Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Vulcan The Weapon Master

-ExcaliburPrime-

Like other people on warframe I enjoy thinking about warframes that can be played in warframe, so here is my concept of a weapon master warframe...

The name Vulcan originates from the Roman God of blacksmiths and Fire (and indirectly weaponry). ( I'm bad at names). Vulcan has a huge arsenal of weapons in a different dimension where his damage lies.

Vulcan will have the similar stats as the other offensive warframes. (Not very important, warframe or the community can decide)

Edit: Does Ragnarok sound like a good name?

Edit: Vulcan stats are now below (only a concept):

Health: 150 (450 at rank 30)

Power: 150 (225 at rank 30)

Armor: 100 (150 armor when Justice is active)

Shield Capacity: 100 (300 at rank 30)

Sprint Speed: 1.0

Stamina: 100

Polarity: 2x v (Madurai)

Aura Polarity: - (Naramon)

Abilities:

1. Devastating Rend - 25 energy
Vulcan applies rift energy to his melee weapon, and with each swing, slashes rend the very air, decapitating anything unfortunate in it's path. Each slash deals slash damage and pros bleed.
Damage: 100/200/300/400
Range: 5/10/15/20
Duration: 10 seconds

2. Justice - initial cast 10 50 energy, 10 25 energy per charge/second
Vulcan forms a giant energy javelin in his hand. That passes through all enemies in a straight line. Edit: energy javelin is similar to a charge weapon, each passing second doubling the damage. When thrown javelins pass through enemies and are lodged in walls, Vulcan can then retrieve the javelin, when Vulcan retrieves the javelin, half of the the energy cost used is refunded.

Mechanics are similar to that of a bow, any pakour moves (such as rolling, etc.) will cancel the javelin. Also the weapon can be fired as soon as it is cast (like firing a bow without charge) or can be fired after charging the javelin (the same as holding the fire key of a bow weapon). If you choose not to fire the weapon you can cancel the javelin manually by pressing the reload key (similar to cancelling the draw on a bow though the reload key), however the energy used to cast the javelin initially is lost, and the energy used to charge is refunded.

For the charge animation of the javelin, it will be similar to Firion's Straight Arrow (Final Fantasy): Watch from 1 min

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4iuW8KOOMc

(I know this animation is for an arrow, but I'm talking about the charge)
Range: 60 meters the is no limit to the range, javelins have infinite cast range and is only halted by the environment.

Damage (can not be modified by power mods):
Initial javelin damage: 50 5000 puncture damage
Every second damage is doubled.
Example: Upon cast, javelin can deal 5000 damage, followed by 10000, 20000, 40000, 80000 etc.
There is no damage cap.

While this ability is active weapons can not be used, however Vulcan gains 50 additional armour during Justice (lost after Justice has be cast).

3. Blasting Zone - 50 energy (no cast time)
Vulcan marks a spot on the environment upon first cast, upon second cast a beam of pure energy blasts this zone, all enemies caught in this zone (edit: during the second activation) are pulled to the centre of the zone. The blasting zone has infinite duration and will only detonate upon the second cast. (enemies are knocked down)
Damage: 100 explosive damage at all levels
Range: 10/12/14/16 meters

4. Annihilation - initial cast 50 energy, 15 energy per second (after entering ethereal state)
Vulcan enters a ethereal state and summons an arsenal of melee weapons from the floor. His body surpasses a material state and seems to split into multiple Vulcans, however it is in fact one Vulcan moving at the speed of light decapitating enemies in the desecrated area, he randomly chooses the closest weapon to decapitate the foe. There is a cast time of ~2 seconds. (Natural talent will be handy)

Damage: 750/1000/1500/2000 finisher damage per second, and procs bleed.
Range: 10/12.5/15/17.5/20 15 meters at all levels

What do you guys think? If I get the time, I'll do some drawings :)

Edited by Dragom2200

does his 1st give his melee weapon 20 range?

you know that's 2/5 of the max power range..meaning my Hate will be ripping the heads off of enemies from 20m away + its' base range; unless you're talking about the actual rift energy which would still not be that useful

any ability with 50 unmoddable damage is an ability that's not worth having, especially with a gimmick that will rarely ever have enough potential 

blasting zone needs an energy drain if its' duration's gonna be infinite unless enemies have a way to escape by themselves

does his 1st give his melee weapon 20 range?

his 4th is basically a rip off of Peacemaker

Edited by Ordel

@Ordel

The first ability, has the slashes reaching a max distance from Vulcan himself, not the weapon.

Secondly, I was thinking about the damage too, but I didn't want people thinking that I am just trying to make some super op warframe, does 200 initial damage seem better (still not modifiable by power mods).

Thirdly, I meant that those caught during the second activation of blast zone, not the first one (sorry for not making that clear XD), I think if that's the case.

Finally, it has much shorter range than peacemaker, I'm thinking about making the range 10 meters at all levels, but modifiable by range mods.

@Lightsmith

Yeah, I was thinking about doing something like an Unlimited Bladeworks, but with Warframe's take on it.

Also I did mention that I was bad at names... 

Now to move onto the kit of Vulcan (name not important Lightsmith :P)...

With Vulcan's 4ths ability, interesting things can happen when the 1st ability is also active, if you think about it, he uses melee weapons for the ability, and the 1st ability applies slashes to melee weapons. Mix these together and you get a pretty awesome performance, and this is where the omnislash looks really comes in (Lightsmith you know what I mean). That's one aspect of his kit

The second (and final) aspect of his kit, is the combination of his 2nd and 3rd ability. As his second ability has no damage cap, blasting a certain area would be silly op, so it is only hit scan, and only in a straight line, the enemies literally have to be hit by the javelin for them to take damage, and that's where his third ability comes handy. His third ability can have no damage, but it must be able to blast a certain area and drag the enemies into the centre of the zone, so you can line up your javelin in the centre and fire away.

So in the end, Vulcan has some interesting mechanics and good potential because of his kit, what do you think?