Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Targis Armor Color [Megathread]

mishmashmarsh

Welp DE have done it they have officially annoyed me. I logged on to get the new 15.13.00 update to see that my Tigris armor doesn't have any gold on it. There is no reset to default colors for your attachments so I don't want to see anyone give the old "Just use the default settings If you want it to look gold" I can't there is no option to do that.

I hate this new trend of making the prime parts able to change. I would be fine with it, if it didn't remove my Tint 2 colors and replace it with the prime parts. would it be so hard to make it into another option like for example, in the primary, secondary colors and the rest have a new option for prime weapons just for the gold shavings and all colors in the gold shavings Gleam I have noticed with all the prime weapons and warframe that the prime parts aren't as shiny as they used to be. They look dull, they don't really give the illusion of gold for me anymore, maybe its just me let me know what you guys/gals think in the comments.

thank you for reading and sorry this seems like a little angry rant post. its just that I payed for the Tigris prime armor like others and I liked it the way it used to be.

EDIT: I want to thank everyone for bringing attention to this issue. Your support is greatly appreciated. I hope that sooner or later this can be solved in a way that solves the problems of both parties, supporting or opposing this change.

Edited by mishmashmarsh

I paid for gold, I can understand wanting to color the gold parts, but now I'm stuck with an ugly plastic color I dislike.

I would greatly appreciate either letting us use "default" colors (which will still be plastic but at least "gold) or allowing some sort of "gold on/off" switch in options.

Honestly I feel swindled. This isn't the item I PAID for. Not with plat, with REAL MONEY.

I dont know what the hell you are talking about. It still looks amazing, just use the fire pallet and find a gold color (2 down 3 left or 3 down and 2 left are some good gold colors)

They're saying they don't like the PBR metal. It's not hard to understand...

Anyone complaining about the Prime gold means that, because that was the signature of the Prime gold, that it glows, not just that it's gold.

1 - They could be complaining that the colors changed not knowing that Tint 4 is now used for it, since the patch notes don't actually directly state the change.

2 - OP didn't say anything about the glowing.

May be obvious what's being discussed to some people, but it's not to everybody.  That's why it's important to be specific and detailed in bug reports and feedbacks.

I don't think making it able to be tinted is bad. What IS bad is the fact that they are using the Color Tint 4 color option to control the gold tinting. It already serves a purpose on adding color accents. Stop changing prime gold to work on Color Tint 4 and give it it's own color option in the arsenal DE. I'm not mad, but i did pay 50$ for prime access for the sole purpose of getting the Targis Prime armor set. I like being able to tint it, as some of my frames didn't match the gold it had on it previously, but I can't stand that I'm now forced to either have colored gold or gold accents rather than both like before. If this trend continues and you simply apply Prime gold tint to work off of Color Tint 4, my Loki prime will have one of two options. Looking white and gold, or looking white and purple, without gold. It would look horrid... trust me. It would also be preferable to have the old Prime Gold's Color be set to the default for updated Prime items (note: I don't mean without PBR) if they are not already.

Also, some images to show the problem simply: fixing prime tint to Color Tint 4 does not work, it already serves a purpose, do not force it to serve another.

My Loki Prime's Targis Prime armor before update:

UCCVmde.jpg

My Loki Prime's Targis Prime armor after update:

EmyHlJh.jpg

Edited by Stratego89

1 - They could be complaining that the colors changed not knowing that Tint 4 is now used for it, since the patch notes don't actually directly state the change.

2 - OP didn't say anything about the glowing.

May be obvious what's being discussed to some people, but it's not to everybody.  That's why it's important to be specific and detailed in bug reports and feedbacks.

"but now I'm stuck with an ugly plastic color I dislike."

Everyone else seems to know exactly what I meant, but I can spell it out for you specifically. Yes, I think the PBR color for the gold parts on targis are ugly.