

they did it so the consoles can have some sparklies on the next update,an the consoles dont run physx so these new little sparklies had to be run on cpu which is why gpu use has gone down since the update,basically they dumbed down/sacrified the pc versions physx and apex,for the consoles smh it sucks 

they did it so the consoles can have some sparklies on the next update,an the consoles dont run physx so these new little sparklies had to be run on cpu which is why gpu use has gone down since the update,basically they dumbed down/sacrified the pc versions physx and apex,for the consoles smh it sucks 

Where on earth did you hear this? o_O

Nvidia licence their PhysX API to console devs. Its only in the PC space where AMD cards can't benefit.

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-physx-and-apex-support-for-sony-computer-entertainment-s-playstation-4

Furthermore, if you're going to do something on the consoles, you're going to use their GPU as the CPU cores on console are incredibly weaksauce.

Standardising their particle system improves the development time of all versions of warframe.

Consoles have direct compute capability too, so there is no reason to not run it on gpu. You are right, my gpu usage has gone down even with particles set to low.

Where on earth did you hear this? o_O

Nvidia licence their PhysX API to console devs. Its only in the PC space where AMD cards can't benefit.

http://nvidianews.nvidia.com/news/nvidia-announces-physx-and-apex-support-for-sony-computer-entertainment-s-playstation-4

Furthermore, if you're going to do something on the consoles, you're going to use their GPU as the CPU cores on console are incredibly weaksauce.

Standardising their particle system improves the development time of all versions of warframe.

cmon man if you know anything about computers you can easily see this is whats going on (more gpu use, less cpu use, more physx more apex,before the update) and now the gpu only uses half of what it used to an cpus are using wayyyyyyyyy more then they used to,mind you im not the only one saying this,it is what it is pc is getting shafted for consoles,yep i play this on ps4 as well but nerfing the pc version for the consoles sucks,dont believe me just watch lol

cmon man if you know anything about computers you can easily see this is whats going on (more gpu use, less cpu use, more physx more apex,before the update) and now the gpu only uses half of what it used to an cpus are using wayyyyyyyyy more then they used to,mind you im not the only one saying this,it is what it is pc is getting shafted for consoles,yep i play this on ps4 as well but nerfing the pc version for the consoles sucks,dont believe me just watch lol

My GPU usage hasn't changed at all. I run a dedicated PhysX card (which still shows usage in warframe) so my main card is unaffected.

As for Warframe on the CPU. It still only uses ~4 of my 8 cores. 

Just as Uberplayer stated, Console GPU's have the ability to do general compute too. In fact, the PS4 was designed to be used in such a way. So blaming this on the consoles is unjustified. Like i said, since this code is wholly Digital Extremes, they are free to iterate on it as they see fit across all platforms. The Nvidia API is owned by Nvidia and not something who's code you're allowed to go poking around with.

My GPU usage hasn't changed at all. I run a dedicated PhysX card (which still shows usage in warframe) so my main card is unaffected.

As for Warframe on the CPU. It still only uses ~4 of my 8 cores. 

Just as Uberplayer stated, Console GPU's have the ability to do general compute too. In fact, the PS4 was designed to be used in such a way. So blaming this on the consoles is unjustified. Like i said, since this code is wholly Digital Extremes, they are free to iterate on it as they see fit across all platforms. The Nvidia API is owned by Nvidia and not something who's code you're allowed to go poking around with.

ok your physx card is still working but are your eyes failing you,its CLEAR to everyone physx an apex are not in use as they were,its been turned down almost off on most of the warframes,(why else dumb down an remove physx stuff other then the fact the consoles will NOT run physx on those AMD gpus they all have )some of the enemies have it still ,so use your eyes man next time you try a special,believe what you want man,even when you finally SEE im right you still wont believe me lol

ok your physx card is still working but are your eyes failing you,its CLEAR to everyone physx an apex are not in use as they were,its been turned down almost off on most of the warframes (why else dumb down an remove physx stuff other then the fact the consoles will NOT run physx on those AMD gpus they all have ),some of the enemies have it still ,so use your eyes man next time you try a special,believe what you want man,even when you finally SEE im right you still wont believe me lol

edit: didnt mean to quote myself was trying to edit some of my bad spelling lol

ok your physx card is still working but are your eyes failing you,its CLEAR to everyone physx an apex are not in use as they were,its been turned down almost off on most of the warframes,(why else dumb down an remove physx stuff other then the fact the consoles will NOT run physx on those AMD gpus they all have )some of the enemies have it still ,so use your eyes man next time you try a special,believe what you want man,even when you finally SEE im right you still wont believe me lol

I won't indulge your personal attacks at me, but for the record i have 20/20 vision and i didn't say anything otherwise about the effects changing.

AMD desktop GPU's can't do PhysX at all. I fail to see how the connection is being made that the consoles (who can license PhysX and Apex) are somehow the reason.

Furthermore (and even more silly) say the consoles are doing CPU side calculations which in turn affects desktop CPU calculation.

As for the reason why they'd change it? As i said in my posts above, it streamlines development. Development isn't being hampered as the particle code is part of the base warframe engine. PhysX is not part of the warframe engine, it merely clings on during runtime looking for flags to hook into.

Edited by MillbrookWest

its ok bud you know it all me an everyone else out there that knows whats going on are soooooooooooooo wrong lol,even when the consoles or game devs license phyx you only get a variation of physx that runs on the cpu (ala havok which is cpu) not gpu full physx this has been going on since the last consoles in case you didtn know,an yes the consoles cpu will be doing that variation of licensed physx since the amd gpu will NOT run physx period,proven by many physx games yep that includes pc gamers with amd cards get a variation of physx that runs on the cpu not gpu,yes it may streamline dev but at the cost of what,as i stated at the cost of pc/nv physx/apex,high cpu usage for those that ran this on laptops etc since this new particle system uses  more of there cpu then ever in this game,read around the forums man you will see,i like many liked the way physx was

• 2 weeks later...

After lot of testing i find playable solution. I try DRAGON advice and its work for CPU but GPU give me only 15fps (25 when iam join in team) so i try switch off adative ex. and ambient Oc. but nothing change (no idea why)
*   I played before on ,1280/720, DX9, GRAPHIC: MAX
** This maybe help only DX9 players .
First: you must switch to DX11 -> Display settings -> everything turn on/max (dont forget runtime tessalation) -> Relog -> everything turn off/low -> quit
Second: switch in DX9 -> Display settings -> Everything turn off/low -> quit
Last: Switch to DX10-> Display setting -> turn off/low: High Dynamic Range, Adative Exposure, Ambient Occlusion, Particle System Quality - Low, Shadow Quality - Low, Anti-aliasing - low (FXAA) -> relog -> Display -> Turn on: High dynamic range ->play

Dont foget keep play on DX10
This has been tested on U15.15 , Catalyst 14.12, warframe x64
Worked for me. With this i can HOST again with 80% cpu/ 30+fps stable (Not in Excavation), JOIN is about 45+ fps
I hope DE fix this new graphics for low end computers in future.

• 3 weeks later...

i luv it those who said i was wrong about particle 2.0 having something to do with the consoles since they dont run gpu physx but needed a particle system that works for the console well now i see why pc real gpu physx was nerfed lol well guess i was right as now its on the console since its cpu based <--jab at those who said i was wrong about it being cpu based as well....................ill just smile  :D lol

edit: im not knockin the consoles,i luv warframe have spent a ton of hours on both pc an ps4 an spent moneys on both,i jus hate that real gpu physx (which is what brought many to this game) has been heavily watered down